Twitter: Wagner to Rams

phildadon86

Reaction score
We have a LG....McGovern could play there and hold his own. Good thing about him is he didn't have a propensity to commit penalties.

Center is not a bad player, average to this point. Unless you believe PFF, i don't, that he is really highly graded.

Pass rush is about the same that it was last year except that we may have Dlaw for a whole year and year two of Micah.

We have the draft, I hate to break it to you. We will get some players that will really help us this year, we always do.
Lol. Wow. The line went into shambles when McGovern replaced Williams. Biadasz was on skates multiple times a game, and you’re kidding yourself if you think the cowboys are drafting someone at 24 who’s making an immediate impact at pass rush when it’s known it takes time for them to develop. Just stop acting like the rams are getting worse. They aren’t.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I forgot about woods. Either way. They are getting better and the cowboys are signing dorance Armstrong and saving cap money. Lol

I would rather have Washington and Fowler than Robinson and Wagner.

You would too if you'd calm down.

Sydla

Reaction score
We have a LG....McGovern could play there and hold his own. Good thing about him is he didn't have a propensity to commit penalties.

Center is not a bad player, average to this point. Unless you believe PFF, i don't, that he is really highly graded.

Pass rush is about the same that it was last year except that we may have Dlaw for a whole year and year two of Micah.

We have the draft, I hate to break it to you. We will get some players that will really help us this year, we always do.

McGovern is a JAG. He's not an upgrade on Williams at LG. They tried it last year and guess what? They realized he wasn't better than Williams. Were you asleep last year when they tried McGovern at LG?

Pass rush is a downgrade. Hate on Gregory all you want but there's a reason he was more highly sought after and ranked than Fowler.

Your last sentence is laughable. One, we don't always get players that will help us. Two, they have so many needs it's going to be almost impossible to get quality players just from the draft to fill them all. You do this every year and every season shows they simply aren't talented enough to win. A big reason for that is they think the draft alone solves all their pressing needs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
McGovern is a JAG. He's not an upgrade on Williams at LG. They tried it last year and guess what? They realized he wasn't better than Williams. Were you asleep last year when they tried McGovern at LG?

Pass rush is a downgrade. Hate on Gregory all you want but there's a reason he was more highly sought after and ranked than Fowler.

Your last sentence is laughable. One, we don't always get players that will help us. Two, they have so many needs it's going to be almost impossible to get quality players just from the draft to fill them all. You do this every year and every season shows they simply aren't talented enough to win. A big reason for that is they think the draft alone solves all their pressing needs.
Thinking you can fix all of your problems in the draft is why this team hasn’t sniffed an NFCCG in 27 years. The fans that think this is normal and it’s all good and the cowboys are good and will be fine are part of the problem

75boyz

Reaction score
When this all comes to roost, the Rams are gonna be AWFUL......but they KNOW this, and are fine with it because that's how you get the next great QB.

So when this run depletes itself, they will have a pass from the fanbase to rebuild, and they will pick high every year.....

And be back in contention while we are still wallowing in mediocrity.....just like SF did to us more than once.

You are speaking wayyy too much like an actual NFL GM with a real plan would think, and quite frankly, I am not sure these type opinions are allowed here.

LOL! Sarcasm on bro.
Great post. Wonder how many here can actually do this type of critical thinking drill.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You said no one would sign him to that money. You were wrong. And can’t even man up and admit it. Don’t you get sick of defending this FO?
Wagner was demanding $11 million at a minimum. Did the Rams sign him to $11 million or less? 5 years for $50 million does not come out to $11 million per year.

Where did you learn math? Who is actually wrong? Can't count?

Ken

Reaction score
And we did nothing to replace the $70 million pass rusher. Fowler is a worse player. Don't try to argue otherwise.

We did nothing to fix LG either.

But I guess we are gonna find our bruising LG in the draft, along with another quality WR and a big improvement in the pass rush department over Gregory. All in the draft. We are gonna hit on like 5 picks. I can just feel it.
I mean, Gregory is probably a little better but they are VERY comparable.

On a horrid defense last year, Fowler had 1.5 less sacks than Randy. 1.5.

Fowler has had 2 seasons better than anything Randy has ever done. He is also almost 2 years younger than him.

I personally will not be surprised at all if Fowler ends up having a much better season than Randy this year.

We can definitely find our LG in the draft, we can find a WR in the draft too. Both of those positions are deep.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Must be nice to win a super bowl and then stay aggressive and try to win another. When you have a good roster you have about a 5 year window to go for it. Or you can be the Cowboys and just stay relevant enough to make playoffs and lose or flirt with the playoffs. Cowboys had a roster now to go after it. Instead they are staying stagnant.

Ken

Reaction score
Wagner was demanding $11 million at a minimum. Did the Rams sign him to $11 million or less? 5 years for $50 million does not come out to $11 million per year.

Where did you learn math? Who is actually wrong? Can't count?
We haven't seen the structure but it could be worth 65...

Carson

Reaction score
That's the strategy? Hey, maybe Brady and Stafford will go down too?
Lol that’s not the strategy.

The fact is the NFC is a 3 team race. Any team can win any given Sunday against them.

The AFC is a full blown battle zone. I would understand tanking in the AFC. In the NFC? You should go all in when the conference is down

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's very hard to repeat in the NFL. Their playoff run wasn't mind blowing last year. They blasted the Cardinals in the 1st round but could have very easily lost the next 3 games. They beat the Bucs by 3, 49ers by 3, and the Bengals by 3.
Always takes some good (or bad) fortune in today's NFL
Ex.
Couldn’t play much better than that Bills offense in the playoffs last year, yet they got eliminated in OT with their offense not even getting to touch the ball.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Rich get richer meanwhile? For a team in a money crunch they find a way to get better while we resign LVE.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol that’s not the strategy.

The fact is the NFC is a 3 team race. Any team can win any given Sunday against them.

The AFC is a full blown battle zone. I would understand tanking in the AFC. In the NFC? You should go all in when the conference is down
You are not saying that the Cowboys are one of those three teams are you?

Carson

Reaction score
You are not saying that the Cowboys are one of those three teams are you?
Correct. Bucs, Rams and likely Packers.

It seems when Dallas is up, it seems the NFC is way up. When we are down it seems the nfc and is down