Warning: Facts ahead

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851700 said:
1: We're 13-2. That's the second best record in football.

2: We're 7-0 on the road. Only other undefeated road team? New England. Only 5 teams have gone undefeated on the road since the merger.

3: Our "pathetic" defense has given up a grand total of 23 points the last two weeks and has 8 sacks. They are second in the entire NFL in sacks this season.

4: We beat a good team who was fighting for their playoff lives in their house with varous injuries to our starting QB, receiver, center, and cornerback and our starting safety suspended.

5: We're 13-2. That's tied for the most wins in franchise history.

6: We've played our worst football all year the last 3 weeks, and have still managed to go 2-1 with both wins coming on the road against desperate teams.

7: Did I mention the whole us being 13-2 thing?

I know, I know, damn me for bringing logic and reason into this cesspool of negativity and outrage. I just figured some needed to be reminded of the reality of our current situation before taking a razor to their jugular.

Well sure if you are going to be reasonable about it.

Actually I think we are 4-1 if you count Carrie Underwood from last season. Carrie somebody or other. It was another blonde CW singer anyhow.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
you just said we have played our worst football the last 3 weeks. thankfully they were all against awful teams. i wonder how far our worst football will get us in the playoffs? if they arent careful the bye might give em a loss.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851847 said:
And GB also lost to the only team with a winning record they've played in the last 6 weeks

Well, we lost to the Eagles last week who are 6-8. They're blowing teams out that are below their talent level, and we just lost to a 6-8 team.

In our last six weeks we've played 5 out of 6 teams with a non winning record. We lost one, and have won the others by a combined 44 points, with the majority of them coming in the Jets game. The Packers last six wins they have won by a combined 109 points.

Or how about the fact that in the first 7 games we won 5 of them by double digits. Over the last 8 weeks we have won 4 by double digits, including none in since the GB game. On the flip side, GB has won its last 6 of 7 by double digits.

I'm not saying GB is better than us (we beat them, that says it all) but they are playing better football than we are as of late. Warning facts behind.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Are the 5 teams to go undefeated on the road the 72 dolphins, 82 Commanders(strkie year), 84 49ers, 89 49ers, 90 49ers?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hostile;1851950 said:
The White Album by The Beatles.

Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia...

YAKUZA

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851700 said:
1: We're 13-2. That's the second best record in football.

2: We're 7-0 on the road. Only other undefeated road team? New England. Only 5 teams have gone undefeated on the road since the merger.

3: Our "pathetic" defense has given up a grand total of 23 points the last two weeks and has 8 sacks. They are second in the entire NFL in sacks this season.

4: We beat a good team who was fighting for their playoff lives in their house with varous injuries to our starting QB, receiver, center, and cornerback and our starting safety suspended.

5: We're 13-2. That's tied for the most wins in franchise history.

6: We've played our worst football all year the last 3 weeks, and have still managed to go 2-1 with both wins coming on the road against desperate teams.

7: Did I mention the whole us being 13-2 thing?

I know, I know, damn me for bringing logic and reason into this cesspool of negativity and outrage. I just figured some needed to be reminded of the reality of our current situation before taking a razor to their jugular.

I appreciate your attempt to inject a few facts into the hysteria, but at the same time, if some of the Chicken Littles in here feel like taking a razor to their jugulars, who are we to discourage them??

FWIW, I think you should have mentioned that we're 13-2... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1851739 said:
A cloud is making my hair frizzy. Wish it would quit falling.

Any moment now, I expect to hear BJ Thomas breakin' into song...

I just hope it's not "Rock and Roll Lullaby"... :bang2:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we all know we're 13-2. do you think people are worried because of the way we got to 11-1? or the way we went from 11-1 to 13-2. everybody here was happy with the 11-1 team. the current team is much worse.

silverbear

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851761 said:
It literally STUNS me how often I have come to this board after wins this year only to see chicken little after chicken little posting about how worthless this team is.

I always figured that's how you know which Aggies fans also follow the Cowboys...

<ducking for cover>

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Hostile;1851909 said:
I'm ashamed that I even know about the 3-1.

Where was she sitting? It was like a where's Waldo out in that crowd today with all of those damn masks and guys wiht blonde wigs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851976 said:
Well, we lost to the Eagles last week who are 6-8. They're blowing teams out that are below their talent level, and we just lost to a 6-8 team.

In our last six weeks we've played 5 out of 6 teams with a non winning record. We lost one, and have won the others by a combined 44 points, with the majority of them coming in the Jets game. The Packers last six wins they have won by a combined 109 points.

Or how about the fact that in the first 7 games we won 5 of them by double digits. Over the last 8 weeks we have won 4 by double digits, including none in since the GB game. On the flip side, GB has won its last 6 of 7 by double digits.

I'm not saying GB is better than us (we beat them, that says it all) but they are playing better football than we are as of late. Warning facts behind.
The Eagles are a much better team than either the Rams or Raiders. So is Carolina.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1852000 said:
Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia...

YAKUZA
LOL

Fletch is a classic.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;1851768 said:

How can you be, you have been here since inception and have what 50000 posts. You have seen it for years. Many posters here are idiots who would rather lose so they can complain. We are winning so they have to complain that we aren't winning by enough.