Wade Phillips Thread *Merge*

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Answer the question!

img_fewgoodmen.jpg

\
Can we gut this whole coaching staff and do over? I'm calling a do over!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Dom Capers For Defensive Coordinator!

I'm starting the movement now.

DC4DC

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Capers is one of the worst defensive coaches in the game.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
JPM;2470855 said:
I sea what you did there.

If you guys think this loss and this disappointing season is about talent then ya'll haven't been paying attention. This team still lacks toughness, confidence, focus, intellegence, a killer instinct, leadership, a good sense of the moment (in games), disipline and accountability.

Maybe the next time the "Great GM Jethro" is getting some big name players for the team he should base their signing on their IQ score!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
His only defense is that his defense played lights out for a majority of the game.

However, they folded when they needed to play their best. The entire team collapsed...just like the playoff game last year. Every facet of this team played its worst when they needed to play their best.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
He's a fat, stupid, uninspiring coward who couldnt coach leadership or heart to save his mother's life.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The defense stepped up, while Ginger Jason was stinking the place up with awful play calling. Blame the right guy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
khiladi;2470718 said:
How is this game Wade's fault? He took over this defense and it did it's job. In fact, this defense looked better than the Steelers defense until the last drive, when essentially Ratliff went out and the offense couldn't sustain any time-consuming drives.

Jason Garrett has full authority to run this offense and he can't do anything with all this talent....

We went from having Ben look over his shoulder to no pressure. Does Phillips only call the defense when we win? He was calling a great game till the last few minutes. I was even starting to gain respect for him, that went out the window.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2471045 said:
The defense stepped up, while Ginger Jason was stinking the place up with awful play calling. Blame the right guy.

On second thought...that is absolutely correct.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
1. 21-8

2. He turned this defense from the worst in the league (remember Parcells' defense from New Orleans to the end of the year in 2006?) to one of the best in the league.

But I guess he's responsible for Tony playing a bad game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
theogt;2470823 said:
Oh, I thought that was the GM's sole responsibility -- assembling talent.

Well....the GM has actually done a good job of that as far as players, BUT the problem remains the OC and DC.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2471045 said:

This works.
Dallas looked like the number one defense on the field today and if the offense could have given them at least a little bit of help, this game was a win.

But because Garrett doesn't understand discipline, - see the constant near delay of games, and isn't at all creative in play calling, the defense had to try to carry a team with way to much talent to hide the fact that Garrett isn't a very good OC.

It seems the level of talent he's had to work with actually hid this fact for a while and had everyone thinking he's great. Now, despite this talent, his well has run dry and he can't utilize a team with two top notch receivers two great TE's, great RB's a very good QB and a pretty solid line.

Sorry, the writing is on the wall: Garrett stinks.

Keep Wade fire Jason.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Jimz31;2471067 said:
Well....the GM has actually done a good job of that as far as players, BUT the problem remains the OC and DC.
I wouldn't say the DC is a problem. I don't want anyone else calling this defense but Wade, so I wouldn't really care if a monkey was the DC.

But I guess if you want to fire the GM because Jason Garrett is our OC, then who am I to call you irrational?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2471047 said:
We went from having Ben look over his shoulder to no pressure. Does Phillips only call the defense when we win? He was calling a great game till the last few minutes. I was even starting to gain respect for him, that went out the window.

Because Ratliff was OUT OF THE GAME ON THE LAST SERIES and a majority of the other series... Wade still blitzed up the middle but we got no interior push...

Our offense also had how many three and outs during that time? What was the offense doing to take the pressure off the defense, especially at that moment?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
There is no way in the world wade should be head coach next year; NO WAY!

just think about this;
what did wade say about felix jones, i dont trust him as kickoff guy, but when pressed into it, felix was great on kickoffs
then wade says i dont trust choice as backup rb, but look at what happened, when pressed into service choice did pretty well;

why did wade say those things about felix and choice, then they prove wade wrong;

that to me shows wade inexcusable judge of talent evaluation and getting them ready to play;

and you sure cant get players ready to play, when you have them getting off on days when they should be working, not getting the days off

now this team is real real close to having leaders on this team taking that next step, but they are not quiet ready yet, but real close,

now wade is fine as the defensive coordinator, look at what wade has done when he has had to take over the defense and what wade has done

but when you give players off like in the arizona loss, you give the players that extra day off, you give the players extra other days off when you should have been working them, getting players ready; thats like the cowboys not playing doug free or mcquistan, 10 to 1, if they had played them, got them ready they would have been ok, by that i point to what felix jones did and choice when wade said i dont trust them;

so there is no way i want wade back as head coach; this team needs focus, and that comes from the head coach, especially offense and special teams

and we all know that read shouldnt be here as special teams coach;

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2471055 said:
1. 21-8

2. He turned this defense from the worst in the league (remember Parcells' defense from New Orleans to the end of the year in 2006?) to one of the best in the league.

But I guess he's responsible for Tony playing a bad game.

I agree with Theo, you cant pin this loss on Wade I dont think. The defense was just awesome until the Steelers only TD drive of the game. Before that they made like two plays the entire game.

The only criticism I think thats valid is that for whatever reason, our defense cant force turnovers, especially ints. We just seem to never get that key pick when we need it, and today (again) we had a ton of pressure from the front 7.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Who here is for Ware being in coverage? Not me....let the guy rush the freakin' QB.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
vta;2471073 said:
This works.
Dallas looked like the number one defense on the field today and if the offense could have given them at least a little bit of help, this game was a win.

But because Garrett doesn't understand discipline, - see the constant near delay of games, and isn't at all creative in play calling, the defense had to try to carry a team with way to much talent to hide the fact that Garrett isn't a very good OC.

It seems the level of talent he's had to work with actually hid this fact for a while and had everyone thinking he's great. Now, despite this talent, his well has run dry and he can't utilize a team with two top notch receivers two great TE's, great RB's a very good QB and a pretty solid line.

Sorry, the writing is on the wall: Garrett stinks.

Keep Wade fire Jason.

I respect your opinion.

But I respect Jason a lot more than I do Wade.