Wade Phillips Thread *Merge*

BlueStar22

Reaction score
do yall see another scenario where he is asked to get rid of Stewart and Reed if he wants to keep his job? I am finding it hard to see Jerry getting rid of Wade. It may end up being what's needed but I wonder if Jerry would do it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2470663 said:
do yall see another scenario where he is asked to get rid of Stewart and Reed if he wants to keep his job?

G.R.O.W.

That is all...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Stewart probably know this is his last year.....hence the bags under his eyes.

khiladi

Reaction score
How is this game Wade's fault? He took over this defense and it did it's job. In fact, this defense looked better than the Steelers defense until the last drive, when essentially Ratliff went out and the offense couldn't sustain any time-consuming drives.

Jason Garrett has full authority to run this offense and he can't do anything with all this talent....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Can anybody here possibly say "He deserves another chance."?

Can anybody here doubt that the 12-men-on-the-field won't continue to happen?

Can anybody here say that yes, Wade, does provide leadership. That, yes, he can lead this sloppy-playing, misfiring team to the playoffs?

Time to put up a defense of the Clown Coach Wade Phillips or shut up.

You defenders of Wade Phillips will be listened to with respect, I promise.

Go ahead.

:mad:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
khiladi;2470718 said:
How is this game Wade's fault? He took over this defense and it did it's job. In fact, this defense looked better than the Steelers defense until the last drive, when essentially Ratliff went out and the offense couldn't sustain any time-consuming drives.

Jason Garrett has full authority to run this offense and he can't do anything with all this talent....

Gut the coaching staff and start over.... Is that possible?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wade may be the only decent coach we have on this team.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
With that title to the post I thought you were going to say
"If Wade stays I'm going":lmao2:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
khiladi;2470718 said:

it's kinda the point of the thread. I can see us winning our last 3 games and making the playoffs but I don't think it would absolve Wade of automatically coming back next year especially with the current coaching staff. also, it's not about just this game. if we don't make the playoffs, he's definitely gone but if we just sneak, still there are some changes that need to be made. Wasn't Wade let go in Buffalo for his refusal to fire an assistant?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2470663 said:
do yall see another scenario where he is asked to get rid of Stewart and Reed if he wants to keep his job? I am finding it hard to see Jerry getting rid of Wade. It may end up being what's needed but I wonder if Jerry would do it.

It doesn't matter who Jerry gets rid of, we still have Jerry!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2470772 said:
It doesn't matter who Jerry gets rid of, we still have Jerry!
I've always thought -- what this team lacks is talent.

How could we possibly win with a team cobbled together with such little talent?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I don't think it matters.

I think Wade Phillips is on the hot seat and he will either be back, staff intact or he will be gone.

Personally, I think we need to have a strong showing in the Playoffs for him to keep his job.

If we don't make the Playoffs, there is no doubt he is gone.

Not making the Playoffs would be so disastrous, that I could see Jason Garrett's job in jeopardy as well.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
theogt;2470789 said:
I've always thought -- what this team lacks is talent.

How could we possibly win with a team cobbled together with such little talent?

It's got nothing to do with talent!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Who's going to replace Wade, if he's fired?

Garrett is NOT ready, heck he is still learning how to be an effective OC.

Wade just needs to jettison Stewart, and especially Read. TWO straight years of ST inefficiency, game in and game out, is just negligence. And if Stewart cannot even call the right package AND MAKE SURE THAT THERE ARE THE RIGHT # OF PLAYERS ON THE FIELD, can him. I mean now that Wade is doing his job, Stewart can at least make sure that he CLEARLY communicates which package and personnel should be in the game THEN make sure it happens.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even Howie Long pointed out this defense has been awesome since Wade took over...

Wade was an absolute beast this game in terms of coaching... The sack by Scandrick off the edge.. Baller..

Face it... This defense only really got beat by a mistake by Newman on the long bomb... He played it a little wrong... If not for that bomb, even JG couldn't stop this team from winning with his garbage play-calling...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2470808 said:
It's got nothing to do with talent!
Oh, I thought that was the GM's sole responsibility -- assembling talent.

khiladi

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2470762 said:
it's kinda the point of the thread. I can see us winning our last 3 games and making the playoffs but I don't think it would absolve Wade of automatically coming back next year especially with the current coaching staff. also, it's not about just this game. if we don't make the playoffs, he's definitely gone but if we just sneak, still there are some changes that need to be made. Wasn't Wade let go in Buffalo for his refusal to fire an assistant?

The problem with Wade is that he took too long to take the job away from Stewart...

He needs to take the job away from Garrett... Cause that guy is the Brian Stewart of offense...

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
theogt;2470823 said:

Tell that to Jerry. Maybe he'll take a reduced roll, don't hold your breath!

JPM

Reaction score
theogt;2470823 said:
I sea what you did there.