Walters Football: 2019 DL draft could be legendary

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You want names of DL coaches that are as well respected as Marinelli? Pepper Johnson is one. Eric Washington is another highly thought of DL coach (although he's now the DC in Carolina). Patterson, the guy in Minnesota, is another well thought of DL coach who has built a legit DL in Minnesota.

So yes, there are quality DL coaches out there and losing Marinelli wouldn't send this franchise into a tailspin.
Bad examples outside of Patterson, and even he isn't thought of as highly as Rod.

Pepper is now out of the league due to underperforming despite having multiple studs along the DL.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN SAID THAT THE FRANCHISE WOULD TAIL SPIN AFTER LOSING ROD. You keep on changing the goal posts and it's not going to work. It would be horrible for the DL though

Alright answer the question:
What is the % chance that a DL coach we bring in to replace Rod is as good as Rod is at coaching DL? This answer should tell us a lot.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bad examples outside of Patterson, and even he isn't thought of as highly as Rod.

Pepper is now out of the league due to underperforming despite having multiple studs along the DL.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN SAID THAT THE FRANCHISE WOULD TAIL SPIN AFTER LOSING ROD. You keep on changing the goal posts and it's not going to work. It would be horrible for the DL though

Alright answer the question:
What is the % chance that a DL coach we bring in to replace Rod is as good as Rod is at coaching DL? This answer should tell us a lot.

It's an impossible question to answer. Because I believe the DC is way more vital than the DL coach. In other words, if we brought in a top flight DC and a decent DL coach, I bet our defense still would be vastly improved.

Which is why I don't really care one way or the other if Marinelli is here beyond this season.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Good we can let Irving walk. I believe taco will take the next step this year. Next year is TE and possibly WR in the first

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, the SeaChickens signed my Pet Cat DL as a UDFA, Poona Ford.