Twitter: Washington vs. Carolina Game Flexed

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Ugh. I was hoping this “NFC East” race would be over come 4 PM Sunday, but the league just won’t let it die. Now Dallas is purposely going to try (and still fail) against a riled up Eagles team. Can’t wait til we’re eliminated for all of this to end. I still want to win against the Eagles, but, at what cost?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Ugh. I was hoping this “NFC East” race would be over come 4 PM Sunday, but the league just won’t let it die. Now Dallas is purposely going to try (and still fail) against a riled up Eagles team. Can’t wait til we’re eliminated for all of this to end. I still want to win against the Eagles, but, at what cost?

It will be over between 4:30 - 5:00 PM

Hardline

Reaction score
As long as the Cowboys lose I don't care.
We need to get ahead of the Eagles in the draft order at least.
I don't want to see any sort of scenario where the Eagles take our guy out of revenge.

plasticman

Reaction score
Wonderful, so an additional three hours for injured Washington players to heal up.

So the Cowboys are 5-7, one game away from 6-6.

Do you know what mediocrity is? It's being not good enough to get in the playoffs. It also means just good enough to stay out of the top ten draft picks the following year.

Brutal.....

Praxit

Reaction score
...lets hope Jerry sends CAR, a team Christmas bonus before the game. ;)

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wonderful, so an additional three hours for injured Washington players to heal up.

So the Cowboys are 5-7, one game away from 6-6.

Do you know what mediocrity is? It's being not good enough to get in the playoffs. It also means just good enough to stay out of the top ten draft picks the following year.

Brutal.....
The Cowboys are 5-9 actually.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Yep. That soccer is a grown man's sport. Always playing shorthanded due to those grisly injuries.

BNYp.gif

giphy.gif
Of course it is. The world would not know what flopping is then.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Read a study on which the findings said that the average football game action is only 11 minutes long. People say that football is the ultimate team sport but I disagree with them. Soccer is the ultimate team sport. The average soccer player only touches the ball for a total of 2 1/2 minutes in a soccer game. The other time he is making runs, playing defense, positioning. Everybody is the qb on the field and there are no timeouts. The players control the momentum and you only allowed 3 subs now so if you used your subs up and your teammate gets injured, you play with the injury or a man down.

Offsides makes soccer so boring.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is smart and the NFL is taking a page out of World Cup soccer tournament where the group stage teams play the last game at the same time. No more what happen in the 1986 WC between West Germany/ Austria game.
This helps the NFL, not the Cowboys.

Why would the Cowboys want to win out if they knew ahead of time that they were already eliminated from playoff contention? It makes absolutely no sense to win out after-the-fact while hurting your draft positioning.

ghst187

Reaction score
This benefits Dallas.

I was worried that if Washington won the 1PM game and Dallas players found out, they'd come out flat and effortless.

At least this way, you can play for something.
Watching this team the last 40+ years, still a good chance they come out flat and unmotivated.
Seen them do it even in playoff games and play-in games time and again

Hadenough

Reaction score
I cant believe there is some kind of hope for this team to win the division.
:facepalm:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Read a study on which the findings said that the average football game action is only 11 minutes long. People say that football is the ultimate team sport but I disagree with them. Soccer is the ultimate team sport. The average soccer player only touches the ball for a total of 2 1/2 minutes in a soccer game. The other time he is making runs, playing defense, positioning. Everybody is the qb on the field and there are no timeouts. The players control the momentum and you only allowed 3 subs now so if you used your subs up and your teammate gets injured, you play with the injury or a man down.
Totally agree! People that dont know anything about soccer watch the guy with the ball and dont realize its a lot about what players are doing that dont have the ball. Soccer is an excellent sport to build a solid foundation for other sports because of the footwork and stamina.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Totally agree! People that dont know anything about soccer watch the guy with the ball and dont realize its a lot about what players are doing that dont have the ball. Soccer is an excellent sport to build a solid foundation for other sports because of the footwork and stamina.
So true. That is why a lot of good basketball players first played soccer. You play defense on basketball with you feet.

Bigdog

Reaction score
This helps the NFL, not the Cowboys.

Why would the Cowboys want to win out if they knew ahead of time that they were already eliminated from playoff contention? It makes absolutely no sense to win out after-the-fact while hurting your draft positioning.
That is what I met. It smart for the NFL to do this.

JBS

Reaction score
How stupid do you have to be to think that flexing a game back 3 hours, is going to change how a different team approaches a game? I mean the level of stupid in this thread is ridiculous.