Wade, what have you done (or not done) to my beloved Cowboys?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dodger12;2332539 said:
Jason Garrett. I know it won't happen during the season but I want blood either way.

There will be blood.

And we shall drink it like a milkshake.

Dodger12

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2332547 said:
There will be blood.

And we shall drink it like a milkshake.

Our dream is burning and all we can do is sit and watch............
ThereWillBeBlood_07.jpg

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2332334 said:
It was funny, it was Parcells that ruined the team, now it's phillips.

I think Parcells antics grew old for most of the players.

But with Parcells you knew one thing, who was in charge.

Going back to Hardknocks, when you look at the coaches meetings, you don't know who's in charge.

It seems like Garrett doesn't respect Phillips.

This team lacks focus, and it doesn't seem to be able to put together a complete perfomance.

This team deserved to lose today. And if something doesn't drastically change, they are going to be 9-7, if we are lucky.

Boysboy

Reaction score
braw;2332499 said:
A real good coach like who? WHO? WHO? Bellichek with or without Brady?...Other than Giants, Titans, Bills, and Stealers everybody else has 2 or more loses. Before you bring up the Past and spout a Jimmy he did have the Walker Trade to help". Also Irvin was picked by Landry and he did not want to start Aikman( wanted Walsh) also wanted Blair Thomas and James Frances over Emmitt.

And less not forget the same Jimmy Johnson's Fins who crashed and burned every Dec.

Of course, all the haters will insist how "He was handcuffed by Dan Marino there".

Boysboy

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2332694 said:
I think Parcells antics grew old for most of the players.

But with Parcells you knew one thing, who was in charge.

Going back to Hardknocks, when you look at the coaches meetings, you don't know who's in charge.

It seems like Garrett doesn't respect Phillips.

This team lacks focus, and it doesn't seem to be able to put together a complete perfomance.

This team deserved to lose today. And if something doesn't drastically change, they are going to be 9-7, if we are lucky.

The ironic thing about all this is that we averaged 9 wins under Parcells as well.

Honestly-I don't know if anyone wants to coach this team.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dodger12;2332539 said:
Jason Garrett. I know it won't happen during the season but I want blood either way.

I think we'll beat the Rams next week, but what if we lose to the Bucs and Giants before the bye week, which is ENTIRELY probable?

I can see Jerry making a move by then.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332699 said:
The ironic thing about all this is that we averaged 9 wins under Parcells as well.

Honestly-I don't know if anyone wants to coach this team.

This is a more talented team than what we had under Parcells.

Simply the emergence of Romo is enough to raise the expectaitons.

Right now it seems like the inmates are running the asylum. Phillips aww-shucks attitude works as long as the team is winning.

I just think that a situation like we had under Parcells, where it was clear as to who was in charge of the team, is what is needed right now.

Who runs the show? Jerry? Garrett? Wade? The scary part is, the players dont seem to know either.

I wouldn't say this team has hit crisis mode just yet..but it seems to be getting close.

4-3 -vs- 5-2 makes a big difference.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2332707 said:
This is a more talented team than what we had under Parcells.

Simply the emergence of Romo is enough to raise the expectaitons.

Right now it seems like the inmates are running the asylum. Phillips aww-shucks attitude works as long as the team is winning.

I just think that a situation like we had under Parcells, where it was clear as to who was in charge of the team, is what is needed right now.

Who runs the show? Jerry? Garrett? Wade? The scary part is, the players dont seem to know either.

I wouldn't say this team has hit crisis mode just yet..but it seems to be getting close.

4-3 -vs- 5-2 makes a big difference.

Tas true-but nonetheless, every year under Parcells, we would have the kitchen sink in our laps, only to blow it at the end. Like in '06 when we were 8-4 and all but had the NFCE locked up(supposedly), and the Bears were the only team standing in our way...until we barely managed to win 1 more game the remainder of the way.

No matter the talent level, this was inexcusable. That could very well have been our Super Bowl year, but it didn't even come close when all was said and done.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332718 said:
Tas true-but nonetheless, every year under Parcells, we would have the kitchen sink in our laps, only to blow it at the end. Like in '06 when we were 8-4 and all but had the NFCE locked up(supposedly), and the Bears were the only team standing in our way...until we barely managed to win 1 more game the remainder of the way.

No matter the talent level, this was inexcusable. That could very well have been our Super Bowl year, but it didn't even come close when all was said and done.

Oh I agree. And the core players are pretty much the same ones.

The December collapses are frustrating.

I'm jst saying, this team needs someone to step up and steer them in the right direction. As of know, I'm not really sure who that person is.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Wade stroked egos and made them think they are too dominant and too talented. We got a loss, but I'm not sure if it was a reality check yet. They came back and kept it close. Allowing the coaches and players to fall back on same old excuses.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Boysboy;2332701 said:
I think we'll beat the Rams next week

That is what we said about the Skins. And the Cards. And, yes, we beat the worst team in the NFL.

Beating the Rams with Brad Johnson will be a tall order.

My Zone brother, we need to beat the lowly Rams at all cost. At least just to regroup and re-evaluate personnel.

I have a bad feeling about how it can all implode with Wade the Cupcake as HC. I think we've seen the beginning of a really bad stretch for the Super Bowl favorites who are now also rans.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2332729 said:
Wade stroked egos and made them think they are too dominant and too talented. We got a loss, but I'm not sure if it was a reality check yet. They came back and kept it close. Allowing the coaches and players to fall back on same old excuses.

:bow:

nflandbooze

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2332334 said:
It was funny, it was Parcells that ruined the team, now it's phillips.

I never bought that PArcells wrecked the team. My impression was that too many guys thought too highly of themselves, but generally speaking, I think everyone was accountable under Parcells.

These days, I don't get the same impression. The Cowboys lose, and Wade says, it's just one loss, or it was really close.

I lost all faith in Wade at the end of last season when he wanted to brag about being in the "final eight." That told me all I needed to know about this guy. Nice guy. Pretty good coordinator. Not a good HC.

We're supposed to be fair, call it a long season, and yada, yada, yada, but I just can't see Wade leading this team to a Super Bowl, and I think the comparisons people try to make to those 90s teams are absolutely ridiculous.