Want more motivation in NE, pull for the Eagles

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They've got the early game and by the time this game kicks off, they'll know the results and whether this game is for the lead or to stay tied for it.

I firmly believe this team needs pressure to perform at it's best and they're probably assuming the Eagles have the easier schedule from here on out, just as we are.

So, which is the stronger motivation, as if one were needed facing the Patriots at home with a 20 game win streak. The chance to move into first or not to fall a game back?

Motivations are funny little things, as I've discovered, but the fear of loss (pain) trumps the desire to win (gain) when the chips are really down. When that extra effort is required, when it's all on the line, I think the fear of falling behind the Eagles is the stronger motivator and if they should beat the Seahawks, I would be all over that if I were a coach. I believe they will fight harder to stay even than to get ahead.
Your intentions are good but we must look beyond just this week.

First of all if Phil doesn’t lose to Seattle they don’t have another loseable game rest of season except us.

It’s not likely we’ll beat NE, Buff ,Chi and LA. If we can’t count on Egirls to lose one more it might be over before we play them again.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Hell naw. Im pulling for the Hawks all the way. Im also looking forward to a 2 game lead on the division as of 6pm that Sunday.

CWR

Reaction score

First of all if Phil doesn’t lose to Seattle they don’t have another loseable game rest of season except us.

It’s not likely we’ll beat NE, Buff ,Chi and LA. If we can’t count on Egirls to lose one more it might be over before we play them again.

Its probably going to come down to week 16 vs them. We are up a game so we can technically lose 2 games without them dropping any and be down only 1 game come week 16.

We beat them and have the same record but advance due to the sweep.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't want that and I do take it one game at a time. I want that game in PHL to matter. I am a football fan before I am a fan of any team. I need games to count because just watching what this sport is now doesn't do it for me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If the Cowboys need the eagles to win to try in this game ........ They do not deserve to win.

exciter

Reaction score
On an Eagles note: The Eagles rookie OT that has filled in at LT for Peters, now expected to make his first start at RT against the Seahawks because Lane Johnson is in concussion protocol.

He will be blocking Clowney. Can't wait to watch that.
Hawks games I've seen this season Clowney played RDE and Ansah LDE!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
They've got the early game and by the time this game kicks off, they'll know the results and whether this game is for the lead or to stay tied for it.

I firmly believe this team needs pressure to perform at it's best and they're probably assuming the Eagles have the easier schedule from here on out, just as we are.

So, which is the stronger motivation, as if one were needed facing the Patriots at home with a 20 game win streak. The chance to move into first or not to fall a game back?

Motivations are funny little things, as I've discovered, but the fear of loss (pain) trumps the desire to win (gain) when the chips are really down. When that extra effort is required, when it's all on the line, I think the fear of falling behind the Eagles is the stronger motivator and if they should beat the Seahawks, I would be all over that if I were a coach. I believe they will fight harder to stay even than to get ahead.
I'd give up eating bacon for 15 to 20 minutes for an egirls loss

foofighters

Reaction score

Sorry, I just can't do it. I'd sooner cut my own foot off...

Angus12

Reaction score

Good Lord. What an absolutely ridiculous thread. If this team needs our biggest rival for the division crown to WIN in order to get motivated, especially against a team like the Patriots? Then we have bigger problems than anybody has ever imagined.

And the ONLY way a Cowboys fan should ever hope the Eagles win is if it's the last game of the regular season, they're already out of the playoffs, and they're playing a team that we need to lose so we can jump them in playoff seeding.

:laugh: Yikes.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
We need Seattle to win that game pretty badly. Philly pretty much has 4 more wins wrapped up with NY twice, Skins and Dolphins. If they beat Seattle, that’s 10 wins.

In that scenario, we’ll have to beat Philly and lose no more than two more games. Tall order with our schedule.

As the weeks pass, it’s almost looking like a certainty that the game in Philly will be for the East and a playoff spot. And that’s best case.

CPanther95

Reaction score
The problem is that both teams losing is better for the Cowboys than both teams winning.

... on 2nd thought , maybe not .

uvaballa

Reaction score
Why in the hell would we pull for the eagles? If they lose and the Cowboys lose they don't gain any ground. If we pull for them and they win and the Cowboys lose then they lose a game in the standings.