Wasn't This Outcome Obvious

gbrittain

Reaction score
All the blind homers telling me December did not matter.

Take a look at what happened since the Green Bay game:

If not for a freak bounce of the ball and a missed chip shot from Hanson Dallas loses the Detroit game. 14 Second half points.

Dallas lost at home to Philly and looked terrible doing so. 3 Second half points.

Dallas beat Carolina, but did not look impressive doing so. 3 Second half points. I know we lost TO, but Carolina was down to a rookie undrafted FA QB and they managed 6 points the second half.

Dallas got blasted by Washington. I know Dallas was playing for nothing at that point, but they should have been playing to gain some momentum. 3 Second half points.

Playoff loss. 3 Second half points.

Something was clearly wrong with these Cowboys, but not many wanted to admit it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't think it was as obvious as posts like this were predictable.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
gbrittain;1900393 said:
Well...I thought it was obvious.

I don't about December, but heck Colts played well in their last game too, but yet they lost. Last year Colts played like crap last 5 games, but Won SB.

The situation, is that, we have crappy players at certain players, Certain Mediocre WR, who shoots off his mouth and doesn't produce.

I was at the game, and man, what waste of my money and energy, loosing my throat, to have team fall apart like that. December swoon or not, this was undesciplined team and a team, that played the game like a Regular season game instead of a playoff game. And it showed.

Deep_South

Reaction score
This is all baloney. We were in the game right up to the end and very easily could have won it. To me, that means we are real close to going all the way.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't say obvious because I really thought that injury and circumstances had something to do with the play throughout December. I am shocked at today's outcome. I really did not expect this. I knew it was possible and I was REALLY nervous pregame like I always am, but I felt like we had the weapons on offense and a defense that was good enough to beat the Giants a thrid time. I really did. Come on, would anybody have been surprised if the Cowboys had won this game?

gbrittain

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1900421 said:
I don't think it was as obvious as posts like this were predictable.

Don't be mad at me. The Cowboys are the ones who have not played well since Novemeber. I am not sure why other than being a fan one would expect today to be different from any other game they have played in the last month.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
My theory is that posters love to predict doom because they can then start threads like this saying "see I was right".

gbrittain

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;1900440 said:
I don't about December, but heck Colts played well in their last game too, but yet they lost. Last year Colts played like crap last 5 games, but Won SB.

The situation, is that, we have crappy players at certain players, Certain Mediocre WR, who shoots off his mouth and doesn't produce.

I was at the game, and man, what waste of my money and energy, loosing my throat, to have team fall apart like that. December swoon or not, this was undesciplined team and a team, that played the game like a Regular season game instead of a playoff game. And it showed.

Very true that bolded part.

I still think this team changed gears in a downward kind of way and never regained the momentum and level of play they had earlier in the season.

That is why I am not at al surprised by the loss or the way they played.

gbrittain

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1900483 said:
My theory is that posters love to predict doom because they can then start threads like this saying "see I was right".

You act as if I am happy about this outcome. All I am saying is the outcome did not surprise me.

They played bad the last 3 to 4 games and continued the trend today. Sorry I am not surprised.

Reaction score

No, it was obvious Dallas wasn't playing particularly well over the past month...

jimmy40

Reaction score
nake;1900463 said:
This is all baloney. We were in the game right up to the end and very easily could have won it. To me, that means we are real close to going all the way.
We were 13-3, beat the Giants twice, playing at home, we lost to a team missing it's best offensive player, it's best receiver is playing on one leg, both cornerbacks were out and we were in the game right up to the end? To me , that means it was one of the worst choke jobs ever or we just weren't that good to end the season and most fans refused to pay attention.

gbrittain

Reaction score
jimmy40;1900573 said:
We were 13-3, beat the Giants twice, playing at home, we lost to a team missing it's best offensive player, it's best receiver is playing on one leg, both cornerbacks were out and we were in the game right up to the end? To me , that means it was one of the worst choke jobs ever or we just weren't that good to end the season and most fans refused to pay attention.

Yeah, to me it is no consolation prize that we COULD have won. Woopty Doo!

The fact is we lost to a team we had no business losing to.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys have not played well since late November, I'm not surprised they lost today, and I'm not that upset.

Excuse me,

:explode:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Disappointed? Yes.

Surprised? No.

The homers who tried to pretend that the sky wasn't falling realized about 7:50pm that it had indeed.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Double Trouble;1900765 said:
Disappointed? Yes.

Surprised? No.

The homers who tried to pretend that the sky wasn't falling realized about 7:50pm that it had indeed.

Truer words have not been spoken.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
I was with you gb. I didn't want to believe it but this fell apart again.

If you want to for a second think i'm not a true fan you should be my neighbors. I am so distraught. This team was so talented and it went to waste. Now more changes JuJ's gone two first rounders, i'm ready for September

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
This was the culmination of this year's version of the December fade we've been watching for years.

It was just delayed until mid-January by a first round bye.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Mine also...there is a quote I love, and I can't remember who its by but i saw it in Reader's Digest.

"Its easy to be a cynic, you are constantly either being proven right, or pleasantly surprised"...or something like that.