News: Washington HC Ron Rivera announces he has cancer

Carson

Reaction score
Hope he gets better soon. I have no idea how people with cancer can handle such high stress environments and be as successful as they are. Pretty amazing.

on a side note. Has anyone looked at the washington coaching staff? Its all sons of former coaches and former players. If he is not feeling well or needs to be away from the team because of positive tests it will be interesting to see who is in charge.

They already stated Jack Del Rio would take over as head coach

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had the same thing about two years ago. My doctor told me basal cell is the most common kind and has the highest percentage of success to overcome. I haven't had any more trouble with it. Here's hoping you won't, either. ;)
Awesome news for both of you! :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish him the best of luck. I had a cancerous tumor removed from by bladder 2 years ago and so far it has not returned. I was very lucky that a UTI caused me to have to go for regular checkups which led to the early detection of the tumor. It sounds like Rivera's cancer was caught early too. I wish him the best and I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Congrats, brother! Hope you stay in the pink!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I wish Ron well. Terrible news. When he coached here locally for the Panthers, he was always so classy and so involved in the community. Just a great man, in general.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Billy Joel has a song called "only the good die young." I will leave it at that.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Best of luck to coach Ron.
He's been a heck of a coach for many years for many yeams.