Wade said...

cowboyed

Reaction score
aikemirv;2395535 said:
I would not give them any time off other than the required days!

They need mental reps, not a vacation.

You can see that extra day off last week really helped us against the Giants.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Yeah...God forbid a football game along with squandering a season away keeps their mind on football. Unbelievable.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, we all knew this was going to happen, let's not kid ourselves. I bet you he gives them at least two days off next week too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
but thats the problem, this team doesnt practice hitting, period, good ole wade doesnt believe in it

you could tell the way the players played, thats how they hit, like no hitting in practice

till this team gets rid of wade phillips, hires a head coach that has total authority to trade or cut players, this team will go nowhere

this team needs to be shaken up, just like when hershel walker was traded, and players were cut or traded by jimmy johnson

bottom line, this is a LAZY, SLOOPY FOOTBALL TEAM, NOW THIS TEAM HAS ATTITUDE OF OH WELL, JUST LIKE WADE, THATS NEEDS TO CHANGE,

THIS COACHING STAFF IS TOO WAY WAVEY, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO GAME PLAN

WHEN YOUR OWNER JERRY JONES AND SAYS WE PROBABLY WILL LOSE TO THE GIANTS, WE CONCEDE, THAT SENDS A SIGNAL TO THE WHOLE TEAM, THAT YOUR COACHING STAFF DOESNT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR GAMEPLANNING

thewireman

Reaction score
Jeez I wish I was payed millions for what I do, then get days off when I did bad at my job

JPM

Reaction score
Jake0;2395585 said:
Well even the Fox analysts said they needed time off to regroup after this game during the OT..... it's what you do during the bye week so... I don't know. As long as they practice hard in the week coming up to the game I think everything will be good. We have the latest bye week the league gives so now is a good time to rest.
Yeah, I heard Jimmy say it. Don't know if I agree.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
They need a couple of days off. Win or lose. They're beat up physically and mentally. But I wouldn't give them more than two and I probably would add some time to the schedule as well in preparation for the Skins game.

The next game will likely tell us what this team is about and where it's going. It's a must game.

Mash

Reaction score
Funny....

Alot of coaches do the same thing...

Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson even mentioned that it would be a good idea to give these players some time off....

Its a long grind....

I wouldnt put to much stock into having a few days off...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Mash;2395781 said:
Funny....

Alot of coaches do the same thing...

Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson even mentioned that it would be a good idea to give these players some time off....

Its a long grind....

I wouldnt put to much stock into having a few days off...

this team gets a lot of time off.....

Mash

Reaction score
We do have weekends off at work....

So...they have a few days off during the a bye week....

the shame....

I guess Romo played poorly because he went on vacation with Jessica...

Its all hogwash...

Should we all concentrate on our jobs 24/7?

Lets regroup and make a run...

Mash

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395787 said:
this team gets a lot of time off.....

so do most NFL teams......a few days off makes no difference.....IMHO.

Its not like Wade is the only coach that gives players time off during the bye....

Let the guys heal.......refocus.....

bryan08252

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
but thats the problem, this team doesnt practice hitting, period, good ole wade doesnt believe in it

you could tell the way the players played, thats how they hit, like no hitting in practice

till this team gets rid of wade phillips, hires a head coach that has total authority to trade or cut players, this team will go nowhere

this team needs to be shaken up, just like when hershel walker was traded, and players were cut or traded by jimmy johnson

bottom line, this is a LAZY, SLOOPY FOOTBALL TEAM, NOW THIS TEAM HAS ATTITUDE OF OH WELL, JUST LIKE WADE, THATS NEEDS TO CHANGE,

THIS COACHING STAFF IS TOO WAY WAVEY, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO GAME PLAN

WHEN YOUR OWNER JERRY JONES AND SAYS WE PROBABLY WILL LOSE TO THE GIANTS, WE CONCEDE, THAT SENDS A SIGNAL TO THE WHOLE TEAM, THAT YOUR COACHING STAFF DOESNT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR GAMEPLANNING

:hammer: Need more :whip:

bryan08252

Reaction score
Mash;2395802 said:
We do have weekends off at work....

So...they have a few days off during the a bye week....

the shame....

I guess Romo played poorly because he went on vacation with Jessica...

Its all hogwash...

Should we all concentrate on our jobs 24/7?

Lets regroup and make a run...

Worry about football 24/7? Practice every day?

No. But in organized sports you should have to earn your days off. Not be rewarded for crappy, unintelligent play. I don't care if you make 0 dollars to play ball or 30 million.

cowboyed

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2395704 said:

Jones did not state we were going to concede to the Giants. He even met with the staff to discuss if they were going to go with Bollinger and it was decided to go with Brad and then see how it went. Getting Brooks into the game was between Phillips and Garrett.

Mash

Reaction score
bryan08252;2395822 said:
Worry about football 24/7? Practice every day?

No. But in organized sports you should have to earn your days off. Not be rewarded for crappy, unintelligent play. I don't care if you make 0 dollars to play ball or 30 million.

Earn?

So the Lions should be working 24/7 then? I mean they havent won a game?

What organized sports dont have days off? Please tell?

Lets just beat them down and lock them in......

I guess that what the bye week is for......if you play well before it.....u have days off because you earned it......and if you played crappy.....you should be locked down and put throw 2 a days practice....

okie dokie... :rolleyes:

Tex

Reaction score
Everyone wants Jimmy Johnson back right? Well he thought a couple days off might be the best thing for the team also.