Washington may change their name again

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Members posting the Washington franchise's former name in their comments:

Site rule #13 - You will not circumvent the language filter

This rule will be enforced from this point forward. Any and all questions should be directed via private message in accordance with:

Site rule #1 - You will not publicly question the actions of the staff or how this site is managed

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Notice who's doing all the talking........only own 4% but you can bet this will show going forward unless his leadership fails.

Here's the ownership group
Who is in the Harris group that bought the Commanders?

Harris' group includes Washington-area billionaire Mitchell Rales, the basketball Hall of Famer Johnson and David Blitzer, among others. Harris and Blitzer have owned the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers since 2011 and the NHL's New Jersey Devils since 2013.May 12, 2023

Josh Harris era (2023–present)​

In November 2022, Snyder hired BofA Securities to explore possible sale transactions of the franchise.[87] In May 2023, he reached an agreement to sell to a group led by private equity investor Josh Harris for $6.05 billion, the largest transaction for a sports team in history.[88] In addition to Harris, the group has 20 limited partners with a combined net worth of $100 billion, including Danaher founder and art collector Mitchell Rales, Basketball Hall of Famer and entrepreneur Magic Johnson, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, Colombian-American financier Alejandro Santo Domingo and his family, hedge fund investor Lee Ainslie, and private investor David Blitzer.[88][89] The sale was unanimously approved by league owners on July 20, 2023.[90]

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Washington Commanders at this point:

ni-gemcat.gif

Praxit

Reaction score
..I would to. Commanders sounds so Canadian league. ;)...

Praxit

Reaction score
I think the Washington Warriors would make a fine choice. Treat the Native American theme with respect. Turn a former negative into a positive.
... I never thought Commanders was demeaning from the start. But yeah, in our sensitive generation someone will go tell the principle. ;)..

erod

Reaction score
We all know what their name is. The same one everybody uses at home when they're watching them play. And that won't ever change.

The only other name that would even make any sense would be the Hogs.

The nonsense surrounding everything about that team never ends.

JayFord

Reaction score
Call em the Washington Wizards and be done with it....would give a nice storyline to have em in both nfl and nba.

fix up rfk (they cant really because its going to be demolished soon) but whatever stadium you build DO NOT PUT IT IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD like they did fedex it was a disaster from the beginning and made no sense it takes almost 2 hours to get from thr stadium to the highway

JayFord

Reaction score
They should forget the new name and get a new stadium or a new city!
i.e. The London Commanders
Something tells me this new ownership is going to move that team somewhere else within 10 years

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
"The Washington Crooks." $ as their logo, cheerleaders with rotted teeth with a crack pipe in their mouth waving a 9mm instead of pom-poms. Then one day when corporations are allowed to advertise on their uniforms, the FBI, DOJ, IRS, and MSM can all have patches on them.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Whatever they call their team, the new owners have their work cut out for them. Living in the DMV, I can say for sure that almost an entire generation (or two) of potential fans have been lost in the last 10 years . Ever since RGIII’s quick collapse, fan interest around here as plummeted. You never see anyone under 30 wearing Commanders/WFT/OldName gear.