Washington fires HC Ron Rivera

Reaction score
Maybe he can be our next DC,,, we've got a proven track record of taking former head coaches in as Dallas DC and rehabilitating their career... of course DQ may have had a small part in that,,, Rivera did have good defenses in Washington and Carolina.

Proof

Reaction score
Only issue with this though is why then did they trade their bookends on D? Imagine having this draft along with the two guys they traded? I would agree with you if this was the case, but it's not. The offensive side of the ball can be a problem if they draft properly, but tonsssss of work left now on D
too much money invested in the dl, had to make difficult decisions. got decent returns and are in good shape finacially and w/ draft capital

TheCritic

Reaction score
I actually thought Rivera was a good coach, just bad timing on his part. Got snowed under by the Snyder debacle.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
too much money invested in the dl, had to make difficult decisions. got decent returns and are in good shape finacially and w/ draft capital
I hear you there, however, I don't think they were far off from competing a complete tear down was not needed. The Iggles are proof positive that you can work the cap to your advantage if needed, and the BIG one is that WFT does not have to commit a kings ransom to a franchise QB

Proof

Reaction score
I hear you there, however, I don't think they were far off from competing a complete tear down was not needed. The Iggles are proof positive that you can work the cap to your advantage if needed, and the BIG one is that WFT does not have to commit a kings ransom to a franchise QB
Well the eagles have benefitted from some very fortuitous trade returns over the years, allowing them to rebuild on the fly while remaining competitive. washington hasn't had that luxury, and I think the new owner decided early on that if the worm didn't turn, the most prudent thing to do was dispense of luxury assets for draft capital. chase young was essentially a bust for them, and sweat, while consistent wasn't worth the contract he was going to command considering what they are already paying allen and payne. they didn't really tear it all down imo, they cut the excess and it led them to the number 2 pick. they have not been a good treading water kind of team and needed some urgency

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well the eagles have benefitted from some very fortuitous trade returns over the years, allowing them to rebuild on the fly while remaining competitive. washington hasn't had that luxury, and I think the new owner decided early on that if the worm didn't turn, the most prudent thing to do was dispense of luxury assets for draft capital. chase young was essentially a bust for them, and sweat, while consistent wasn't worth the contract he was going to command considering what they are already paying allen and payne. they didn't really tear it all down imo, they cut the excess and it led them to the number 2 pick. they have not been a good treading water kind of team and needed some urgency
perhaps, and this draft will give you a very very very good idea as to where they are going. They have plent of assets the O, and if the QB they will take at 2 turns out to be a franchise one, this could be a team that turns things around in the next 2 years. Plenty of blueprints out there of how, and not how to do it

Proof

Reaction score
perhaps, and this draft will give you a very very very good idea as to where they are going. They have plent of assets the O, and if the QB they will take at 2 turns out to be a franchise one, this could be a team that turns things around in the next 2 years. Plenty of blueprints out there of how, and not how to do it
agreed. if they stick the landing this draft and with their hc hire, i think they could turn it around fairly quickly.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Why would he? What has he ever done? He was a weak OC in Kansas City as Andy Reid runs that offense similar to McCarthy here with Schottenheimer the OC in name only. Then he goes to Washington to put on his big boy OC pants and flops.

What's the attraction? I want you to say it.
Other OCs under Reid have been in similarly "weak" positions and got HC gigs. Word is Bienemy doesn't really come across as a guy who can handle the corporate side of being a head coach, and his troubled past is sure to be in the headlines as soon as he gets hired as a HC.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He is very mediocre. Some lazy owner will hire him as the retread bin is always the easy way out.
He's a good stop-gap coach to get you through a rebuild, then you hire someone else.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I agree with hiring Harbaugh but I'm not sure Williams is the best QB. I would take a hard look at the top 5 QBs. I may be able to get the one that best fits my system and team with a trade-down. Besides, I would also strongly consider taking Harrison and going after Wilson, Fields or Cousins.
Michael Penix is the most NFL ready QB. I'm amazed that some mocks have him mid 2nd round or later. They are not NFL GMs though.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Best thing for Rivera was to get out of that cesspool.