Washington Post: Taylor, Thrash injury update

Roughneck

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1761472 said:
How so? Taylor has been great in coverage so far this year. Don't believe me? Just look at the difference with the Commanders defense has when he is in the game and when he isnt.

Last weekend for example...

Through 3 and a half quarters with Taylor in the game: 7 eagles points
Through a Quarter and a half without Taylor in the lineup: 26 eagles points

He makes this defense. Pierson Prioulou is complete garbage, and those two eagles 4th quarter touchdown were direct results of him being on the field and Taylor not.

Despite what your view of Taylor is, he has played AMAZING this year, and it is a huge blow not having him on the field.
You could have a healthy Taylor and 10 of his clones playing Defense and it still doesn't change the fact that the game will be a blowout before the 4th Quarter rolls around.

Eddie

Reaction score
Injuries are a part of the game. We suffered through a decade of injuries.

We've been lucky this year. Karma is a be-otch and I never feel smug about another team's injuries.

Skins are going to play us tough. They're season is on the line here. They're going to throw the book at us. If Drew Bleedslow was back there, I'd be worried.

I think Romo and the OL can handle the pressure. Skins are going to throw everything they have at us in order to get to Romo. Could be a big day for our WR's.

Still, we have to clear up the penalties. Otherwise, it's going to be a close game.

Cowboys 17
Skins 13

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
How so? Taylor has been great in coverage so far this year. Don't believe me? Just look at the difference with the Commanders defense has when he is in the game and when he isnt.

He makes this defense. Pierson Prioulou is complete garbage, and those two eagles 4th quarter touchdown were direct results of him being on the field and Taylor not.

Despite what your view of Taylor is, he has played AMAZING this year, and it is a huge blow not having him on the field.
It's no one's fault but your team for not having quality backups. Every team goes thru injuries, not just your team. We've had number of injuries but our backups did adequate jobs until starters are able to return.

I don't feel sorry for your team or injuries, nor accept your excuses.

I remember before start of this season, Gibbs said he had one of the deepest team in the league and that he had no weakness in his team, so what happened?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Smoot was also in and out of the game yesterday with various ailments. He's certainly not at 100%.

That leaves Springs and the rookie Landry as the only "starters" left in their secondary who are even remotely healthy.

LB Marcus Washington is also banged up (missed the Eagles game).

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I agree. I noticed that very quickly.

Taylor's absence hurt you guys badly. I even saw No. 20 - who took his place - acting as if he was clueless on Westbrook's 63-yard TD catch.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I still think taylor and washington will play this week. Until I am in the stadium sunday and I dont see taylor suited up I wont believe he is not playing.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Well, if memory serves, Taylor did a pretty decent job against TO when he was in Philly...But from the sounds of it, it's looking pretty unlikely that Sean will be playing this weekend.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Sean Taylor Out At Least Two Weeks

Bubba says he has a Grade II sprain of his right knee and is out at least two weeks.
Given how they generally give a timetable around here, you have to think this is more of a 3-4 week thing, but you never know. He could be a quick healer.

Skins also waiting to hear more on Thrash.

By Jason La Canfora | November 12, 2007; 4:01 PM ET
Previous: Monday Afternoon H-Back |

sjordan6

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1761765 said:
Sean Taylor Out At Least Two Weeks

Bubba says he has a Grade II sprain of his right knee and is out at least two weeks.
Given how they generally give a timetable around here, you have to think this is more of a 3-4 week thing, but you never know. He could be a quick healer.

Skins also waiting to hear more on Thrash.

By Jason La Canfora | November 12, 2007; 4:01 PM ET
Previous: Monday Afternoon H-Back |

Thrash has a high ankle sprain so he is definitely out for at least a month.

Taylor probably will be out for at least 4 weeks with an ankle sprain but will definitely miss the Cowboys game this weekend.

Moss has a nagging groin injury that limits his running but he missed the Eagles game because of a heel injury. Seems he always has something on him that hurts but he will be probable for this game, given the magnitude of the game.

Marcus Washington has been battling this hamstring injury for about six weeks. Dont really know how it will play out this week but we will see. Really dont expect to see him.

Of course the Commanders have been without their starting RG and RT for much of the season.

Starting CB Carlos Rogers is also out for the season.

DT Cornelieus Griffin (sp) has a bad back and has been limited the last couple of weeks. He was rather ineffective against the Eagles and I will pray for him against Davis.

The Commanders have suffered some pretty significant injuries and they are really starting to take their toll on both sides of the ball.

Without Moss, the Commanders simply do not have a deep threat and with the injuries on the offensive line, they have a limited running game. I will say that Portis has been able to run the ball pretty well these last few weeks with Gibbs sticking with a conservative game plan of controlling the ball.

I think the Commanders will be extremely challenged against the Cowboys if they get behind early. Also the Commanders are not a second half team and have blown leads and games against the Giants and Eagles. They barely beet the Jets in OT and should have lost against the Dolphins.

Looks like a blowout.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think they should have lost to the cardinals. they have not played a good game imo since they lost to gb. they have looked bad to me since that game.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Well, let's not get too overconfident. I remember when we had a badly beat up 49ers team come in here in 95 and roll us. It's Dallas vs. Washington- anything can, and usually does, happen.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
:confused:
theebs;1762013 said:
I think they should have lost to the cardinals. they have not played a good game imo since they lost to gb. they have looked bad to me since that game.

I thought for the most part we played pretty well against philly... well, up until the last quarter or so (typical)...

Our offense was moving the ball, the o-line was giving Jason time, and he was making the throws. Portis had another solid game. The defense was pretty solid except for a few lapses

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1762029 said:
:confused:

I thought for the most part we played pretty well against philly... well, up until the last quarter or so (typical)...

Our offense was moving the ball, the o-line was giving Jason time, and he was making the throws. Portis had another solid game. The defense was pretty solid except for a few lapses

I look at it like this, you dont score points. You are like us with bledsoe, we just couldnt finish drives. You rarely get pressure on the quarterback.

Playing that deep zone is a disaster waiting to happen.

I am not saying Dallas is going to win, in this rivalry anything can happen and these teams have played some wild ones since gibbs has been back but I just think your team is lacking something. Maybe its the injuries, maybe it is the losses late in games affecting the confidence of the team but from what I have seen and I have watched every nfc east game this year your team and your fans are clouded with doubt. Teams that have competent quarterbacks have made plays late in the game to beat you because your team always seems on the defensive. I thought arizona seriously outplayed you as did the jets, you snuck the jets game out but I am not sure how many games you are going to win relying on that type of football. It is a travesty that you have randle-el, moss, cooley, loyd and mcardell with portis and betts and you cant get in the endzone.

Should be a good game sunday.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Whenever I think offensively challenged opponents and possible blowouts, I remember Buffalo...Washington's real chances for having a real 'chance' comes down to whether or not the Cowboys have a turnover festivus (For the restuvus) and/or they start out dreadfully slow (Per usual) and never get going until it's tight late in the game.

Dallas has to go into the game respecting the Commanders enough to slap them silly (Score wise, of course) and put the game away early...Bring in Brad Johnson and the 2nd team in the 3rd quarter :D

Woods

Reaction score
bbgun;1762062 said:
Rarely works out that way. Weird things happen in this rivalry. Just win, even by one thin point.

AMEN!

Divisional rivalries are typically tough, hard fought battles - at least Cowboys vs. the Commanders.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Woods;1762080 said:
AMEN!

Divisional rivalries are typically tough, hard fought battles - at least Cowboys vs. the Commanders.
Very True, However, Taylor and Trash's injury gives them an excuse, I can hear it already.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Eddie;1761524 said:
Cowboys 17
Skins 13

You have got to be smokin crack! That would be a crappy prediction for a cowboys fan even with Taylor in the lineup and now that he is out your saying we only win by 4? Are you sure you're not a troll? :confused: