Wade Phillips Thread *Merge*

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2471091 said:
I respect your opinion.

But I respect Jason a lot more than I do Wade.

Why? That Turkey day game from over a decade ago? Is that it?

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2471045 said:
The defense stepped up, while Ginger Jason was stinking the place up with awful play calling. Blame the right guy.

Well I lay the blame on Romo zeroing on Witten and TO too much... I mean Bennett and Roy Williams was open on a lot of plays.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
In games like this, there is not ONE scapegoat.

Our offense was inept for the last 9 minutes of the game.

Our special teams let a stagnant Pitt offense down to the 20, which directly led to three points.

Our defense surrendered 10 points on their last two series after dominating an entire game.

Did Garrett, Phillips, Romo, play a large role? Of course.

But...this was a team loss today. Everyone played their worst when it counted.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
to me this team needs someone like cowher to work the players, and possibly have wade as defensive coordinator, but not as head coach;

i still dont think that jason garrett is ready as head coach,

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2471097 said:
Well I lay the blame on Romo zeroing on Witten and TO too much... I mean Bennett and Roy Williams was open on a lot of plays.

Romo diddnt call the too deep routes, he diddnt call the pitch to TO or the insuing FB dive. Romo isnt without blame, but Garrett was clueless today. He had no clear objective and consistently called poor plays.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
theogt;2471055 said:
1. 21-8

2. He turned this defense from the worst in the league (remember Parcells' defense from New Orleans to the end of the year in 2006?) to one of the best in the league.

But I guess he's responsible for Tony playing a bad game.

Yes, true. Still though, to me it's Bruce Read (sp) who needs a hard look. Special Teams has sucked most of this year. I know Paulescu (sp) was punting into the wind and averaged 40 yards per punt but we got crushed on ST tonight. The D played well for 53 minutes and on one can deny that. When the HAD to make plays, Pittsburgh made them. This came down to a couple of really unfortunate plays, and they happen to have come from the guy I'd say is our most consistent, toughest player (Witten).

If Wade is to be blamed, I would have to wonder why the team was given so much time off this week. Could be coincidence, but it seems like mental errors were what hurt us tonight (with the exception of ST and, on a few critical occasions, our secondary...again).

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2471086 said:
I agree with Theo, you cant pin this loss on Wade I dont think. The defense was just awesome until the Steelers only TD drive of the game. Before that they made like two plays the entire game.

The only criticism I think thats valid is that for whatever reason, our defense cant force turnovers, especially ints. We just seem to never get that key pick when we need it, and today (again) we had a ton of pressure from the front 7.

Why did the 'boys stop pressuring Roethlisberger? Why?

Why were they in a prevent and stop rushing the QB, it's as if Wade asked Pitt what they needed the 'boys to do so they could come back. They would've asked to please stop pressuring Roethlisberger. Wade obliged.:banghead:

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2470726 said:
Can anybody here possibly say "He deserves another chance."?

Can anybody here doubt that the 12-men-on-the-field won't continue to happen?

Can anybody here say that yes, Wade, does provide leadership. That, yes, he can lead this sloppy-playing, misfiring team to the playoffs?

Time to put up a defense of the Clown Coach Wade Phillips or shut up.

You defenders of Wade Phillips will be listened to with respect, I promise.

Go ahead.

:mad:

What game were you watching?? Defensively, this was one of the best games of the year, which, hmmm, is Phillips responsibility?

My problem with this game was all on the O.

Garrett still has moments where he's trying to trick teams rather than beat them.

TR repeatedly through into coverage. Even the TD was with TO blanketed.

Tell me how Phillips blew this game.

newlander

Reaction score
Same EXACT arguments that took place after the Giants loss last year. In the end, it was a little of 3 things: 1) poor execution by Romo: WAY too many turnovers and gambling than necessary: despite what his delusional fan club on this board thinks 2) Red's play calling: uninspired, especially at the end 3) Defense played great fro 90% of the game and folded like a house of cards in the fourth qtr. SAME CRAP, DIFFERENT GAME GUYS. End result: Wade has to be held accountable at end of season when this team misses the playoffs. He will be gone.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Wade is a Pathetic coach who has NEVER won a playoff game despite taking many teams there, He is a spineless coach who never confronts his players on their shortcommings ....pathetic nfl coach he is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2471095 said:
You didn't actually expect him to respond did you?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
In the famous words of Mike Shanahan at the end of SB XXXII..."ONE TIME! COME ON BABY, JUST ONE TIME!", I would LOVE to see our HC chew a ST player's butt out when he comes off the field after another blown ST play.

ST mistakes happen week after week after week and when they show the player going to the sideline you NEVER see the HC or for that matter an assistant coach get in his face and rip him for his screw up!! The player just goes back to the bench and a couple of players tap him on the helmet.

That is one of the most disgusting things I see each week with the Dallas Cowboys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2471095 said:

Selective memory. Garrett was a great backup. Then a promising young coach then an offensive coach and then assistant HC/OC in Dallas.

If you really believe that, overall, Wade has more smarts than Garrett, then that's you.

Anyone who would rather have this team in Wade's hands than in Garrett's hands is . . . misguided. That's all I will say.

But I admire your defense of Wade by way of trying to stick it to Garrett.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2471116 said:
Romo diddnt call the too deep routes, he diddnt call the pitch to TO or the insuing FB dive. Romo isnt without blame, but Garrett was clueless today. He had no clear objective and consistently called poor plays.

And that just about sums it up. Dallas came ready to play. TR an Garrett did not.

bysbox1

Reaction score
M'Kevon;2471136 said:
What game were you watching?? Defensively, this was one of the best games of the year, which, hmmm, is Phillips responsibility?

My problem with this game was all on the O.

Garrett still has moments where he's trying to trick teams rather than beat them.

TR repeatedly through into coverage. Even the TD was with TO blanketed.

Tell me how Phillips blew this game.

I can't blame this loss on Phillips, but I don't think his coaching style is good for this team. This team needs a coach who will stay on top of these guys. We do not need a hard nosed coach like Parcells was, but the family "lax" environment does not work at all. It does not make this team battle ready for games like this and the games late in the season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2471165 said:
Selective memory. Garrett was a great backup. Then a promising young coach then an offensive coach and then assistant HC/OC in Dallas.

If you really believe that, overall, Wade has more smarts than Garrett, then that's you.

Anyone who would rather have this team in Wade's hands than in Garrett's hands is . . . misguided. That's all I will say.

Thoughtful analysis right here.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wades' defense held the Steelers offense to 13 points in their house. That is an excellent job. It wasn't a perfect game for Wade, but you hold that offense to 13 points, you should be winning that game.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2471165 said:

Yes, I am misguided. The people that want the team in the hands of a coordinator who cant get a single one of his playmakers involved in a big game are right on the money. Fantastic insight.