Twitter: Wagner to Rams

fivetwos

Reaction score
10 million a year plus for a 32 year old LB is not a bargain within its own box.

Nevermind the improvements it would make to the defense overall for this team at this time....that's not considered. But they would have gladly found a starting spot for him if he played on the cheap. What's the plan otherwise? Nothing? Gotcha.

That's all you need to know about Stephen Jones.

One thing they refuse to understand.....when you peak at mediocre......continuity ensures exactly what??

Answer: more mediocrity. They sure have that act down.

There's no organizational philosophy at all.....just latest whims.

Flamma

Reaction score
10 million a year plus for a 32 year old LB is not a bargain within its own box.

Nevermind the improvements it would make to the defense overall for this team at this time....that's not considered. But they would have gladly found a starting spot for him if he played on the cheap. What's the plan otherwise? Nothing? Gotcha.

That's all you need to know about Stephen Jones.

One thing they refuse to understand.....when you peak at mediocre......continuity ensures exactly what??

Answer: more mediocrity. They sure have that act down.

There's no organizational philosophy at all.....just latest whims.

He simply will not over pay free agents. But sometimes that's what you have to do to get over the top. Pay a few of these players.

I heard a comment by a MLB GM awhile back. He said something to this effect, I'm not going to go into the luxury tax if we're just going to be the 2nd wildcard. I'll only do it for a championship. And there's the catch. It's hard to be a champion without going into the luxury tax.

That seems to be Stephen's mindset as well.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He simply will not over pay free agents. But sometimes that's what you have to do to get over the top. Pay a few of these players.

I heard a comment by a MLB GM awhile back. He said something to this effect, I'm not going to go into the luxury tax if we're just going to be the 2nd wildcard. I'll only do it for a championship. And there's the catch. It's hard to be a champion without going into the luxury tax.

The Jones fam could be worried about Wagners frame. He’s had 150 NFL starts.

that’s a lot of miles.

Wagner is losing a lot of $$$ to the State of California too.

12.x state income tax on 8/9 home games, plus any upfront $$$.

the weather is nice though.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Every move just seems unrelated to each other.

It's about it being a bargain or not vs some sort of actual plan.

The Gregory thing is pure case in point....if you thought you needed a 70 million dollar defensive end, you follow losing him with a guy like Z Smith, not throw 13m at a career backup.

So it was more about Gregory himself because Jerry likes him.

And its beyond clear that there's one set of rules for Dallas draftees, and another for all else.

Makes sense.....is there a GM around who knows less about player personnel around the league than ours?

I promise if Stephen Jones was ever put to the test on it, there are starting players in the league that he has never heard of.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I think we just got a new kicker. He was found in a pebble car

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Every move just seems unrelated to each other.

It's about it being a bargain or not vs some sort of actual plan.

The Gregory thing is pure case in point....if you thought you needed a 70 million dollar defensive end, you follow losing him with a guy like Z Smith, not throw 13m at a career backup.

So it was more about Gregory himself because Jerry likes him.

And its beyond clear that there's one set of rules for Dallas draftees, and another for all else.

Makes sense.....is there a GM around who knows less about player personnel around the league than ours?

I promise if Stephen Jones was ever put to the test on it, there are starting players in the league that he has never heard of.

Yeah, they won't go off course. It's like they didn't watch the last season. Same course every year. Pay their own, build through the draft. If they have too much to cover through the draft, go straight to the FA dumpster. I'm thinking we draft a WR high this year. I'm not for it, but everything points to it.

Proof

Reaction score
so we're paying jaylon smith more this year than the rams will be paying bobby wagner. beautiful

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah I just saw that it was basically a year to year deal and the first year is 6.5 mil. To rich for Stephen Jones blood. Now let's talk about that Schultz franchise tag. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's $6.5m to play for the SB winning team that's stacked to repeat (possibly over next couple of years)...I doubt that the money was the only determining factor.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Coming soon....."This is the year".

depressed-man-holding-his-head-in-his-hands-E5RYTD.jpg
What ?
To tank ?

jnday

Reaction score
This is very telling about how Stephen approaches team-building. There is no reasonable excuse for passing on a player like this that would help the team. I don’t want to hear anybody defending the moves and lack of moves this offseason. There is no excuse. They pay DLaw like he a 20 sack a year DE, but will not sign Wagner for $6.5 million a year? I hate Stephen Jones. At least Jerry provides some good laughs from time to time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Signing Wagner for $10 million a year would have had much more of an impact than franchise tagging an average TE that can’t block.
People confuse their fantasy leagues with real football.

You don't get a point for each dump off.

Never mind that we are in 2nd and long way too often.

Wouldn't be as frustrating if they weren't so cheap otherwise. They don't want to overpay for guys but 11m for a TE that does nothing well is no problem.