News: Washington HC Ron Rivera announces he has cancer

John813

Reaction score
Terrible news. If there was one positive is that it was caught early.

Glad he was still going through his regular checkups and what not during this weird year.

I've read at least locally cancer screening is down 40~% this year, which is not good news.
Last thing we need is people to miss screenings and catch a pre-cancer signs or stage 1, and instead wait a year to find out it's stage 3+.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hang in there, Ron! Here's hoping you'll beat this thing and be as good as new! It's great to see you're staying active.:thumbup:

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with CLL Leukemia almost 10 years ago and am doing really great. They check my white blood cell count as well as platlets.
Wishing Ron the best, I hear he's a really nice guy.

Best wishes to you sir.

My step-FIL is in the pre-cancerous stages for it.
Crazy how on his side it's hereditary. Both his aunt and mom had it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I am a cancer survivor. I had a basal cell on my nose, pretty bad. Its scary stuff. Gotta get checked every year because it tends to come back. Thats the nature of cancer. However, the type Ron has and the location of it make it devastating. Damn..I hate it. He's a good guy too. Praying for Ron.

I had the same thing about two years ago. My doctor told me basal cell is the most common kind and has the highest percentage of success to overcome. I haven't had any more trouble with it. Here's hoping you won't, either. ;)

Creeper

Reaction score
I wish him the best of luck. I had a cancerous tumor removed from by bladder 2 years ago and so far it has not returned. I was very lucky that a UTI caused me to have to go for regular checkups which led to the early detection of the tumor. It sounds like Rivera's cancer was caught early too. I wish him the best and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Hope he gets better soon. I have no idea how people with cancer can handle such high stress environments and be as successful as they are. Pretty amazing.

on a side note. Has anyone looked at the washington coaching staff? Its all sons of former coaches and former players. If he is not feeling well or needs to be away from the team because of positive tests it will be interesting to see who is in charge.