Washington fires DC Jack Del Rio

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe they had every intention of firing people this season. But how do you trade away your two starting DEs midway through the season and then blame the DC for a bad game? It's clear general management gave up on the season.
Exactly........what's crazy is both DEs were playing pretty good. Young was having his best season since his rookie year.

jwitten82

Reaction score
They need to fire everyone. I can't believe they thought Sam Howell was the answer, he looks inbred lol

links18

Reaction score
Exactly........what's crazy is both DEs were playing pretty good. Young was having his best season since his rookie year.
Weren't they both in the last year of their deals? Neither were likely to come back next year, so management said let's get something for them while we still can. They know they aren't doing squat this season. You can have that approach, or you can have Jerry's who sees a Super Bowl after beating up on weak teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
They need to fire everyone. I can't believe they thought Sam Howell was the answer, he looks inbred lol
LOL!!!! I'm not going to go as far as you did, but I did notice that look on him. But truth be told, the dude looks like a decent QB. This was the first real look I got of him, and he looked like he belonged. Despite his deliverance appearance. A 5th round pick playing better than half the league's QBs. Cowboys just swarmed him when it mattered.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Washington is just an awful team.

I think they sacked DeVito 8 or 9 times and still lost.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I wonder if his firing had something to do with this which happened after the first Cowboy TD.

5:20 PM: Analysis from Sam Fortier, Reporter covering the Washington Commanders

After the drive, Jack Del Rio got after three of his players on the sideline: Cody Barton, Benjamin St-Juste and Jamin Davis. Showed each something on the table and had animated points.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, thought with the bad season they are having, might as well tank and Del Rio and team seem to be doing a good job of that. Get a high draft pick then fire the entire coaching staff. The season has gone to Hades anyway.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
How Del Rio has lasted around the league as long as he has is a mystery to me. He will find another DC job next season somewhere, but I don't know how or why.
Its all in who you know I guess.

revospeed

Reaction score
If Ron Rivera ever gets another head coaching job, he will have a tough time finding good assistants. Has been throwing his assistants under the bus for a while.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
yep... JDR is the real problem. Why not fire th O coordinator. They put up only 10 ysterday, and not much better the week before.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How RR still has a job today is unbelievable
it wasnt that long ago that most people in here were singing his praises and begging for us to have a coach as good as him...... oh, he had the league MVP on his roster the year he was "Good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not a fan but for his second year he’s shown enough to at least be in their plans. Draft Marvin Harrison next year and might be a different team. But I guess it depends on the new coach. Especially if they have a shot at Maye or Caleb or someone else.

offlimits

Reaction score
LOL!!!! I'm not going to go as far as you did, but I did notice that look on him. But truth be told, the dude looks like a decent QB. This was the first real look I got of him, and he looked like he belonged. Despite his deliverance appearance. A 5th round pick playing better than half the league's QBs. Cowboys just swarmed him when it mattered.
TBF... compared to who? Howell made a few good throws but I think he is still pretty average.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Let's trade away your two best DE's and then fire you- that makes sense!
Haven’t seen WAS play much until yesterday and it does seem misguided that they got rid of both of them. Young QB seems pretty good. Decent RBs. Decent Front 7. Probably just improve Oline and Secondary a little more and they might be in thick of it next year. Telling them who they have to trade sounds like Dan Snyder is back. Would hate to be a fan of that team. Can’t catch a break.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yep... JDR is the real problem. Why not fire th O coordinator. They put up only 10 ysterday, and not much better the week before.
You have to actually admire their performance yesterday. To have a 300 yard passer, 100 yard WR, rush for over 100 yards, dominate time of possession and put up 10 points in a 35 point loss. That's tough to do.