Was Whitten open(You judge)

TonyS

Reaction score
Crazy thing about that play is that there is NO Cowboy in the endzone, as far as I can see.

Didn't see the game, but I assume this was 4th down and we don't have anyone in the endzone. Looks like Keyshawn is barely on the 1st down line. Pitiful play calling.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Got this on the FoxSports game recap

"Jason Witten was open in the end zone on the last play, but Bledsoe said he had chosen to go toward Glenn's side and didn't see Witten."

StevenOtero

Reaction score
At least 1st , Raiders had a hard time taking him down , plus in that situation he would've given them a fight. :( OH WELL!

billyrags

Reaction score
Whats worse - from the photo it appears that on the make it or break it play of the game not one of our receivers ran a route into the endzone when the ball was thrown.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
look, it sucks, but geeeze, we could play this game like 20 plays a week.

qb's miss open recievers. it happens.

and it decides games. whatcha gonna do?

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
No defenders are looking at him. If the WR up there can block the CB under the score, it's a TD.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Whitten does nothing but catch everything thrown at him, he has velcro gloves. He for sure would have scored bulldozing in.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I got a question. How do you walk up to get the snap and forget about Witten??

I love Terry as much as the next guy but come on. You take away half your weapons because you automatically know TG is getting the ball? I dont think I like that tude Mr. Bledsoe.

wileedog

Reaction score
At least now we have come full circle from criticizing Drew for holding the ball too long to criticizing him for getting rid of it too early.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
wileedog said:
At least now we have come full circle from criticizing Drew for holding the ball too long to criticizing him for getting rid of it too early.

He criticized his own self. He even said he should have held the ball a split second longer. If he would have TG would prolly have scored.

/shrug

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garland powerplay said:
Whitten does nothing but catch everything thrown at him, he has velcro gloves. He for sure would have scored bulldozing in.

Good God man! Witten doesn't have an H in his name!

How can so many people be so damn ignorant about a player on their favorite team

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Erik_H said:
Good God man! Witten doesn't have an H in his name!

How can so many people be so damn ignorant about a player on their favorite team

Lighten up Francis

:cool: Folks hate post *****

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
I think he just made a bad pass. Its not a real good deal to depend on the last play to win the game in that situation. They would have been more aggressive like that last drive they might not been there. Dude ,is their any way they can put Newman at free safety & Davis @ his original position of special teams. He's pretty good there on kickoffs last year.

The H in Witten was missed like 82 on that last play.

Hoov

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I was furious that we ran the ball on 2nd down. EVERYONE knew that we were going to run left on 2nd down. Play action pass and we probably score a TD. On the other screen about exactly the same time, philthy runs a play action pass on 1st or 2nd down from inside the 5 and has two wide open WRs for an easy TD.
After we fail to gain any yards running in the middle (AGAIN!) on 2nd, they knew we HAD to pass.

yeah, i agree with that. thing is we had them on their heels after that long pass and j jones run for six. i would be yelling run it, except 2 minute warning time out gave them a minute to regroup.

so in that case, i would prefer to run something a little more sneaky or complex, but still a high percentage play, like a quick out to key or crayton for 2 yards and leave it to them to dive or reach for the td. at least it gets you 3rd and inches.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
if that ball is throw a little better its a first down or a td to glenn...believe it or not it was a good idea to throw it there..just about 4 inches off and a little wobbly as far as the ball

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Who cares. It never shoulda come down to this yet again. This is 4 games of last minute crap like this. Sooner or later it will bit you in the butt and it sure did today.

Bledsoe has already made 2 great come from behind wins on the road which a hard thing to do on the road. Asking him to do it 3 road games in a row would not only be askin to much of him but of ANY QB!!

I put far more blame on Parcells and Peyton for allowing us for the 4th game in a row EVERY GAME SO FAR to come to this. Maybe if they had better plays called and played to win and dumped this play not not lose BS we would not even be talking about this.

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
Witten was open but I seriously doubt that he would have made it to the endzone.

If you are going to run a pass play that close to the endzone it has to be a quick slant / curl ( good route for a RB in that situation ). There has to be atleast 1 route going over the middle. Having 4 or 5 wide inside the 5 is almost a sure TD.