Ware needs help, big help

playmakers

Reaction score
First off, why do they insist on Ware being in the breakdown stance 1/3 of his pass rush? Second, the one OLineman that I seen that has gave Ware the most trouble is Samuels, why not move him around more? They did on one play and he almost creamed Brunell. If he lined up with Janson he might of had 4 sacks tonight. As good as he is now I feel he is still being held back. Turn this guy loose all over the field, up the middle, left , right and everywhere.

I still feel that Merriman is slightly better at this point, but its like comparing Elway to Marino. Merriman just has more of a mean streak than Ware and thats the only difference I see with the addition of being held back somewhat by our scheme.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Not to mention he is going from a DL in college to a stand up rush and cover guy in the NFL where he has to get the speed of the game and sorta learn a new position like Ellis.

superpunk

Reaction score
Ware was a huge factor. Forget the sacks, he affected more throws than I can count. ellis, too. He got matched up on a RB (like Merriman did all last week) and bam - a sack.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Ware came from all side tonight. I saw him from both the left and right sides in the base and nickle defense. He did well vs the RT.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ware was a huge factor. Forget the sacks, he affected more throws than I can count. ellis, too. He got matched up on a RB (like Merriman did all last week) and bam - a sack.
See what happens when someone pays attention? They notice the nuances of the game. Ware had a hell of a game.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
superpunk said:

:hammer: They gave him a chance to be successful and he was.

superpunk

Reaction score
The play where he shadowed Cooley in motion, and then rushed the passer - was beautiful. Samuels had NO clue.

I think the pass was completed, but that was a brilliant call.

It was nice to see some full on blitzes called. I might be wrong, but I don't think they completed a pass when we brought 6 or more.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
superpunk said:
The play where he shadowed Cooley in motion, and then rushed the passer - was beautiful. Samuels had NO clue.

I think the pass was completed, but that was a brilliant call.

It was nice to see some full on blitzes called. I might be wrong, but I don't think they completed a pass when we brought 6 or more.

Ware was eating Samuels lunch all night long.

I'll give the coaches kudos.....great job tonight.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hostile said:
See what happens when someone pays attention? They notice the nuances of the game. Ware had a hell of a game.

i agree, it was the best game i can remember him playing...other than Car

the only negative i saw him have is that he left his lane in pursuit of the RB on that reverse. other than that i thought he was terrific

playmakers

Reaction score
Im not saying he played bad but what I mean is as good as he is playing I feel he is still being held back a bit.

Reaction score
Hmmmm, were you guys looking at the same game as I was?? Ware had an absolute monsterous game tonight, he was targeted all night long and still cam with his lunch pale in hand!

superpunk

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Ware was eating Samuels lunch all night long.

I'll give the coaches kudos.....great job tonight.

Ellis was a freak as well. Those are some nice bookends. And Zimmer was on-point. More importantly, the players executed. I only saw one big blitz where they just ran into the line and stopped.

Ah, the good ole days....:bang2:

But the defense came up LARGE, tonight.

playmakers

Reaction score
Dont take my post the wrong way Im just trying to state that he can be even better if a few variables were changed. He played awesome tonight!!!!!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
You know some defensive calls are called read plays where if they aren't sure whether its run or pass they call a read and the lineman engage and make adjustments on the blocking to get to the play.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware seems to be improving by the week. It was also nice to see Coleman, Hatcher, Spears and Ratliff in on the action. Did you guys read Ratliff's lips while he was sitting on the bench after his sack? He looked up and "Thank you, Jesus."

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ellis was a freak as well. Those are some nice bookends. And Zimmer was on-point. More importantly, the players executed. I only saw one big blitz where they just ran into the line and stopped.

Ah, the good ole days....:bang2:

But the defense came up LARGE, tonight.

This game should give the young guys on D some confidence.....Now we need them to take it to the next level.......Don't settle for good, very good, or excellent. Make this D superior. :D

superpunk

Reaction score
playmakers said:
Dont take my post the wrong way Im just trying to state that he can be even better if a few variables were changed. He played awesome tonight!!!!!!

If you want him to get three sacks, so that the glorious media will "evaluate" all over him, and praise him to high heaven - ask our opponents to have a piss-poor OL, and then drop their idiot QB back 10 yards every play, and block Ware with a RB.

Because - that's what Oakland did to Merriman. That's why they suck. See my sig, for jeff Fisher's confirmation. How dominant was Merriman today? Against a coach that actually knows what he's doing?

I don't know. I didn't watch that game. :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
playmakers said:
I still feel that Merriman is slightly better at this point, but its like comparing Elway to Marino. Merriman just has more of a mean streak than Ware and thats the only difference I see with the addition of being held back somewhat by our scheme.

and i still feel people get too bored when they can't let go of things like this and choose to continue to drag them around like a coffin shackeled to our ankles and the cries of the damned forever going "MERRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN" as if one more moan will change everything.

i'm glad we got ware and i'm glad merriman is also a top flight player at his position. makes the overall game that much better and me that much happier we *do* have a playmaker in ware.