Wade had to rein in Garrett

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CoCo;1762266 said:
Not sure which Cowboy possession we're talking about but with onside kicks seemingly being very successful these days I was worried in this game longer than some might have been.

I've seen way too many long TD's given up by our defense in the last few years to believe a game is truly over until it is over. Ridiculous PI calls happen all the time. Then its truly the bounce of the ball on those onsides kicks.

The safest defense is another 7 points. :D

Yes and an int in our end of the field would have made it even easier for the Giants. Sometime you are better off running the ball and forcing the Giants to burn up the time outs. The game was pretty much in hand and there was no reason to risk a mistake.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Mansta54;1761881 said:
I wanted to score more too. I'm with JC, we should've taken another strike or two downfield to really close it out...

I agree. We were only up by two scores. A score by the Giants and then an onside kick and they could have won the game.

I thought the Cowboys would catch the Giants thinking about run - to run the clock down - and go up top to T.O. one more time.

BTW, I've never complained about teams running up the score. But if the Cowboys had gone for another touchdown, I don't think that would have qualified.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
dbair1967;1762348 said:
they blew out the Vikes anyway, but that ball was one of two or three easy ones the Vikes should have picked off...that ball ended up a Pack TD, and another one almost exactly like it ended up being a 30-40 yd gain and setting up another TD

David

So, the point isn't that the Packers were trying to score another meaningless touchdown by throwing the ball in the endzone with all of their starter in at garbage time, the point is that the Vikings should have stopped it?

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1761990 said:
noone hates the Pack, Inman

there's your reason

What? You mean this was really all about personal bias against a team and actually had nothing to do with 'the integrity of the game' and 'the eroding of sportsmanship' and other such Pollyanna nonsense?

The heck you say !!!

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
How is Dallas able to do so well so fast this year with both a new offensive and defensive coordinator. I'm baffled because its taken eons for the Commanders to adjust to Saunders new system on offense...though when GW got here the defense improved immediately. You'd still think it would take your offense more time to learn Garrett's schemes even if he is a great coach. Any opinions on this?

Mansta54

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1763200 said:
How is Dallas able to do so well so fast this year with both a new offensive and defensive coordinator. I'm baffled because its taken eons for the Commanders to adjust to Saunders new system on offense...though when GW got here the defense improved immediately. You'd still think it would take your offense more time to learn Garrett's schemes even if he is a great coach. Any opinions on this?

The problem you guys have is Gibbs and Saunders both are tuggin at the offense. Saunders isn't totally running his offense because Gibbs takes over when you reach certain parts of the field. Gibbs also doesn't allow Saunders to throw the ball like he wants to. In KC, Saunders threw the ball often and downfield. Your offense doesn't do that because of Gibbs old ways...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Its really simple: we have more talent at WR and We have a much better QB. That and Red Ball is a better OC then Saunders.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1763200 said:
Parcells put a premium on "smart players" who avoided bad plays / mistakes. By in large, those are the players that Parcells kept on the roster.

The new coordinators inherited talented "smart players" who were especially well equipped to adjust to something new.

The other thing is that the "new offense" and the "new defense" are a lot like the "old offense" and "old defense."

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
You are absolutely right, That was classless of Favre. When he tossed that up I was like are you kidding me? I already don't like favre for giving strahan the record but now I just think he is a moron.
I think he would fit in nicely with that group of skumbags out in New England. The thing that is messed up about the Pats is they play it down and talk up the opponent like they are the 72 dolphins and then when they play them they run up the score and embarase them. Bellicheat is just unlikeable and just looking at brady anymore makes me want to punch him in his stupid face. If I saw him out in public I would take a cheap shot on him lol.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1761859 said:
Listening to Patrick Crayton on Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio. He said that Garrett wanted to score more points in the 4th quarter, but Wade told him to just run it out.

Thought it was pretty funny. Garrett's like the kid with the new toy that doesn't know when to stop.
Actually I was quite pissed about it. 11 points with around 10 minutes to go is not enough. That was an ignorant thing to do. I can't tell you how much cussing I wanted to do if not for my entire family being around! :banghead:

MORE than three scores minimum at ALL TIMES! What I mean by that is at least 25 points. More points than three TDs with three (2) point converstions. (24 points)

Maybe this is why ol' Wade has never won a playoff game. :mad:

mmohican29

Reaction score

Here's one. The Cowboys are vastly more talented than the Deadskins. Our QB is not only intellgent, his skills are elite... and we have playmakers everywhere on the field to compliment his ability.

The Commanders are struggling with basic concepts- still. No worries though, we will educate you this weekend. Prepare for an epic beatdown.