Washington Post: Taylor, Thrash injury update

Wimbo

Reaction score
James Thrash is on crutches and a cast on his left ankle. Does not look good.
And Sean Taylor was barely moving around with his right leg pretty much immobiler and stiff as a board. It's a knee sprain and we'll get more info later in the day, but Sean told some teammates it doesn't look as good as hoped and seems like he will miss at least a few weeks. But again, we'll get the official word later...

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/11/monday_afternoon_hback_6.html?nav=rss_blog

1fisher

Reaction score
Wimbo;1761383 said:
James Thrash is on crutches and a cast on his left ankle. Does not look good.
And Sean Taylor was barely moving around with his right leg pretty much immobiler and stiff as a board. It's a knee sprain and we'll get more info later in the day, but Sean told some teammates it doesn't look as good as hoped and seems like he will miss at least a few weeks. But again, we'll get the official word later...

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/11/monday_afternoon_hback_6.html?nav=rss_blog

I hate that..... I don't want to hear any excuses when we beat them down!!!!

:starspin :starspin

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
:lmao: With that being said now they are gonna get smoked even more

Sunday.. Poor trash and Sean " i hit with the helmet" taylor...

Boyz 49

Deadskins 10

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
1fisher;1761389 said:
I hate that..... I don't want to hear any excuses when we beat them down!!!!

Oh, give me a break. It's the Commanders we are talking about. There will ALWAYS be excuses from them every time they lose.

They would never say "yep, the Cowboys are better than us."

Mansta54

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1761402 said:
And cue up about 6 passing TD's for Romo on Sunday...

That was gonna happen with or without Taylor....

Roughneck

Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

We'll light up Washington like a ****ing Christmas Tree, with or without Taylor.

1fisher

Reaction score
cobra;1761411 said:
Oh, give me a break. It's the Commanders we are talking about. There will ALWAYS be excuses from them every time they lose.

They would never say "yep, the Cowboys are better than us."

Ok you get a break....

I like to see strength against strength.... oh well, scrap that.... All the skins have is a "poised" leader..... they have no strength.

and yes, excuses will abound!:laugh2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter who is in there for them. They are not the better team and they're going to lose either way.

sjordan6

Reaction score
Wow! I just read the article and this seems HUGE that Thrash, who had been the only receiver to catch a TD pass this season in this last game with the Eagles, will be out. He has become JC best goto man and now he is out.

Moss continues to be irrelevant with his yearly injuries. The latest has been a heel injury that he suffered this week. His missed all of practice last week and has been slowed by groin and his usual hamstring pulls. I suspect he will try to play this week but he has yet to be effective in ANY game he has played in this season. It seems better to let a healthy Brandon Lloyd play than a gimpy Moss.

Taylor will actually be the bigger loss. The fact that his leg is not even mobile lets you know how serious it is. I knew that once he left the game for good with a knee sprain that he would not be playing anymore. Those injuries normally dont seem bad at first but the next day really determines the damage. Same thing with Adrian Peterson. Dont be surprise if he is also done for a few weeks.

The bottom line is this will be a banged up team on both sides of the ball but it will be the defensive side that will feel the most pain. They will be playing without Taylor, starting corner Rogers, starting LB Washington, and a host of OL out.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Stuff the run. Make Campbell beat you with his arm.... I mean... really.... have him rip off his own arm and try and beat some players with it :lmao:

redster

Reaction score
We're gonna be owned, no doubt about it. Our over the hill coaches are just too conservative. Defense sucks. Offense sucks. QB sucks. Formula for failure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I gave him as much sympathy as others have given Dallas over injuries in the past as well as this season. NONE. If Taylor plays great if not that is the Commanders problem not ours. When Dallas secondary got ripped in week one no one was saying much about Newman being out only how poor the secondary was and what a weak link they are. Commanders have some injury problems too bad.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Mansta54;1761416 said:
That was gonna happen with or without Taylor....

How so? Taylor has been great in coverage so far this year. Don't believe me? Just look at the difference with the Commanders defense has when he is in the game and when he isnt.

Last weekend for example...

Through 3 and a half quarters with Taylor in the game: 7 eagles points
Through a Quarter and a half without Taylor in the lineup: 26 eagles points

He makes this defense. Pierson Prioulou is complete garbage, and those two eagles 4th quarter touchdown were direct results of him being on the field and Taylor not.

Despite what your view of Taylor is, he has played AMAZING this year, and it is a huge blow not having him on the field.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Tell Taylor and the rest of those bums to get their butt out on the field. I want us to go against the best they have.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1761402 said:
And cue up about 6 passing TD's for Romo on Sunday...
OH he was ready to throw 6 on ya anyway... lol taylor isn't as good as you guys make him out to be. If you guys fall apart without little ol taylor I feel bad for your team and they don't deserve to win anyway. Don't start with your tired excuses because that don't float here we have been working and winning through key injuries all season. You will get no pitty here my friend.

sjordan6

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1761472 said:
How so? Taylor has been great in coverage so far this year. Don't believe me? Just look at the difference with the Commanders defense has when he is in the game and when he isnt.

Last weekend for example...

Through 3 and a half quarters with Taylor in the game: 7 eagles points
Through a Quarter and a half without Taylor in the lineup: 26 eagles points

He makes this defense. Pierson Prioulou is complete garbage, and those two eagles 4th quarter touchdown were direct results of him being on the field and Taylor not.

Despite what your view of Taylor is, he has played AMAZING this year, and it is a huge blow not having him on the field.

Look, injuries are apart of the game and it makes no sense to harp on them. We started the season with Newman, Ellis, Glenn, and Ferguson (only played one quarter) out. So please quit crying over what could have been.

Bottom line the Commanders suck and will continue to suck as long and Snyder is the owner and Gibbs is the coach!

What will be more satisfying than beating the Giants and Eagles on the road will be a BLOWOUT of the Commanders in Texas Stadium.

And its only six days away. So go somewhere to sell your sour grapes because we are all stocked up here!

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
sjordan6;1761507 said:
Look, injuries are apart of the game and it makes no sense to harp on them. We started the season with Newman, Ellis, Glenn, and Ferguson (only played one quarter) out. So please quit crying over what could have been.

Bottom line the Commanders suck and will continue to suck as long and Snyder is the owner and Gibbs is the coach!

What will be more satisfying than beating the Giants and Eagles on the road will be a BLOWOUT of the Commanders in Texas Stadium.

And its only six days away. So go somewhere to sell your sour grapes because we are all stocked up here!

I already had this game essentially penciled in as a W for the cowboys. I would have just liked to see a somewhat close game where we arn't out of it before the 4th quarter... doesnt seem to be the case though