Wade had to rein in Garrett

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Mansta54;1761881 said:
I wanted to score more too. I'm with JC, we should've taken another strike or two downfield to really close it out...

I am all about the scoring.....run it up!

Angus

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1761902 said:
Absolutely.

What better way to see what your personnel can do with rarely used plays.

Teams place a high value on practicing: I say there is no better practice when the game is on ice and you can work some wrinkles out in your offensive scheme.
If the score had been like 40 or 50 to whatever, I'd say, yeah, run out the clock.
But if you can make some plays and score some more.

One or two interceptions could change that scenario.

:)

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1761859 said:
Listening to Patrick Crayton on Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio. He said that Garrett wanted to score more points in the 4th quarter, but Wade told him to just run it out.

Thought it was pretty funny. Garrett's like the kid with the new toy that doesn't know when to stop.

Garrett could be on to something...

per unofficial NFL Playoff Tie-Breaking rules...
9. Best Net points in Common games
10. Best net points in all games

zeromaster

Reaction score
Let's just get to the SB, face the Patriots (assuming they make it), and I don't think anyone will be complaining if we run the score up.

utrunner07

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761976 said:
And you're still commenting on it? Good job of moving on from a dead topic, unlike me.

Frankly, I'd like to hear what Mumbles McCarthy and Classless Favre have to say for themselves today. Everyone knows the NFL is rigging games for the Packers.

Inman Roshi...so are you a patriots fan or just a bill bellicheat fan? I have not seen some one defend the patriots this much on their own boards...way to go man...keep up the good, pointless and incorrect fight...

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
We may end up facing the Giants again in the playoffs. I don't know whether it would be smarter to run up the score and show them that we could do it at will striking fear into their hearts, or keeping it close so that we can open up the throttle at that later date.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Wade is disappointing me with his conservativeness and I have the sinking feeling that one of these days that kind of mentality is going to come back to haunt the boys. Putting one or two more scores up in the eagles game and last night's game WOULD NOT be "running up the score" by any stretch of the imagination.

goshan

Reaction score
Many of you are missing the boat.
This had nothing to do with running up the score. Throwing the ball when up by 11 with 4-6 mins left wouldn't be thought of as running up the score by anyone.
The question at hand is was it smarter to run the ball or pass it to gurantee the win. I think running the ball was the better option, which is what Wade told Garrett to do. A pick 6 puts the Gints only 4 down (3 if they convert a 2 point conversion).

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
goshan;1762193 said:
This had nothing to do with running up the score. Throwing the ball when up by 11 with 4-6 mins left wouldn't be thought of as running up the score by anyone.
The question at hand is was it smarter to run the ball or pass it to gurantee the win. I think running the ball was the better option, which is what Wade told Garrett to do. A pick 6 puts the Gints only 4 down (3 if they convert a 2 point conversion).

:hammer:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goshan;1762193 said:
Finally the voice of reason.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I've watched Favre his entire career and he is and has been one of the most likeable and classy persons in the entire league.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
goshan;1762193 said:

On the nose.

Do you guys think we have the tools to run the clock out on the ground or is it more likely to be 3 and out?

CoCo

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1761915 said:
I think Wade was correct in wanting to run the clock. With an 11 point lead the only chance the Giants had was if Dallas did something crazy to allow them back in the game. Running the clock and forcing the Giants to use up all the time outs was the smart move.

Not sure which Cowboy possession we're talking about but with onside kicks seemingly being very successful these days I was worried in this game longer than some might have been.

I've seen way too many long TD's given up by our defense in the last few years to believe a game is truly over until it is over. Ridiculous PI calls happen all the time. Then its truly the bounce of the ball on those onsides kicks.

The safest defense is another 7 points. :D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761885 said:
talk about classless ... let's talk Packers. Less than 6 minutes left in the game, AD's on the sidelines with an icepack around his knee, the Packers are up 27-0 and they still have Favre in the game chunking down the field it into the endzone for another touchdown. Clearly Mike McCarthy is trying to prove a point to the rest of the league. I hate to say it, but I think someone takes out classless Favre's knee. I'm not saying I wish it would happen, just sayin' I wouldn't be surprised.

they blew out the Vikes anyway, but that ball was one of two or three easy ones the Vikes should have picked off...that ball ended up a Pack TD, and another one almost exactly like it ended up being a 30-40 yd gain and setting up another TD

David

links18

Reaction score
I was worried that they might need another score at the end. Imagine if the Giants would have gotten the ball back scored a quick TD, then recovered the onside kick and scored another TD--those 3 points given up at the end of the 1st half would have been the difference. Not a likely scenario, but not impossible either.....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1761990 said:
noone hates the Pack,

I do

hate em...absolutely cant stand them

I wish they'd lose all their games every yr

right there on my list with the Redstinks, Egirls, Gnats, Whiners and Stealers...I wish there was someway they could all go winless

David

thekavorka

Reaction score
When you're up by 11, much safer to run 3 straight times(even for no gain) in your own end than it is to pass.