Want to really enjoy this game?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put all of that negative vibe from the media, and this forum, out of your mind and focus on the only facts that matter right now.

Forget the records of both teams, they're playing for the East in the Game of the Week. The Cowboys are trying to be the first team to repeat in 14 seasons and the Eagles, the last to do that, are trying to prevent that from happening in front of what is going to be a crazed crowd because they've seen their team come from behind to win the last two games and set up this showdown. Add to this the embarrassment of the last time these two faced off and those fans won't need batteries to be humming. BTW, this would make 4 of the last 5 for DAL. The other one was PHL's SB run.

Truth be told, both fanbases have thought their team out of this but the play of both teams, DAL in NY and PHL in MIA, have kept each other in it and driven their fanbases out of their minds. Most not only thought DAL would lose to LAR but badly. Might that win offset that NYJ loss just a smidgeon? Some can't let that go.

Think the players will be thinking about the fact they're 7-7 and some are yelling about the playoff seeding system? Think that either care that they will, most likely, have the worst record of all 16 playoff teams but most certainly in the NFC. No, they will not. They will both be thinking it's all there, right in front of them and the only thing standing in their way is their most despised rival, the very team they would like to be the team that ends their season.

Not enough, yeah, wasn't for me either as I began my self sell because I just wasn't feeling it and then I called on my old friend and nemesis to help me out......history.

Bill Bergey, Ron Jaworski, the Pickle Juice game, Buddy Ryan and too many games to count that were heartbreakers and season enders. So many meaningful games played between these two teams and do not for one minute think this game is not meaningful.

The Skins are still my rival because of the abundant history but there's something special about the Eagles. I think it's the fact that their fanbase despises the Cowboys the most.

So, I put all of that together on a mental ledger to compare and beating the Eagles in their stadium in front of those fans and ending their hopes and their season beats the records and all of the BS we keep buying that we shouldn't be excited about this game. We are not worthy because of the record, to hell with that.

I hope you can "get that old East feeling" because for me, there's nothing like it in sports. Right now I don't care about the playoffs and what happens there. There is only one game that matters and I'll tell you, I didn't think the Cowboys would be the East champ before this season began so why in the hell should I care about the record? We are on the doorstep of where I did not think we would be and how can that be a disappointing season?

I feel like Saruman beholding his army before he sends them off to battle...….. "To War!!! To War!!!" C'mon, you know you want to do it. Go ahead, let yourself go and allow yourself to enjoy the battle. All together now To War!!! To War!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can guarantee that Garrett will be fired after this season I can enjoy this game
No can do, in fact some are conflicted that this game may be what saves his bacon. There's that possibility but vissie, I gotta say, any fan that can pull for the Eagles against the Cowboys just to get rid of Garrett should have already sought out a new team. If I were at that point, I would already be gone.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you can guarantee that Garrett will be fired after this season I can enjoy this game

Same. If Jerry came out and said superbowl win or he’s gone, I would root my heart out for a superbowl win. But just like you, the thought of a 1 and out playoff showing buying another 5 years of squandered talent really sucks the fun out of this game.

ESisback

Reaction score
I will always be a Cowboy fan, regardless of a win or loss here—even if they end up keeping Garrett.

Can’t wait for this game!

Those mouth breathers at Lincoln Financial are gonna be one jacked up den of frenzied idiots! Wonder if they’ll chomp on any road apples if they win.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will always be a Cowboy fan, regardless of a win or loss here—even if they end up keeping Garrett.

Can’t wait for this game!

Those mouth breathers at Lincoln Financial are gonna be one jacked up den of frenzied idiots! Wonder if they’ll chomp on any road apples if they win.
The cops might be greasing the light poles just in case. Might be a nice holiday look in downtown Philly, a bunch of crazed drunks at the top of the light poles with the bows and tinsil.

leeblair

Reaction score
THIS and the previous Egals game is the only two that matter to me for the Boys to win. It's simply horrid living in Egals country when the Boys lose.

BOOM! GO COWBOYS!
I have often said that, if it weren't for the Steelers and the Eagles, Pennsylvania would be the most beautiful state in the United States.
The chocolate mountains are awesome to see, and upstate Pennsylvania is beautiful.
But the Steelers and the Eagles just ruin everything.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I want to see the Cowboys win Sunday, just as badly as I want to see coaching changes. For me that'd be the best of both worlds. The Cowboys need to snap out of their inconsistencies but I seriously doubt that will happen with JG remaining as our head coach. It's tough trying to reconcile espousing both approaches but that's life! Crazy huh?

Nevertheless, I can't help rooting for them once the game gets underway -- been rooting for them since 1960 and it's firmly ingrained in me to pull for them as the game commences. Old habits are funny that way . . . I've tried convincing myself I don't really care if they lose but it just doesn't work once the first kickoff comes around. I'm hopelessly addicted. Go Cowboys! ;)

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can enjoy the game win or lose, I think the more important thing is how the players view the game.
Cowboys have beaten the eagles so much lately I think they could be overconfident, and think they can just show up and play and they will
win like they have been in recent past. Plus the eagles record wise is about same as cowboys.

The eagles could see dallas as the superior team, and they are tired of losing to them, and would like to knock dallas out of playoffs.
Also give the fans in phil what they want, a win over dallas, which is almost better than a SB win to them.

Eagles dont have much to work with in passing game, but this will show how good pederson is a coaching and game planing and play calling.
I think when riech left the SB offense left with him.

Going to be a good game no matter what happens.