Reaction score
It's okay, guys.

We resigned LVE.

Coming soon....."This is the year".

depressed-man-holding-his-head-in-his-hands-E5RYTD.jpg

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whilst it doesnt explain the whole 27 year period the main issue does tend to be revolve around overpaid contract extensions to good, but, not elite talent. We rely on the draft and JAG's and/or reclamation projects because that's what you can get for your money.

We have just reset the CAP, we arent going to use that advantage up immediately when we've a number of glaring weaknesses.
I'm not sure they intended to reset the cap, but it happened.
Seems there is always a talent gap or bad luck that prevents them from having a solid roster.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
There was no risk signing Miller. It was basically a one year deal which is why he is now in Buffalo. This is a 5 year deal which will have consequences for years if Wagner can't play up to it. I guess they don't see a decline in skill.

No question the Rams are run differently. Their owners don't meddle in football affairs b/c they understand their expertise is not football. The Jones boys are a whole other ball of wax incapable of introspection and humility. Because of Jimmy Johnson's early success, Jerry truly believes, in spite of 26 years of evidence to the contrary, that he can build a team. I get it. Ten years ago, I spent an afternoon playing golf with Fred Couples who shot a 65. He made golf look so easy and effortless that I was convinced I too could shoot a 65 if I just tried hard enough. The greats make it look easy. 10 years later, I'm nowhere close to shooting 65. But b/c I saw it done up close and personal by a guy that looked no different than me, I still think in the my back of my head that I can do it. Jerry is the same way. He got a front row seat to the Jimmy Johnson show and ever since, he truly believes that its easy and he can do it.
I cannot stress how well thought out and articulated this response is

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He is 31 already. LBs on average wear down faster than any position other than RB.

The Rams are in 'win now' at all costs mode which obviously make sense for them.
I thought they just did !

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Stud run blocker too right? Nothing like telling half the story to prove a point.

What's this teams main offensive problem? They can't run the ball. How many runs were directly behind Biadasz? Plenty.

I like him and fully defended him early last year, but then his game somehow went to hell....and so did the offense as a whole at the same time.

Blow up my avatar and take a closer look. That should never happen ONCE on an NFL field. That play didn't count as a sack either.

If he doesn't figure it out he will probably lose the job to Farinok IMO.

Biadasz was a top C in college. Rimington trophy winner.

Hurt his AC joint. Otherwise we would never have drafted him in the 4th.

he doesn’t give up sacks.

he knows how to block.

the #BiadaszHate on here is a joke.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Biadasz was a top C in college. Rimington trophy winner.

Hurt his AC joint. Otherwise we would never have drafted him in the 4th.

he doesn’t give up sacks.

he knows how to block.

the #BiadaszHate on here is a joke.
I'm going to agree with all that because they are facts.

I'm also going to stand behind what I said.

From here forward we could just as easily see the Biadasz from early last season as we did toward the end.

I know which I'm hoping for, but they definitely see something in Farniok by dressing him most of last season.

Maybe that helps TB steps things up a little because as much as I want him to be the answer, he was a large part of the problem mid-November on last year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We paid Jaylon close to that much. I don't know why we would not have done that deal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes it is. You can't blame everything on coaching (which admittedly has been a problem too). The rosters have been, at times, flawed as well.
I’ve never seen a flawless SB champion. Rams were flawed. Eagles were heavily flawed. Buccaneers were flawed. It’s impossible to not be flawed in this salary cap era. But I’m not blaming just coaching. The culture around us the main culprit.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They need that extra salary cap space to pay off their illegitimate children.
The 18 percent increase on ticket prices should cover that. But don’t talk to some in here. Cowboys FO is doing things the right way lol

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We were never going to pay that, and it probably is an overpay, but wouldn't it be great if we were actually aggressive?

There is no such thing as an overpay. You can re-work any contract to make it fit. Why do fans care about "overpaying" anyways. Go get the most talent you can. Rams going all out in the last 4 years. 2 Super Bowl appearances and one ring. Dallas? 1 measly wild card round win. Yay front office!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Funny thing is its prolly like only 2 years guaranteed so can easily get out if his play declines. Our front office is trash
Whilst all that's true, why should Wagner choose Dallas over LA? Just because the Rams offered him $X doesn't mean we'd get him for the same price.
I believe the FO does go for these players, fails (or gets out bid) and Jerry just won't admit that he failed....not so much failed as didn't achieve everything he wanted.
Why do you think we go and extend "OUR OWN", it may be because nobody else wants to come here and isn't yet trapped in Jones World.
It's the privilege of the uber rich, they make the same mistakes and have the same knockbacks as we do, they just don't accept them....and in Jerry's case keep making them.