Twitter: Washington vs. Carolina Game Flexed

Hadenough

Reaction score
I just want to see Dallas take down Philly. If Carolina wins that is just icing on the cake.
Only problem is would you rather philly be able to pick the best defender on the board before Dallas. They already have a pretty good D line.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only problem is would you rather philly be able to pick the best defender on the board before Dallas. They already have a pretty good D line.

I don't know who Philly intends on picking, You just said Philly has a very good D line so chance are DL is not going to be a priority pick for them. For Dallas DT, Safety, LB CB are all areas we can address and I have a feeling there will be very good prospects out there to fill some of our needs on defense. I don't buy into the notion you can only find talent within the top 5

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the Eagles are going to beat the Cowboys anyway, but I think the NFL did this for the benefit of the Eagles or WFT, not the Cowboys. And why not flex the Giants game too?

If Washington wins, and the Giants lose, then Washington wins the division. I would rather the Cowboys know this before they play the Eagles so they can play some young guys, rest the guys who are banged up and get some benefit of player evaluation out of this wretched season.

And for those people saying the difference between the 6th pick and the 12 is nothing, I will hold that thought until draft day. A lot is going to happen and players will move up and down the draft boards. Players will emerge from the Bowls games and the Senior Bowls, and the combine. In April there will be a player we want who will be picked at 10 or 11 and we will be disappointed. If it is the Eagles who take that guy before us, we are going to be peeved. Last year the 49ers picked Javon Kinlaw at 12, while we were drafting just 5 spots lower.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How does having the Washington game start 20 minutes ahead of the Dallas game prevent the folks that operate the Jerryworld scoreboard from showing the Washington score? The Washington game is likewise going to end 20 minutes before the Dallas game will and the Cowboys will know if they have anything to play for in the 4th quarter of the game.

If we fake enough injuries in the first half of the game we may even get the entire 4th quarter delayed enough to know if Washington lost. I think the iggles may even cooperate with faking injuries early in the game. Sometimes determining the need to cart a player off the field can take 10 or 15 minutes. It's not like we can get a weather delay in that stadium.

JBS

Reaction score
Mccaffrey not practicing. He isn’t playing. A. Smith also isn't practicing. Haskins taking 1st team reps.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the Eagles are going to beat the Cowboys anyway, but I think the NFL did this for the benefit of the Eagles or WFT, not the Cowboys. And why not flex the Giants game too?

If Washington wins, and the Giants lose, then Washington wins the division. I would rather the Cowboys know this before they play the Eagles so they can play some young guys, rest the guys who are banged up and get some benefit of player evaluation out of this wretched season.

And for those people saying the difference between the 6th pick and the 12 is nothing, I will hold that thought until draft day. A lot is going to happen and players will move up and down the draft boards. Players will emerge from the Bowls games and the Senior Bowls, and the combine. In April there will be a player we want who will be picked at 10 or 11 and we will be disappointed. If it is the Eagles who take that guy before us, we are going to be peeved. Last year the 49ers picked Javon Kinlaw at 12, while we were drafting just 5 spots lower.
that is a good point, but it is the league trying to keep games interesting.

If all teams tanked like fans wanted, then hardly any of the games would be interesting, ratings would fall, and nfl would lose money, and then the cap goes down,
etc etc.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't know who Philly intends on picking, You just said Philly has a very good D line so chance are DL is not going to be a priority pick for them. For Dallas DT, Safety, LB CB are all areas we can address and I have a feeling there will be very good prospects out there to fill some of our needs on defense. I don't buy into the notion you can only find talent within the top 5
I'm just going on the idea that Philly always tends to take players that will strengthen their team while weakening Dallas. That did that with Wentz and Goddart. Remember when Dallas was picking around 16 and Rams took Aaron Donald at 12 and then the Steelers too Shazier. Dallas needs pact players and the closer to the top of the draft they choose the better options they have.

JBS

Reaction score
I'm just going on the idea that Philly always tends to take players that will strengthen their team while weakening Dallas. That did that with Wentz and Goddart. Remember when Dallas was picking around 16 and Rams took Aaron Donald at 12 and then the Steelers too Shazier. Dallas needs pact players and the closer to the top of the draft they choose the better options they have.
Yes that happens a lot when teams pick in front of you. They pick good players.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

All I can say is Dallas is beat up and playing backups aleady and these guys are going to go out and do their best to beat Philly. As for the draft we will draft where we draft and I have no reservations that we can fill some needs on defense. I'm not going to sit there and root for Philly no matter what anyone else around here chooses to do. If by chance Washington loses and Cowboys win, it will make week 17 even more interesting.