Ware back if Denver releases Him?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think people need to realize what Ware could do in our scheme.

For instance:
Ware had 1080 snaps this year.

Mincey had 706.
Selvie had 499.
Spencer had 372.
Lawrence had 217.

What could Ware do with only 400-500 snaps... A lot I think.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think people need to realize what Ware could do in our scheme.

For instance:
Ware had 1080 snaps this year.

Mincey had 706.
Selvie had 499.
Spencer had 372.
Lawrence had 217.

What could Ware do with only 400-500 snaps... A lot I think.

How many did he have his last year in Dallas?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Ware...and wouldn't mind him coming along for the ride but let's be honest. Ware at this point in his career isn't much better than what we were throwing out there this year. Let's go for someone younger who can build with this defense and not be a 1 year rental.

tico

Reaction score
And if Austin gets cut in Cleveland do we bring him back too? What's Felix Jones up to these days?

Austin & Felix are not even in the same caliber as Ware was career wise... Got your point but Sorry bad examples!

Ware for 10 sacks & rotates of the bench.. Why not

Kendo

Reaction score
Oh man there was nothing like seeing D. Ware blast off the line of scrimmage while his guy was still frozen in his stance only to blow right past the RB or the QB on the high side. Loved the guy (actually one of the few replica jerseys that I own) but oh how that got old. I know some of that is scheme and some was him playing on one arm and leg most of the time but in the end we couldn't justify paying him. Maybe Marinelli could get a good year or two out of him but I think we are better off moving forward with younger guys.

Side note - He seems like a very likeable, and nice guy but it always drove me nuts how he was so friendly to the other teams. Picking them up off the ground, smiling at the end of losing efforts, etc...
I know that it's different for those guys but I'm with Zordon when he says we want some Dawgs on the team. Get some nasty back on this team and give teams something to fear. My $.02

Galian Beast

Reaction score
He hasn't been healthy in 3 or 4 years.

Not only that he had 739 snaps with Denver. Was he hurt this year too? Expecting 900-1000 snaps for him at this point in his career? Ehhh.....

Where are you seeing 739?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
629, but wasn't healthy.

I don't see Denver letting him go but if you limit his snaps all they way I guess he could help. But I would really like to see Lawrence worked in more and don't want him being held back.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is gone for a reason, lets keep it that way. The past doesn't matter anymore, just look ahead to the future.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If he signs a 2014 Anthony Spencer type deal then heck yeah! That dude would be a great situational rusher at around twenty snaps a game. He just can't hold up full time in a 4-3 defense and it shows.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Care to guess how many sacks he's had in his last 8 games? Respectfully..... No.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
I couple of stories on the internet have Demarcus Ware possibly being released by The Broncos. I don't think He would command a huge salary.

They are not cutting him, he signed 3 year $30 million contract. Every penny would count against their cap.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
No, great guy, good player, he just never made a play when it mattered. Well he did jump offsides in those situations....

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
No, great guy, good player, he just never made a play when it mattered. Well he did jump offsides in those situations....

I don't think he would be a fit here in Dallas, not these days. Also not sure Ware would have the drive to earn a spot at this time in his career. Since the Cowboys decided to let Ware walk, this Cowboys team has taken on a whole new mentality. It ain't for the faint of heart.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think his upcoming years salary is fully guaranteed. No reason for them to cut him unless he's some locker room problem which I doubt.

In looking at his deal, it looks like the majority of the $20 million guaranteed was taken care of in 2014. It looks like there's only $7 million left in two $3.5 million roster bonuses.

If Denver were to release him, it looks like they're only on the hook for the remaining 2/3rds of his $5 million signing bonus.

I think his future there is likely tied into Manning's.