Twitter: Washington vs. Carolina Game Flexed

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This benefits Dallas.

I was worried that if Washington won the 1PM game and Dallas players found out, they'd come out flat and effortless.

At least this way, you can play for something.
Exactly. I hope they're already motivated, but every little bit helps. Is a three game winning streak too much to ask for?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This benefits Dallas.

I was worried that if Washington won the 1PM game and Dallas players found out, they'd come out flat and effortless.

At least this way, you can play for something.
It benefits the Eagles as well. The league is actually being smart for once. Now force the Panthers to play CMC.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You do realize that if the "Team" beats Carolina there is nothing to play for right?
Eh, it's not like we are still in contention for one of the top two picks where you can really transform your franchise. The difference between picking 6th and 12th doesn't make me want to lose, especially in this years draft. I'd rather the Cowboys come out strong, and build some momentum for 2021. I'd love to see guys like Gallimore, Diggs, Biadasz, etc continue to progress.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Flexed to what, a late afternoon game?
I can't see them flexing out Titans and Panther from SNF.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Pretty crappy that the NFL would think if they know the outcome of the WFT team, that the Cowboys and Eagles would not care to play hard.
you think anyone's feelings would ever come into any decision the NFL (or any large corporation) makes? the only thing that gets these people to do anything is money (or the prospect of losing some)

Motorola

Reaction score
...yes? Promise I'm not new here.

I'm saying that if they lost before the Dallas game, none of these guys would care. Having both games play at the same time means you're not entirely out of it by kickoff.
Major League Baseball does this every year - adjustng start times on the final Sunday of the regular season for games involving teams competing for the same playoff berths.

Bigdog

Reaction score
This is smart and the NFL is taking a page out of World Cup soccer tournament where the group stage teams play the last game at the same time. No more what happen in the 1986 WC between West Germany/ Austria game.

Majic

Reaction score
This is smart and the NFL is taking a page out of World Cup soccer tournament where the group stage teams play the last game at the same time. No more what happen in the 1986 WC between West Germany/ Austria game.

Yes Algeria were robbed that year (it was 1982)

Bigdog

Reaction score
wish football was like soccer with continuous play
Read a study on which the findings said that the average football game action is only 11 minutes long. People say that football is the ultimate team sport but I disagree with them. Soccer is the ultimate team sport. The average soccer player only touches the ball for a total of 2 1/2 minutes in a soccer game. The other time he is making runs, playing defense, positioning. Everybody is the qb on the field and there are no timeouts. The players control the momentum and you only allowed 3 subs now so if you used your subs up and your teammate gets injured, you play with the injury or a man down.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Read a study on which the findings said that the average football game action is only 11 minutes long. People say that football is the ultimate team sport but I disagree with them. Soccer is the ultimate team sport. The average soccer player only touches the ball for a total of 2 1/2 minutes in a soccer game. The other time he is making runs, playing defense, positioning. Everybody is the qb on the field and there are no timeouts. The players control the momentum and you only allowed 3 subs now so if you used your subs up and your teammate gets injured, you play with the injury or a man down.

Yep. That soccer is a grown man's sport. Always playing shorthanded due to those grisly injuries.

BNYp.gif

giphy.gif

Gaede

Reaction score
Love this decision, if only because it makes one game this year actually incredibly interesting for us. Looking forward to Sunday