Washington fires HC Ron Rivera

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Why would he? What has he ever done? He was a weak OC in Kansas City as Andy Reid runs that offense similar to McCarthy here with Schottenheimer the OC in name only. Then he goes to Washington to put on his big boy OC pants and flops.

What's the attraction? I want you to say it.
I’m gonna need you to work a little harder to End Hate.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Remember this board's meltdown when he was hired? Yeah, good times
I wanted him or McCarthy because both had taken teams to Super Bowls, and in some ways you could say Rivera's was more impressive because he did it with Cam Newton. I think that this reflects, though, how difficult it is to find that right combination of coaches, players, good fortune, etc., to produce a Super Bowl team. Only seven coaches have taken more than one team to a Super Bowl, and none has won with two teams.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why would he? What has he ever done? He was a weak OC in Kansas City as Andy Reid runs that offense similar to McCarthy here with Schottenheimer the OC in name only. Then he goes to Washington to put on his big boy OC pants and flops.

What's the attraction? I want you to say it.
I think fans fail to consider this often when they think an offensive coordinator under an offensive-minded coach should become a head coach. I think they should first go somewhere as offensive coordinator under a defensive-minded coach to prove themselves. Bienemy had the chance in Washington and couldn't do it.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not a statement posing as a question... totally honest, totally curious...

If Dan Quinn exits... is Ron Rivera a consideration for DC? Don't misread that. Is he a consideration. Is he a candidate... ie, someone that you would anticipate would get interviewed?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

9908afab-23a3-41da-a2e1-1caf33be7273_text.gif