Warning: Facts ahead

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
1: We're 13-2. That's the second best record in football.

2: We're 7-0 on the road. Only other undefeated road team? New England. Only 5 teams have gone undefeated on the road since the merger.

3: Our "pathetic" defense has given up a grand total of 23 points the last two weeks and has 8 sacks. They are second in the entire NFL in sacks this season.

4: We beat a good team who was fighting for their playoff lives in their house with varous injuries to our starting QB, receiver, center, and cornerback and our starting safety suspended.

5: We're 13-2. That's tied for the most wins in franchise history.

6: We've played our worst football all year the last 3 weeks, and have still managed to go 2-1 with both wins coming on the road against desperate teams.

7: Did I mention the whole us being 13-2 thing?

I know, I know, damn me for bringing logic and reason into this cesspool of negativity and outrage. I just figured some needed to be reminded of the reality of our current situation before taking a razor to their jugular.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1851721 said:
You don't understand HH, the sky is falling.

Great thread.

A cloud is making my hair frizzy. Wish it would quit falling.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851700 said:

2: We're 7-0 on the road. Only other undefeated road team? New England. Only 5 teams have gone undefeated on the road since the merger.

3: Our "pathetic" defense has given up a grand total of 23 points the last two weeks and has 8 sacks. They are second in the entire NFL in sacks this season.

4: We beat a good team who was fighting for their playoff lives in their house with varous injuries to our starting QB, receiver, center, and cornerback and our starting safety suspended.

6: We've played our worst football all year the last 3 weeks, and have still managed to go 2-1 with both wins coming on the road against desperate teams.

I know, I know, damn me for bringing logic and reason into this cesspool of negativity and outrage. I just figured some needed to be reminded of the reality of our current situation before taking a razor to their jugular.

Don't you know? We must get rid of Wade~! Anybody could go 13-2 with this team~!

YAKUZA

Big Dakota

Reaction score
At this point it's all rhetoric. After the wonderful season we've had, all that matters is what happens in the PO's.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1851721 said:
You don't understand HH, the sky is falling.

Great thread.

It literally STUNS me how often I have come to this board after wins this year only to see chicken little after chicken little posting about how worthless this team is.

New England looked very average against a BAD Jets team at home last Sunday (after looking average against Philly and Baltimore in the previous weeks), but no one is worrying about them come playoff time. Why when we struggle against a far better team than the Jets ON THE ROAD are we suddenly doomed?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851761 said:
It literally STUNS me how often I have come to this board after wins this year only to see chicken little after chicken little posting about how worthless this team is.

New England looked very average against a BAD Jets team at home last Sunday (after looking average against Philly and Baltimore in the previous weeks), but no one is worrying about them come playoff time. Why when we struggle against a far better team than the Jets ON THE ROAD are we suddenly doomed?
Me too.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great points, HH31. There's a double standard. For NE and GB, a win is a win. For Dallas, only a blowout is a win. Anything less is a cause for concern. This goes for the media and fans alike.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score

Nice facts there. Anyone who isnt satisfied with this season needs to be examined. We have definately been successful, however I dont think anyone is taking the razor to the jugular. Just simply a case of wanting to see our favorite team play better. That's all.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1851780 said:
Great points, HH31. There's a double standard. For NE and GB, a win is a win. For Dallas, only a blowout is a win. Anything less is a cause for concern. This goes for the media and fans alike.

Not quite. NE got plenty of criticism for the two close games against the Eagles and Ravens. And besides our game, GB hasn't played in any close games since Oct 29. They are blowing teams out (besides Detroit) which is what every fan wants to see.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851811 said:
Nice facts there. Anyone who isnt satisfied with this season needs to be examined. We have definately been successful, however I dont think anyone is taking the razor to the jugular. Just simply a case of wanting to see our favorite team play better. That's all.

Pretty hard to play much better at this level. This season is way up there in terms of production and talent.

If a certain NE team was not having a even better one in a generation season, then Dallas would be getting a little more attention for how special this year is.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851833 said:
Not quite. NE got plenty of criticism for the two close games against the Eagles and Ravens. And besides our game, GB hasn't played in any close games since Oct 29. They are blowing teams out (besides Detroit) which is what every fan wants to see.

And GB also lost to the only team with a winning record they've played in the last 6 weeks

links18

Reaction score

So you admit we have been playing our worst ball the last three weeks and that doesn't concern you at all?

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
But, don't you see, all that glory is meaningless against the unstoppable juggernaut of the ages, the New England Patriots!

Woe be unto the team that dares compete against the Spymaster!

Seriously, the Pats are beatable, no matter what the Chickenhawks say. And I further say that our Boys, the Packers, or the Colts can do it. Not will, necessarily, but definitely can.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;1851876 said:
But, don't you see, all that glory is meaningless against the unstoppable juggernaut of the ages, the New England Patriots!

Woe be unto the team that dares compete against the Spymaster!

Seriously, the Pats are beatable, no matter what the Chickenhawks say. And I further say that our Boys, the Packers, or the Colts can do it. Not will, necessarily, but definitely can.
I know. We don't stand a chance against a team that scored one offensive touchdown (on a 1 yard drive) against the Jets at home last week.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Here's an interesting fact -- we're 4-1 with Jessica Simpson at our games.