Ware needs help, big help

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
playmakers said:
I still feel that Merriman is slightly better at this point
So far in their careers Ware has more tackles for losses.

Ware > Merriman

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Ware had a hell of a game.

Oh yeah. My 1, and only complaint, would be I'd like to see him roam to the other side a little more often. I think it's coming though.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
iceberg said:
and i still feel people get too bored when they can't let go of things like this and choose to continue to drag them around like a coffin shackeled to our ankles and the cries of the damned forever going "MERRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN" as if one more moan will change everything.
Kinda reminds me of the barbershop scene in Coming to America when Eddie Murphy goes, "Evvvvery time we talk about boxing, somebody has to pull Rocky Marciano out of his arse!"

Same with Ware. Can't say anything good about him with out someone pulling Merriman out of their butts.

TroyEmmittAndMichael

Reaction score
Ware had a great game. Very disruptive. He was credited with only 1 sack, which is ok. I don't care about the number of sacks he gets as long as the media, coaches and fans recognize him for the awesome player that he is and send him to the pro bowl. I just wished Ware would get more sacks in the event that becomes the metric by which he is judged.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
Kinda reminds me of the barbershop scene in Coming to America when Eddie Murphy goes, "Evvvvery time we talk about boxing, somebody has to pull Rocky Marciano out of his arse!"

Same with Ware. Can't say anything good about him with out someone pulling Merriman out of their butts.

oh man - i love that movie! i loved the "tie in" to 'trading places".

tommyboy10

Reaction score
great game---kickoff return sucked, but the D was huge tonight---let's get TO healthy these next few weeks and get us some more!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
tommyboy10 said:
great game---kickoff return sucked, but the D was huge tonight---let's get TO healthy these next few weeks and get us some more!

Welcome to the board...enjoy

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
playmakers said:
Merriman is slightly better at this point, but its like comparing Elway to Marino. Merriman just has more of a mean streak than Ware
Merriman doesn't have a mean streak. Merriman has a slightly more 'playful' approach, and he's very good at 'guessing' the snap, based on clues he sees from the center.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Lets not forget the ticky tacky helmet to helmet call early. Ware was BEASTLY TONIGHT. I really like this kid!

Cristoff

Reaction score
How dominant was Merriman today? Against a coach that actually knows what he's doing?

I don't know. I didn't watch that game. :D[/quote]

1 assist, 1 int, no sacks, no solo tackles. I guess this means that he sucks. The Ware vs Merriman talk is beyond ridiculous. Ware may never have the sack numbers that Merriman will have, but so far he seems to be a much more versitile player and exactly what the Cowboy defense needs.

superpunk

Reaction score
Cristoff said:
1 assist, 1 int, no sacks, no solo tackles. I guess this means that he sucks. The Ware vs Merriman talk is beyond ridiculous. Ware may never have the sack numbers that Merriman will have, but so far he seems to be a much more versitile player and exactly what the Cowboy defense needs.

I knew the stat line, lol. I just didnt know if he was having a big effect on the game, or if he was neuttralized. Ware's 4 tackles and 1 sack don't tell the story of his dominance tonight. Merriman's might not either. Just as his three sacks against Oakland's RB s last week aren't an accurate barometer for how good he is.

I agree, the talk is ridiculous. And it takes games like this to shut the whiners up.

br4822

Reaction score
i dont post much but love the board.. but on another note for Ware did anyone else notice the three or 4 false starts on whichever tackle he was lining up over? great game glad the world is not ending anymore as well.

playmakers

Reaction score
Again, I must reinterate, I didnt mean to make it sound like I was ripping the guy but I think the scheme holds him back at times. He's an awesome player, one of my favorites and I'm not ripping him.

As for the tackles, I beileve Merriman missed the first few games of the season last year. The only thing I like better about Merriman is his the old wwf Razor Ramon dance after his sacks. Besides this, Im DeMarcus number 1 fan.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
Lets not forget the ticky tacky helmet to helmet call early. Ware was BEASTLY TONIGHT. I really like this kid!
That is what is infuriating about the new QB protection rules. It is almost impossible to hit a guy 3 inches shorter than you without bumping heads a little bit. I've seen that be a non-call many times but it is there if the ref's feel like throwing a flag...and they were definitely in the mood to throw some flags tonight.

Ware had a great game tonight…if he keeps this up he will be in Hawaii next spring for sure. He was getting some bull rushes on a guy who is a lot bigger than he is and he was running circles around him on other plays. I like the disguised play where he nearly got the sack…I bet we see that several more times this year. And he was great when they moved him around to the other side. We will be finding more and more creative ways to use him as time goes on.

es22

Reaction score
both players are great, and they excell in different systems. Ware is a better all around player and a speed demon, while SM is a pure hardcore pash rusher.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
That is what is infuriating about the new QB protection rules. It is almost impossible to hit a guy 3 inches shorter than you without bumping heads a little bit.

You can't go at his legs, you can't go at his head and when you go between, they call you for spearing. The only thing you can do as a DE is run by the QB, grab them by the waist and throw them to the ground.