Want more motivation in NE, pull for the Eagles

Kingofholland

Reaction score
They've got the early game and by the time this game kicks off, they'll know the results and whether this game is for the lead or to stay tied for it.

I firmly believe this team needs pressure to perform at it's best and they're probably assuming the Eagles have the easier schedule from here on out, just as we are.

So, which is the stronger motivation, as if one were needed facing the Patriots at home with a 20 game win streak. The chance to move into first or not to fall a game back?

Motivations are funny little things, as I've discovered, but the fear of loss (pain) trumps the desire to win (gain) when the chips are really down. When that extra effort is required, when it's all on the line, I think the fear of falling behind the Eagles is the stronger motivator and if they should beat the Seahawks, I would be all over that if I were a coach. I believe they will fight harder to stay even than to get ahead.

Haha, that's never been a motivator for this team. Better off wanting an Eagles loss and chance to go up 2 games.

Proof

Reaction score
They've got the early game and by the time this game kicks off, they'll know the results and whether this game is for the lead or to stay tied for it.

I firmly believe this team needs pressure to perform at it's best and they're probably assuming the Eagles have the easier schedule from here on out, just as we are.

So, which is the stronger motivation, as if one were needed facing the Patriots at home with a 20 game win streak. The chance to move into first or not to fall a game back?

Motivations are funny little things, as I've discovered, but the fear of loss (pain) trumps the desire to win (gain) when the chips are really down. When that extra effort is required, when it's all on the line, I think the fear of falling behind the Eagles is the stronger motivator and if they should beat the Seahawks, I would be all over that if I were a coach. I believe they will fight harder to stay even than to get ahead.

I’d rather we both lose (same outcome) than ever hope they win. Not to mention the shame and disgust of hoping they win and then us losing afterwards. No thank you

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lol. Wut?

It's better for us if both team lose than if both teams win.

Our game is a non conference game vs Eagles game being a conference game.
Lol yea. Should definitely be pulling for Philly to lose.

But, if Philly loses and Dallas wins, the division is basically over.

Reaction score

If the Cowboys need other teams to win or lose as motivation, then then team is finished. They may as well pack their and forfeit the season. They are done.

Do the Patriots need other teams to lose to motivate them?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love you @CouchCoach but I couldn't bear it if Philly won, and we lost!! Better to have them lose!! The egals winning won't help us in the least!! Plus, that shouldn't be needed to motivate this team. But then, again, what the heck do I know. :p

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Wow, what a stretch and don't believe this voodoo team needs pressure from the Eagles conspiracy theory. Either way, I'll never root for the Eagirls ever.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we win and the Eagles lose this weekend we’ll have a 2+ game lead with five to go. That’s make the next several games a little but more comfortable.

visionary

Reaction score

if we have learned one thing about Garrett led teams over the last 10 years, it is that nothing motivates them except money

not fear of failure
Not joy of victory
Not making the playoffs
Not championships
Not embarrassment

just money

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
the only thing I want the eagles to win is last place in the division......every year for the rest of my life.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

So, please explain the success of NE despite the lack of competition in the AFC East? Why does Dallas need fear to succeed while NE does not?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, please explain the success of NE despite the lack of competition in the AFC East? Why does Dallas need fear to succeed while NE does not?
Who said NE doesn't need some fear, you don't think Belichick pushes that button? They're so used to making the playoffs and lack of competition in the division, he has to use motivational tactics. Part of Belichick's fear is the fear of embarrassment in front of the team and he'll use that on anyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just can't do that CC.
I know, ron, easier said than done. I can talk about that now because I haven't seen them on the field. Then the bile begins to creep up, the BP goes up and a deep seething distaste for anything PA related steps in.

Plus, Wentz is my least favorite QB, not named Mayfield, I cannot stand his body language on the field. Wentz is the one Booger should have used compared to Dak in leadership, he sucks at it. If I didn't know, I would never have picked Wentz to have been from a small school like North Dakota State, he's got that big time arrogance about him.

OK, alright, I've talked myself out of it, go Seahawks!