News: Ware says he was telling Bryant that with 12 seconds left, there's still time, the team needs you

JustAGuy

Reaction score
I really don't think was the case, .. he wants to win. Some people are just that way, they simply can not stand losing.

And I agree, it is getting old.

I didn't mean it that Dez really was feeling that way, just that I could understand it hypothetically speaking if it was a reason. I did a poor job of conveying that in my post, and I can see how it comes across like that.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He wasn't focused on the game and his role in that. He was focused on what we saw on the sideline.

As to your statement about perception, well, perception is what it is and you saying what you just said won't change that. What will change that is Dez not allowing himself to feed that perception. You want to change it, that's on Dez, not me or anybody else.

As a matter of clarification, I never said anything about perception or the like. I never even gave an opinion on what I thought about Dez's reactions, other then to say that he was wrong. He was wrong. He should have been in the game and focused. That's what he gets paid for. Time and place thing.

The game was about the only thing he was focused on, clearly. Not what the perception of his actions would be, which is what some seem to think should have been #1 in his mind.

Like I said previously, if anyone thinks for a second that he wouldn't have gone back in with 11 seconds to go and done all he could to haul in a pass, they are fooling themselves. That's all the kid does, go 100%.

dallasdave

Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware said he was trying to get Dez Bryant focused on the remaining 12 seconds in the game Sunday at Detroit, understanding the receiver was upset the Cowboys were on the verge of losing.

“There’s always a time and place – 12 seconds left in the game, knowing how important you are in the game; that’s not the place,” Ware said Tuesday during a charity event at AT&T Stadium for the North Texas Food Bank. “There’s always a time to approach the situation and approach it the right way.”

Ware said it’s common for emotions to flare on the sideline, but that even for Bryant, that display was unusually strong. Ware said he and Bryant are close and understand each other, but suggested that sideline demeanor is a matter of respect.

“To get respect, you’ve got to give respect to others,” Ware said. “Me and Dez, we’re really close to each other, and he’s a great dude, a great player. Sometimes things get heated on the sideline because we’re competitors. He’s a great competitor. There’s a time and place for everything. Everything is behind us now, and it’s on to the Vikings.”

Read the rest here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ime-and-the-team-needs-you.html#storylink=cpy
DEZ was saying you should have been throwing the ball to me the hole game and we would not be in this mess.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The game was about the only thing he was focused on, clearly. Not what the perception of his actions would be, which is what some seem to think should have been #1 in his mind.

Like I said previously, if anyone thinks for a second that he wouldn't have gone back in with 11 seconds to go and done all he could to haul in a pass, they are fooling themselves. That's all the kid does, go 100%.

We just don't agree Count. I believe he was distracted and not focused. I don't dispute that he would have given it his best but I question if it was the best he could be in that situation.

A focused Dez is very hard to stop. An unfocused Dez is not nearly as much trouble, no matter how much effort he might put into it.

That's my view on the matter.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I saw a team who executed on three perfect plays to score a winning TD in less then 1:24.

I believe it was 1:07. Regardless, a well coached team does not allow a 30+ yard bomb down the sidelines when the opposing team has no timeouts. That's exactly what you don't want to do in this situation. You want to keep players in the middle of the field and guard the sidelines so that time continues to run. That's coaching 101.

dallasdave

Reaction score

You said it right Count. If the Cowboys would have got the ball to DEZ more, they would have won the game and then could have told Brian Bullcrap to shove his microphone up his butt.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I believe it was 1:07. Regardless, a well coached team does not allow a 30+ yard bomb down the sidelines when the opposing team has no timeouts. That's exactly what you don't want to do in this situation. You want to keep players in the middle of the field and guard the sidelines so that time continues to run. That's coaching 101.

I agree but to be fair, that was a perfect pass and the coverage was there. The pass was simply perfect. Do I like it? No, I don't like it but that doesn't mean that I'm going to throw Garrett under the bus for that. There are things that I do not like but I just don't see that game as Garretts fault. There have been games where I thought the coaching staff was at fault but not that one.

dallasdave

Reaction score
DEZ said you wouldn't be in this mess if you threw me the ball. 1st audio
DEZ in 2nd audio don't do this next week throw me the ball.

erod

Reaction score
lol

3. Says who? Or is that just your assumption that he's simply an unintelligent black ghetto hoot rat who couldn't possibly understand different routes and positions?

I watch the games. Do you?

Dez goes to his spot and stays put. It's extremely rare to see him in the slot or in motion. Virtually never.

khiladi

Reaction score
DEZ said you wouldn't be in this mess if you threw me the ball. 1st audio
DEZ in 2nd audio don't do this next week throw me the ball.

And so says Cowboys nation in chorus.. Jerry's World should just chant every game, "Throw Dez the ball!"

Jenky

Reaction score

Dez goes to his spot and stays put. It's extremely rare to see him in the slot or in motion. Virtually never.

Same can be said about any of our other receivers.

And again, I don't believe this stuff. It all goes back to coaching.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Ah, the ol' "i watch the games" argument.. classic.

Yes, sir.. i most certinly watch the games that my favorite team plays.. thanks for asking.

Now, maybe you could begin to explain to all of us how Dez lining up at one position on Sundays is evidence that he can't learn other routes/positions, and not just evidence that our coaching staff is failing to utilize him how he would be most effective?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Now, maybe you could begin to explain to all of us how Dez lining up at one position on Sundays is evidence that he can't learn other routes/positions, and not just evidence that our coaching staff is failing to utilize him how he would be most effective?

Just today Aikman was quoted as saying:

"Michael Irvin got doubled a lot, and there's routes that are very good vs. double coverage. But you then have to run good routes," Aikman said Thursday on KTCK-AM 1310 and KTCK-FM 96.7 "And if you're not running good, precise routes then it's hard to try and fit balls into tight spaces when you're a little unsure where a guy is going to be."

"To me, what I've seen of Dez, what I've watched on film, that's where he has to get better," Aikman said of Bryant's route running.

"He's extremely competitive when the ball is in the air. And when people challenge him, that's when he's at his best...But when there are guys around him, and there's safety help, his routes are not as precise. He's not nearly the route runner Michael Irvin was."

Seems to be some indication from someone who has watched Dez on film that he isn't the route runner he should be.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

"Michael Irvin got doubled a lot, and there's routes that are very good vs. double coverage. But you then have to run good routes," Aikman said Thursday on KTCK-AM 1310 and KTCK-FM 96.7 "And if you're not running good, precise routes then it's hard to try and fit balls into tight spaces when you're a little unsure where a guy is going to be."

"To me, what I've seen of Dez, what I've watched on film, that's where he has to get better," Aikman said of Bryant's route running.

"He's extremely competitive when the ball is in the air. And when people challenge him, that's when he's at his best...But when there are guys around him, and there's safety help, his routes are not as precise. He's not nearly the route runner Michael Irvin was."

Seems to be some indication from someone who has watched Dez on film that he isn't the route runner he should be.

I would take Troy's word that Dez needs to get better.. but not to the point where you can't even throw it up in his direction and let him fight for the ball. I don't think you're going to lose many of those battles. Jmo.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

That sounds like a pretty fair assessment to me.

Dez needs to fix that.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Cowbys need to fix end of game offense, don't try not to lose, win the dam game don't try to kill clock.