Ware says he is fine, MBIII has dislocated toe *Merge*

Eskimo

Reaction score
We can survive and win with Choice if Barber is gone.

However, we are done as far as SB hopes if Ware is done. We go from an above averagie and emerging defense to a below average one in the snap of a finger.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
barber was injured. came out. Went for xrays. they were negative.

he goes back in and one play later the injury is worse.

I am confused as to why he went back in. I really wish they would have held him out. I know he is a tough guy to keep on the sidelines, but with the score the way it was I dont get why he went back in.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Well if Portis can play against us with a sprained knee, I see no reason why Barber won't play with a bad toe.

Reaction score
Guys, if it is true, that Barber has a dislocated pinkie toe, there isn't much you can do to make it heal. IMHO, I think Barber can and will play against the Steelers. They can add extra padding in his shoe to help as a shock-absorber.

Reaction score
A dislocation is better than a broken toe! A dislocation can be popped back in than it can be tapped to the next toe.

bula

Reaction score
Romo = Right Pinkie finger on a passer
Barber = Right pinkie toe on a runner

Coincidence?

Reaction score
Wade Phillips talks about injuries to Barber, Ware

The Cowboys came away with a 34-9 win over the Seahawks, but it's not without injury.
Marion Barber "got his foot stepped on", said coach Wade Phillips. But X-Rays were negative on the bruised right foot for Barber.
DeMarcus Ware went down with what looked like a very scary knee injury. Phillips was a little more stoic when talking about the injury to Ware. Phillips noted that Ware was walking around on the sprained left knee, but that it was definitely an injury that would need to be evaluated. The look on his face and tone of his voice was a little more concerned than his words expressed.
-- Keeli Garza

http://startelegramsports.typepad.c...lips-talks-about-injuries-to-barber-ware.html

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We absolutely can not lose Ware. Good thing we at least have those extra days to give that leg some time to heal.

Reaction score
Future;2448253 said:
We absolutely can not lose Ware. Good thing we at least have those extra days to give that leg some time to heal.

No doubt! I would think that both Ware and Barber will be ready in ten days.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Never a good thing when you are looking at the potential of losing the best defensive player in the league. Maybe we catch a break and he is alright.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think he has a mild LCL strain. I'm just hoping he didn't damage a ligament.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
It was tough to watch that DeMarcus injury and see him with that giant ice wrap on his knee. It was Like my worst nightmare was happening before my eyes. Then throw in the Barber dilemna and I was extremely concerned. My family didn't even really talk to me because they saw the look on my face.

I really hope they are good to go come next Sunday. They make up a huge part of the heart and soul of this team.

:crossed:

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
jobberone;2448308 said:
I think he has a mild LCL strain. I'm just hoping he didn't damage a ligament.

Not to be picky, but it would be a sprain of the LCL. This, by definition, would mean some sort of damage to that ligament.

But, I agree. I was thinking LCL from watching the replay. The scary thing, however, is that I've seen people walking around shortly after sustaining a second degree sprain, only to find out how bad it actually is when the swelling increases. The good thing is, it would be almost impossible to walk around if it was anything third degree or higher because it would just be too unstable. But, a month or two of rehab for a second degree is pretty common. Let's hope that it really is mild.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2448199 said:
If he plays you can bet the house he will have steel in that cleat.

No, no, no! Ever worn steel-tipped boots in freezing cold weather? Steel is an excellent conductor of, among other things, cold.

If Barber wore steel-tipped cleats, all of his toes would need to be amputated by halftime.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
this nitwit just watched jerry say that he believes both injuries are manageable and he thinks they both should be ok to go in pittsburgh.

that was recorded in the locker room though after the game, so take it for what it is worth.