News: Ware says he was telling Bryant that with 12 seconds left, there's still time, the team needs you

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wow, I never thought that at all.

I saw desire, effort and passion.

We led by 10 on two different occasions in the 4th quarter, .. I never doubted that we wanted it.

I blamed it on poor decisions, poor coaching, poor schemes, etc.

I saw mental inadequacies, .. not physical or emotional.

Just my opinion.

I saw a team who executed on three perfect plays to score a winning TD in less then 1:24. I saw a team who turned the ball over 4 times come back and beat a team who had no turnovers. I saw a team who had a chance to execute a simple running play to close out a game, fail to execute.

I think you have to acknowledge the Lions here and move on. It's a game that we should have won but we didn't.

You can blame the coaches but the coaches didn't execute and they didn't get the penalty that we absolutely could not have. You can blame the scheme but we had people open. We had opportunities and the coaching gave us a chance to win the game.

A game that we had a very good opportunity to win and we didn't. They looked like they wanted it more. They certainly played that way in the last two minutes.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dez was completely wrong here, IMO. There is a time and place for everything and that time is not losing it in front of a camera with 12 seconds left. You play to the end. That's how football works and that's why you get paid like you do.

I feel like Ware and Witten were completely right in that situation.

Why did he "lose it"? Because he was animated? Who cares about the camera, since when have cameras ever won or lost a game.

The fact of the matter is that the issue is how animated he was, not what he was saying. He could have done the same thing without waving his arms all over the place and the cameras would never have looked his way.

The perception is that Dez is an out of control thug and his animation just fed into that. For all we know, there were other guys who on the last drive had already given up hope knowing the D was so poor, but hey, as long as the camera doesn't catch them saying or doing anything, then it's okay - right?

All the talk about this is purely about perception, and it's time to get over it and move on.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why did he "lose it"? Because he was animated? Who cares about the camera, since when have cameras ever won or lost a game.

The fact of the matter is that the issue is how animated he was, not what he was saying. He could have done the same thing without waving his arms all over the place and the cameras would never have looked his way.

The perception is that Dez is an out of control thug and his animation just fed into that. For all we know, there were other guys who on the last drive had already given up hope knowing the D was so poor, but hey, as long as the camera doesn't catch them saying or doing anything, then it's okay - right?

He wasn't focused on the game and his role in that. He was focused on what we saw on the sideline.

As to your statement about perception, well, perception is what it is and you saying what you just said won't change that. What will change that is Dez not allowing himself to feed that perception. You want to change it, that's on Dez, not me or anybody else.

As a matter of clarification, I never said anything about perception or the like. I never even gave an opinion on what I thought about Dez's reactions, other then to say that he was wrong. He was wrong. He should have been in the game and focused. That's what he gets paid for. Time and place thing.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
I really think it all went south when he and Witten put their hands on Dez.

No man responds well to that.

Not sure that was necessary.

And that made it all seem very ugly.

Dez's emotional outburst was just so out of character for this zombie like team I dont think anyone knew how to react to it.

This whole thing has been completely unfair to Dez but he just moved up a notch in my eyes. This is the guy I build my team around.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dez's emotional outburst was just so out of character for this zombie like team I dont think anyone knew how to react to it.

This whole thing has been completely unfair to Dez but he just moved up a notch in my eyes. This is the guy I build my team around.

I don't like the idea that because a guy like Witten has this good-guy "put on your hardhat" mentality that every player should have the same attitude. Good attitude for Witten, but maybe it's not enough for some players. Maybe some players need to be allowed to vent that frustration.

I also don't like the attitude (from people like Jaws, Ditka, etc) that a guy shouldn't show THAT much emotion on the sideline; you have to keep it inside or save it for the lockerroom. It's not the same game those old timers played.

Those guys didn't have to deal with all the camera angles picking everything up in HD, replaying things in super slow-motion, run on 24-hr sports news networks and websites and scrutinized multiple-times a day by "experts," bloggers and every MMQb with a keyboard or cellphone in front of them.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ware is completely off base and wrong and dumb.

Dez, by all means, show your "passion." Be the only player who cares about winning. Show your disgust and yell at your teammates and by extenion at your coaches.
Dez, anytime anything is going wrong or you feel it is going wrong, please, stand up and yell and be the anointed one who cares because your teammates do not.
Screaming always get results. Next time take it to the next level because we all know your passion and that you care and stuff.

barf.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't like the idea that because a guy like Witten has this good-guy "put on your hardhat" mentality that every player should have the same attitude. Good attitude for Witten, but maybe it's not enough for some players. Maybe some players need to be allowed to vent that frustration.

I also don't like the attitude (from people like Jaws, Ditka, etc) that a guy shouldn't show THAT much emotion on the sideline; you have to keep it inside or save it for the lockerroom. It's not the same game those old timers played.

Those guys didn't have to deal with all the camera angles picking everything up in HD, replaying things in super slow-motion, run on 24-hr sports news networks and websites and scrutinized multiple-times a day by "experts," bloggers and every MMQb with a keyboard or cellphone in front of them.

You are right. Players today should show their emotions and yell a la "Housewives of New York/Atlanta" style.

Aven8

Reaction score
I was just as PO'ed in my living room as Dez was and it was refreshing to see a player feel what I feel. I can't imagine what he thought losing that game. I wanted to put my foot through the TV in disgust! It's been a while since I've been that mad over the game.

It's actually nice to know that to some, it means more then just collecting a paycheck.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
You are right. Players today should show their emotions and yell a la "Housewives of New York/Atlanta" style.

Have you seen the video/audio of the first sidelines discussion?
Have you heard Witten's comments on it?
Have you heard Romo's comments on it?
Have you heard Dez's comments on it?

To watch it on Sunday, it looks confrontational, .. but in reality at one point he is discussing one of Detroits coverage, and he is telling Tony, "we are the best in the NFL against this." And then he repeats that to Tony, "we are the best in the NFL."

You seem to be arguing a point that does not even exist.

This was not "me" oriented, or Dez riling against teammates, it was him sharing what he was seeing and giving solutions. You may not like the way that he was doing it, but it was not a negative thing. Unless you are the anti-Cowboys media.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Have you seen the video/audio of the first sidelines discussion?
Have you heard Witten's comments on it?
Have you heard Romo's comments on it?
Have you heard Dez's comments on it?

To watch it on Sunday, it looks confrontational, .. but in reality at one point he is discussing one of Detroits coverage, and he is telling Tony, "we are the best in the NFL against this." And then he repeats that to Tony, "we are the best in the NFL."

You seem to be arguing a point that does not even exist.

This was not "me" oriented, or Dez riling against teammates, it was him sharing what he was seeing and giving solutions. You may not like the way that he was doing it, but it was not a negative thing. Unless you are the anti-Cowboys media.

The shrillness and overcompensation to defend Dez is well known.

And I see that Dez's "solutions" were not followed. Too bad for us.

When Ware says Dez's show of "passion" was not in the best of venues, I believe him.

When Witten decides he's had enough and stands up to Dez, I belief him.

When YOU say things are not as they seem and Dez was being positive and he was offering "solutions" ("We the best in the NFL!" yeah that is a good solution) I DO NOT BELIEF YOU AS FAR AS I CAN THOW YOU AND YOUR HORSE.

And I say that with all doo respect.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
When YOU say things are not as they seem and Dez was being positive and he was offering "solutions" ("We the best in the NFL!" yeah that is a good solution) I DO NOT BELIEF YOU AS FAR AS I CAN THOW YOU AND YOUR HORSE.

So you have not seen the video/audio?

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The shrillness and overcompensation to defend Dez is well known.

And I see that Dez's "solutions" were not followed. Too bad for us.

When Ware says Dez's show of "passion" was not in the best of venues, I believe him.

When Witten decides he's had enough and stands up to Dez, I belief him.

And I say that with all doo respect.
Matters not what you believe. Ware and Witten, have 1 playoff win in a decade. they have not come close to win any championship their entire time here. they are use to losing. they have lost games they had won so many times that it's nothing new to them. and how dare Dez get pissed about yet another loss that should have never happen.Ware should not have put his hands on Dez.And witten should shut up and make more than 2 catches for 12 yards.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Matters not what you believe. Ware and Witten, have 1 playoff win in a decade. they have not come close to win any championship their entire time here. they are use to losing. they have lost games they had won so many times that it's nothing new to them. and how dare Dez get pissed about yet another loss that should have never happen.Ware should not have put his hands on Dez.And witten should shut up and make more than 2 catches for 12 yards.

I agree. It matters not what I believe. Ware and Witten were out of line. Dez was "pissed" and passionate.

Yet it matters most what you believe.

I git it.:D

JustAGuy

Reaction score
I can very much understand Dez being frustrated from both the "here we go again..." and "I'm looking bad right now compared to CJ" aspects. I want that kind of passion because this team needs to get angry. Slam a helmet, yell at people, turn over a table full of gator-aid, turn green and hulk up, anything that will get this team out of this funk it has been in for so long. Anything.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I can very much understand Dez being frustrated from both the "here we go again..." and "I'm looking bad right now compared to CJ" aspects. I want that kind of passion because this team needs to get angry. Slam a helmet, yell at people, turn over a table full of gator-aid, turn green and hulk up, anything that will get this team out of this funk it has been in for so long. Anything.

I really don't think was the case, .. he wants to win. Some people are just that way, they simply can not stand losing.

And I agree, it is getting old.