Wade's Dumb Argument

ejthedj

Reaction score
I like Wade. I think he is pretty good for this team, and I dig the family theme--I think that works.

But, I hate this thing he says over and over. He says, "Mistakes aren't yours, they are mine."

That's BS -- Penalties are the players. I know he wants them to play aggressive, so I get the basic point. But when he says this to them over and over, I think it destroys accountability. Players stop worrying about mistakes at all. The best teams and players are ones who play smart AND aggressive. That requires aggressiveness and mindfulness, fear and love. I'm sure the players love Wade. But I don't think they fear him. I'm not sure they actually feel the pressure not to make stupid mistakes like penalties.

Anyway, I hate that argument. He needs to come down hard on penalties once in a while. And the Refs need to stop jacking us!

Down with haters

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
I like it, makes sense... Let's try. It's not my fault, it's hostile's....hmmmm...sounds good to me.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If you took the time to actually try and figure out why he says that then you'd understand it's meaning.

He says that so that the players can play fast and loose on gameday. He doesn't want them being paranoid about penalties. So he says that in order to get them playing at their peak.

So wade's "argument" isn't dumb ... you're just ignorant.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
So far, we've been lucky (good?) enough to overcome our penalties. However, they DO need to stop committing them at the pace that they are. It's just ridiculous.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do wish, to some degree, that he'd make them more accountable for their mistakes but this is probably how he's always coached so I doubt he's ever going to change.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Rack;2265627 said:
If you took the time to actually try and figure out why he says that then you'd understand it's meaning.

He says that so that the players can play fast and loose on gameday. He doesn't want them being paranoid about penalties. So he says that in order to get them playing at their peak.

Whoa too strong.

But lets get back on topic here. At some point the players need to realize the penalties will one day cost them a game. A undisciplined team often digs themselves in a hole that they cannot get out.

sago1

Reaction score
The fallacy to Wade's comments re penalties is that in playoff games against other really good teams we can't win if we make so many penalties. Just imagine what could have happened in the Giants playoff game if we had only committed 1-2 penalties. Bet we would have won that game. Why can other good teams win w/o so many penalties. We've already committed 21 penalties in just 2 games. If we aren't leading the NFL in that department, we sure are near the top.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Rack;2265627 said:

No, I get his point. I just think that REPEATED OVER AND OVER, it loses its effect and justifies NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

Best leaders are loved and feared. You're neither--

Boysboy

Reaction score
ejthedj;2265608 said:
I like Wade. I think he is pretty good for this team, and I dig the family theme--I think that works.

But, I hate this thing he says over and over. He says, "Mistakes aren't yours, they are mine."

That's BS -- Penalties are the players. I know he wants them to play aggressive, so I get the basic point. But when he says this to them over and over, I think it destroys accountability. Players stop worrying about mistakes at all. The best teams and players are ones who play smart AND aggressive. That requires aggressiveness and mindfulness, fear and love. I'm sure the players love Wade. But I don't think they fear him. I'm not sure they actually feel the pressure not to make stupid mistakes like penalties.

Anyway, I hate that argument. He needs to come down hard on penalties once in a while. And the Refs need to stop jacking us!

Down with haters

This is no different from many other coaches. Even Andy Reid in his PCs always puts the blame on himself when things go wrong. Even Belichick doesn't call out his own players either.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nav22;2265633 said:
And you can't read.

Yes, I can.

ejthedj;2265945 said:
No, I get his point. I just think that REPEATED OVER AND OVER, it loses its effect and justifies NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

Best leaders are loved and feared. You're neither--just a dumass

You might want to read the rules before you go calling people names.

And before anyone bothers, calling someone "Ignorant" isn't name calling. Look up the work ignorant in the dictionary.

Also, TYPING OUT SOME words IN FULL CAPS does nothing but ANNOY people. GOT IT?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah I got an infraction last night for something far less harmful and not even directed towards the poster so if you want a heads up dont reffer to anyone other than what their username is or its an infraction.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2265966 said:
Yes, I can.

You might want to read the rules before you go calling people names.

And before anyone bothers, calling someone "Ignorant" isn't name calling. Look up the work ignorant in the dictionary.

Also, TYPING OUT SOME words IN FULL CAPS does nothing but ANNOY people. GOT IT?

IC.:D

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Rack;2265627 said:

thanks for the laugh

anything COACH CUPCAKE happens to say takes only a few nanoseconds to "figure out"... preschoolers show more advanced intellect and quicker wit. Probably some marine mammals too. They'll provide a more honest assessment too without the excuses and BS.

What aw shucks CUPCAKE is trying to pretend is that he is making HIMSELF accountable for not PROPERLY TEACHING these guys how to play without grabbing facemasks, taking late hits, jumping offsides over and over, and at the most inopportune time. GREAT COACHING CUPCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now try to connect the dots... Wade already convicted himself by providing direct evidence that he is very, very, very, very ineffective teacher.

He's dead man coaching. The writers are already clamoring he won't be back even IF HE WINS A LOMBARDI TROPHY. Players know it on both sides of the ball.

I'd have never had him return but if he can't fix the penalties AND make this a top-5 defense by the bye week it's time to send him packing.

ejthedj

Reaction score
ok, sorry but it was in response to an un-called for attack. Calling me ignorant and dismissing me is just as bad in my opinion. at least my claim had some support

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ejthedj;2266014 said:
ok, sorry but it was in response to an un-called for attack. Calling me ignorant and dismissing me is just as bad in my opinion. at least my claim had some support

Like I said, look up the word "Ignorant" in the dictionary.

If you were born on an island and no one ever taught you any math, you'd be ignorant of not knowing the answer to 2+2. It doesn't mean you'd be dumb.

It basically means you don't know what you don't know.

And no, you're claim had no support.