Wade had to rein in Garrett

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Listening to Patrick Crayton on Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio. He said that Garrett wanted to score more points in the 4th quarter, but Wade told him to just run it out.

Thought it was pretty funny. Garrett's like the kid with the new toy that doesn't know when to stop.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theogt;1761859 said:
Listening to Patrick Crayton on Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio. He said that Garrett wanted to score more points in the 4th quarter, but Wade told him to just run it out.

Thought it was pretty funny. Garrett's like the kid with the new toy that doesn't know when to stop.

I agree with Wade. When its time to run it out. Run it out.

Nothing better than taking minutes off the clock with the ball in your possession.

Garrett needed to work on THAT aspect of his coordinating :D

The 90's are reborn.

Red Son Rising in Big D.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I wanted to score more too. I'm with JC, we should've taken another strike or two downfield to really close it out...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
talk about classless ... let's talk Packers. Less than 6 minutes left in the game, AD's on the sidelines with an icepack around his knee, the Packers are up 27-0 and they still have Favre in the game chunking down the field it into the endzone for another touchdown. Clearly Mike McCarthy is trying to prove a point to the rest of the league. I hate to say it, but I think someone takes out classless Favre's knee. I'm not saying I wish it would happen, just sayin' I wouldn't be surprised.

Mansta54

Reaction score
"Run it up Herman, leave no doubt"... Luv that movie and that line:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mansta54;1761881 said:
I wanted to score more too. I'm with JC, we should've taken another strike or two downfield to really close it out...

Absolutely.

What better way to see what your personnel can do with rarely used plays.

Teams place a high value on practicing: I say there is no better practice when the game is on ice and you can work some wrinkles out in your offensive scheme.
If the score had been like 40 or 50 to whatever, I'd say, yeah, run out the clock.
But if you can make some plays and score some more.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761885 said:
talk about classless ... let's talk Packers. Less than 6 minutes left in the game, AD's on the sidelines with an icepack around his knee, the Packers are up 27-0 and they still have Favre in the game chunking it into the endzone for another touchdown. Clearly Mike McCarthy is trying to prove a point to the rest of the league. I hate to say it, but I think someone takes out that classless Favre's knee. I'm not saying I wish it would happen, just sayin' I wouldn't be surprised.
They actually have seen a bit of criticism for this decision around the league, so your post kind of loses its effect.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761885 said:
talk about classless ... let's talk Packers. Less than 6 minutes left in the game, AD's on the sidelines with an icepack around his knee, the Packers are up 27-0 and they still have Favre in the game chunking it into the endzone for another touchdown. Clearly Mike McCarthy is trying to prove a point to the rest of the league. I hate to say it, but I think someone takes out that classless Favre's knee. I'm not saying I wish it would happen, just sayin' I wouldn't be surprised.

I have been waiting for someone to bring that up all day and that is spot on.

I honestly think that taking out bradys knee stuff is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in all my life watching, listening and reading about football.

Then to have bill cowher say it on a national pregame show and give even more fuel to a stupid media talking point made me spit out my trio's pizza and laugh even more.

Its foolish. I cant wait for that steelers pats game, that maybe the best game of the year, non cowboys of course.

oh and I love garret for wanting to keep going and I really like wade for saying no now is not the time, I think we are going to have to beat the giants one more time and you dont want to do anything silly and run it up just for the fun.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761885 said:

I disagree. Some coaches do it one way and others do it another. Favre isn't calling the plays out there, dude. He takes what the defense is giving him. Ad to the fact that Favre is having the time of his life out there in the twilight of his career. I wouldn't let up if I were him either.

Wade has a different approach. I don't think he's in the business of embarrassing his peers in a game that he has locked up. I have a feeling that he'd run the Pat's score up to 100 if he had the chance, but maybe not. I don't think it's classless either way. Man up and stop them and teams won't be embarrassed. We endured plenty of those types of losses over the past ten years. Not once was I as pissed off at the opposing team anywhere near as much as was at the Cowboys for allowing the beating.

SS

:star:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Wade was correct in wanting to run the clock. With an 11 point lead the only chance the Giants had was if Dallas did something crazy to allow them back in the game. Running the clock and forcing the Giants to use up all the time outs was the smart move.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theogt;1761905 said:
They actually have seen a bit of criticism for this decision around the league, so your post kind of loses its effect.

I'm sure people are giving it a little bit of lip service because the "running up the score' topic has been on everyone's minds, but come on ... it's barely even a small blip on the national media's radar today, much less a main talking point. Any other year, and it doesn't get noticed at all ... and for good reason. The whole thing is ridiculous.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
No reason to risk injury, or a pick 6 with 4 minutes to go up by 11.

I had no problem with how we finished.

As for the poster talking about Green Bay, I was really surprised when I saw that last touchdown highlight last night. That was Classless.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761916 said:
I'm sure people are giving it a little bit of lip service because the "running up the score' thing is a hot topic, but come on ... it's barely even a small blip on the national media's radar. Any other year, and it doesn't get noticed at all ... and for good reason. The whole thing is ridiculous.
Well, obviously if the Packers had been caught cheating and were doing it week in and week out, it would get more press.

Woods

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1761918 said:
No reason to risk injury, or a pick 6 with 4 minutes to go up by 11.

I had no problem with how we finished.

As for the poster talking about Green Bay, I was really surprised when I saw that last touchdown highlight last night. That was Classless.

That last Favre TD should have been an INT, IMO. The two Vikings defenders ran into each other. I guess that's the way the ball bounces sometimes . . . .

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Keep something in perspective a bit here also. That was the Packers' "Commanders game". The Vikes and the Pack hate each other more than any two teams in that division. A lot of bad blood between those two and the Pack made sure to give them a kick in the teeth.

No one would be crying about it around here if we did it to the Foreskins. And I'll guarantee that no one on the Skins side of the equation would be crying about it if they did it to us (I know I'm getting to science fiction level, here).

SS

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761916 said:
I'm sure people are giving it a little bit of lip service because the "running up the score' topic has been on everyone's minds, but come on ... it's barely even a small blip on the national media's radar today, much less a main talking point. Any other year, and it doesn't get noticed at all ... and for good reason. The whole thing is ridiculous.

I think its your mind that is on that argument still IR. The rest of us left that beaten dead horse a while back.

You may remember your "Is Tiger Woods Classless" thread you started up a while back. I think that was the one.

You certainly don't disappoint IR. :laugh2:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Woods;1761930 said:
That last Favre TD should have been an INT, IMO. The two Vikings defenders ran into each other. I guess that's the way the ball bounces sometimes . . . .

Funny how everyone is forgetting the fact that the Vikes "outclassed" themselves on that play. Final TD? Are you kidding. The guy could have been in the stands and still recovered that defensive gaffe by the Vikings. Favre was probably trying to "Strahan" his former buddy and teammate (Sharper) and give him a gift (which the Vikings promptly turned into 7 points........for the Pack):lmao:

SS

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Dallas;1761963 said:
I think its your mind that is on that argument still IR. The rest of us left that beaten dead horse a while back.

And you're still commenting on it? Good job of moving on from a dead topic, unlike me.

Frankly, I'd like to hear what Mumbles McCarthy and Classless Favre have to say for themselves today. Everyone knows the NFL is rigging games for the Packers.