Warren Sapp said..."Cowboys are soft"

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Showtime's Inside the NFL... "the Cowboys don't like to get punched in the mouth. The Cowboy's are soft. They can't come back from getting punched in the mouth."

Needless to say, he picked the Iggles to win the game. It pissed me off listening to this glorified Dancing with the Stars runner up. But honestly, he's right. Until proven otherwise, this team is soft and has yet to prove that they can handle the late December swoons that have haunted us for several seasons.

The Cowboys need to take care of business any way they can at the Link. Then take what momentum they have to Atlanta or Minnesota, or whoever the hell they'll play.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Sapp went to the RAIDERS so ANY thoughts out of his head should automatically be disregarded as INTELLIGENT.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2525303 said:
Sapp went to the RAIDERS so ANY thoughts out of his head should automatically be disregarded as INTELLIGENT.

I hear ya brother. But he is right, until proven otherwise. But to listen to him, and to listen to how cocky he stated it all, ticked me off.

Sigh! We better show up to play in Philly, because the crowd there is going to be at full throat and ready to disrupt. And the Iggs will be pumped and ready to play spoiler, in hopes they can somehow get in.

We all know how well the Iggles play towards the end of the season, and how awful we handle diversity at the end of the season. We gotta do this!

I will be glued to the TV for this game.

scottsp

Reaction score
Yeah, he's been saying it for several weeks now. He basically spent the entire Baltimore pre-game stating and re-stating it.

We proceeded to come out and totally debunk that notion.

soccerbud

Reaction score
compare to smash mouth teams like the steelers, ravens, titans, etc. The cowboys ARE soft. And Sapp is just one of many analysts that have said so.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
And we should listen to Sapp WHY?????:confused:

The guy couldn't even win Dancing with the stars.:cool::mchammer:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Three runs sum up our season.

Steven Jackson finishing us off in the Rams game.

Willis McGahee taking a slow stroll to the endzone right up the middle.

And Laron McClain punching Hamlin in the chest on the way to seal the game.

They all gave me that sinking feeling that this team isn't for real.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2525324 said:
Three runs sum up our season.

Steven Jackson finishing us off in the Rams game.

Willis McGahee taking a slow stroll to the endzone right up the middle.

And Laron McClain punching Hamlin in the chest on the way to seal the game.

They all gave me that sinking feeling that this team isn't for real.

Got the same feeling. That Raven's game, the Cowboys played good defense for 55 minutes. Then folded. We let a rookie QB come in and help shut down Texas Stadium on a down note.

How horrible is that? Sucks if ya ask me. What a way to end a very cherished place.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
That is the most idiotic thing I have heard. I heard Sapp in the Ravens pre-game. He is rooting against us. He isn't objective, imo.

The Eagles punched us in the mouth the first time we played them this year.

Who won?

Oh, yeah. Dallas. 41-37

The Commanders punched us in the mouth in the second matchup. They took a
7-0 lead by running Portis.

Who won? That would be Dallas. 14-10

The Giants punched us in the mouth in the second meeting?

Who won? The Cowboys!

20-8

I have just given three examples that show Sapp doesn't know what he is talking about.

The Cowboys are a wildcard team this year if they win on Sunday. That makes them double dangerous, imo.

BHendri5

Reaction score
we are soft, that is not a fact. why when we lose we are soft and dead, but when we win we are suddenly a team to watch out for, and we showed toughness.

Let's see we beat the steelers into submission until Romo gave them a gift for Christmas.

we beat the giants into submission.
we really beat the ravens, but the offense, turnovers kept the the defense on the field too long.
Yeah they should have stopped those two long runs, the defnese finally broke, it was only bending until then, giving up field goals, but the offense which our future Great QB, kept giving the ball away and could not connect with wide open Wrs, or the OC not sticking with the run, when it was succeeding where the passing game was not.

We lost, but I never saw a soft team out there playing, I saw a team that was punching as hard as the opponent was, really standing toe to toe.

Sunday, you will see a team that will beat the eagles into submission as well.
the eagles will come out with that early fire, but they will succumb.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't think we're soft. Definitely undisciplined for a team of this talent and experience. Not certain how smart some of our players are. Not smart as in general intelligence. Football saavy. And we haven't found a way to win tough games as well as we should. Or show up all the time.

Givincer

Reaction score
Fletch;2525300 said:
Showtime's Inside the NFL... "the Cowboys don't like to get punched in the mouth. The Cowboy's are soft. They can't come back from getting punched in the mouth."

Well, who likes to be punched in the mouth? I sure don't... :(

:laugh2:

Seriously though, his point is embarrassing. It's not like we quit in games. We're always in them. There's been one loss this season that we weren't even in the game, and that was the loss to the Giants while Johnson was starting for us. Our team has plenty of heart. Heart is not the problem.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Thank you Sapp. The guy should know since he was part of a Raiders unit that sucked and often got gashed and punched in the mouth.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Fletch;2525300 said:

I think that's been well established.

That's like me saying the sky is blue.

No freakin' kidding the cowboys are soft, did you come up with that all by yourself, Warren?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
can anyone on this board honestly say we aren't soft? sapp is right. we have talented, soft players with a lack of mental fortitude.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I hate Sapp...I've met him three times and he's been an arrogant jerk every single time. He's got everybody fooled with that loveable dancing bear thing...

but...

He did say the only team he ever wanted to play for was the Cowboys so, he's still a jerk but he's a life long fan so I'll give him that.:(

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Fletch;2525300 said:

Needless to say, he picked the Iggles to win the game. It pissed me off listening to this glorified Dancing with the Stars runner up. But honestly, he's right. Until proven otherwise, this team is soft and has yet to prove that they can handle the late December swoons that have haunted us for several seasons.

The Cowboys need to take care of business any way they can at the Link. Then take what momentum they have to Atlanta or Minnesota, or whoever the hell they'll play.

Who like's to get punched in the mouth I sure as hell don't.