Wash going with Kyle Allen at QB

Aven8

Reaction score
it hasnt changed IMHO Shane would have been a better QB long term then Sam and yet they wanted to run the colleges gimmick offenses vs a traditional offense amnd i like Sam but hes Dak 2.0 in college and im betting has nearly no change in the nfl.. Shane reminded me of Colt and could be solid backup like Colt has become..look at SMU less talent and Shane changed the entire culture around there

so all the coaches since mack , btw MB turned down Johnny football and someone else cant remember , all mistakes , nothings changed .. Longhorn Hc seems more focused on satisfying promises he made to parents and alum then actually changing anything and you want to talk Horns are they not in a symbiotic parallel with the DC the last 5 years its like im watching the same teams just changing uniforms..

ughh

I’m no Longhorn fan, but Shane was injury prone. Lots of concussions etc. He did throw a pretty deep ball though. I always found it funny that Texas Tech could always find these prolific QB’s and UT could never find one! Lol

khiladi

Reaction score
Haskins played one year in college and was seen as a piece to build around. Dak played four years in college and this team ruined a talented roster to baby-sit him, like we wasted Romo’s career with JG running the offense.

Completely different scenarios and Haskins supposedly has a crappy attitude, where he refuses to study the play-book.

The Commanders are making a smart decision unlike our FO when they decided to stick with Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dang. Was hoping the Commanders would keep Haskins in. I think even our defense could muster up a good game against him. Now I'm worried about those two games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haskins played one year in college and was seen as a piece to build around. Dak played four years in college and this team ruined a talented roster to baby-sit him, like we wasted Romo’s career with JG running the offense.

Just can't help yourself can you?
Fail, again....:facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m no Longhorn fan, but Shane was injury prone. Lots of concussions etc. He did throw a pretty deep ball though. I always found it funny that Texas Tech could always find these prolific QB’s and UT could never find one! Lol
shanes doing great at SMU, why? you think going from brown, to smart to herman in short period had an effect, i say Shane wasnt given a proper shot..its why he left he knew Sam wasnt going to get pulled..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sounds familiar.....Mack Brown recruited Mahomes to UT but wanted him to play Safety. Stupid Longhorns......
I heard that too. A bit of head-scratcher.
Odd, since he had scatter-armed Vince Young.

Would've taken one pre-practice where he was throwing the ball around before he was on offense though.

Either way.....it's been almost all downhill in Longhorn land in the post Mack Bown era.

He had one of the most successful decades in Longhorn (or almost any) history before those last couple of years.

Now he's turned things around again in Chapel Hill.

Was joking w/ by Texas buddies that wouldn't it be funny if in 2-3 years, Brown had UNC (who was in the total dregs) passing up Texas in football.
lol

Might be a year ahead of schedule.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Rivera but this is an absolutely terrible job by the coaching staff. Only has played 10 games. And had to learn 2 systems in 2 years. People forget peyton threw 28 ints his first year.

Wish we had Ron as our DC.

Edit: However our success with DC's with the first name Ro...has not been good. Rob to Rod, not so good.

I guess in between for a year there was Mo...Monte.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I like Rivera but this is an absolutely terrible job by the coaching staff. Only has played 10 games. And had to learn 2 systems in 2 years. People forget peyton threw 28 ints his first year.

I'm right there with you, as far as Haskins not getting much help.

Rivera had Allen with him in Carolina, and probably has a better feel of what they can do with Allen under center.

Being that the NFC Least is in such disarray, maybe Riverboat Ron feels this is his teams best course of action to stay afloat in the race.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Haskins experiment is over. Kyle Allen named new starter.

Not surprising at this point. Rivera wasn't there when the WFT drafted him so he has no investment. Allen followed him to DC from Carolina, where he started several games last year.

Not sure Allen is the long term answer either and Alex Smith is on borrowed time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What’s funny is I saw Allen play at U of Houston and A&M and that dude was awful. He actually wasn’t awful at Carolina.
He was the highest rated HS QB in the country coming out of Arizona.
Then he was bad at TAMU and even worse at HOU.

Usually when you see this happen it means a kid has insane physical traits and measurables but struggled in the system and may lack key areas like leadership or confidence.

Honestly I think mostly WAS is just a bad football team throwing things against the wall here.
I expect them to give Alex Smith another shot here in a couple weeks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just read Alex Smith is now back-up, meaning Haskins will be inactive for the remainder of the season unless there's an injury....damn

Yeah, I just read that. Very surprising to me. But then again I'm surprised they're going with Allen over Smith too. But wow, from starter to third string overnight. Quite the fall, and a move that says "we're done with you".