Ware moves around too much

Hiero

Reaction score
MiStar said:
Who cares how many sacks an individual player gets? It's all about keeping the offense out of the endzone.
well I just want the cowboys to have a better pass rush in general, and letting Ware blitz more would accomplish that imo

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hiero said:
well I just want the cowboys to have a better pass rush in general, and letting Ware blitz more would accomplish that imo

IMO, if the Cowboys had a stout DT to run the 3-4 with, Ware would be able to blitz more.

Truth is they dont.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
I thought he said he developed new moves. I diddnt see them.
One move...

hard and fast rush the long way around.

Every

single

time.

proline

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
I thought he said he developed new moves. I diddnt see them.

I saw him use an inside move a couple of times, and he was held badly on both of them. No flags thrown, of course ...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
bbgun said:
"Coverage skills"? We have linebackers for that. We didn't ask Haley to cover pass receivers. Just attack the QB and RBs.
Good point and since Ware IS a linebacker (whereas Haley was a DE) that is part of his duties. If he doesn't cover his responsibilities they will kill us with dump offs in that area.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
My problem with how Ware plays has nothing to do with him.

One of the great advantages of running the 3-4 is that it allows the defense to disguise where the rush is coming from. We've seen some VERY creative defensive packages from other teams using a 3-4

We, on the other hand, seem to be in the same exact set EVERY damn time. There is little variation.

If Ware has his hand on the ground, he is rushing...from the right side of the defense...almost every time.

If he doesn't, he's dropping into coverage.

Great disguise.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MiStar said:
Who cares how many sacks an individual player gets? It's all about keeping the offense out of the endzone.

I dont care about the sacks per se, but I do care about the pressure and how many times a QB gets knocked down...and our defense sux at that

and our defense gave up 24 pts yesterday to a mediocre offensive football team...that no pass rush thing, it matters

David

AbeBeta

Reaction score
playmakers said:
He's an amazing athlete and with the way they use him I think hes going to become a 5 sack a year guy. I know this sounds negative but its not, he tackles like crazy, he runs people down, etc. I just feel we need him at pass rush 90 perceent of the time. Turn DeMarcus loose. Putting him all over the place just hurts is pass rush.

And last year folks complained because he wasn't moved around at all. "move him around like they do with Merriman" was the near constant complaint on the board then.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
proline said:
I saw him use an inside move a couple of times, and he was held badly on both of them. No flags thrown, of course ...

Right in front of the ref at that, and then they call Flo for the same move, just like the Witten push off.