Wasn't Wrong on Cooper

J12B

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of threads on fans admitting they were wrong on the Amari cooper trade.

I wasn’t. I liked the aggressiveness by the front office to take a risk and try and save the season. It was also going to give them the information they needed on Dak to figure out his worth. My only was concern was if something happened to Zeke then we wouldn’t know what to think. That pick would then become a top 10 maybe even top 5.

But was behind the front office the entire way. They were making a move.

Let’s have this as a thread for all the fans behind the Cooper trade.

*High-fives to all the day 1 Cooper trade supporters*

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I think everyone was happy with the Cooper trade, we were not as dramatic as the "sky is falling crowd." I myself. saw how great this defense was and thought the offense was skipping. Heck, when Dallas released Dez and lost Witten I was concerned, then when the season started it was apparent that Dallas needed an elite receiver. I never would have thought Gruden would let a top NFL receiver walk. I am still in disbelief that Cooper is with Dallas. He is special, for sure.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Think it was easy to say this for everyone. Love the player hate the compensation but with each win and the compensation becoming a late first it justifies the pic. Had we continue losing games and the pick became a top 5 pick nobody would have liked the trade.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I think everyone was happy with the Cooper trade, we were not as dramatic as the "sky is falling crowd."
There were a ton here that were pissed. I made a post called “ The Rams gave a 1st for Brandon Cooks”( to compare), I got flammed so hard with ppl saying that Cooks was so much better and that the Cowboys are so far away it’s a horrible trade etc etc. Some people just don’t know how to evaluate talent SMH.

robertfchew

Reaction score
I was wrong. We were at the point of looking like we were gonna have a top 10 or at best top 15 pick that we gave away. Now it should be in the 20's and if taco is the type of player we are gonna be drafting then trade them all away.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I'm a Bama fan and he was a man playing boys in college--same in the pros (except the boys are older). Loved the trade then and now.

Yeah, I'm an Auburn grad and knew exactly what Dallas was getting. The amount that I hated him in college directly translated to how much I love him as a player once he joined the good guys.

I was skeptical of the trade less because of Cooper and more due to the concern that the team would use him well and that he'd be able to make a difference.

Very glad to admit my worries were unfounded.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It wasn't that no one liked Cooper.

I was apart of the crowd of "compensation was too high for my liking".

There was a crowd of "Well...Dak sucks so there's no reason to trade for Cooper".
There was also a crowd of "Offense sucks....if the Raiders couldn't get anything out of him than what will we get out of him".

All 3 groups were proven wrong. Two of those groups were proven to be idiots.

The compensation was high if we continued to suck. Mind you, this organization was 3-4 if I'm not mistaken when we made that move. That pick was looking around top 10. No one envisioned a 5 game winning streak and essentially a NFC East Title.

This organization deserves props and have made a strong case for GM of the year when you factor in some of the moves they've made.

The Cowboys were not meant to salvage their season with a midseason deal.....it just doesn't happen much in the NFL. But it did.

I wonder though if this team called the Raiders this offseason would they have dealt Cooper for a 1st?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
It wasn't that no one liked Cooper.

I was apart of the crowd of "compensation was too high for my liking".

There was a crowd of "Well...Dak sucks so there's no reason to trade for Cooper".
There was also a crowd of "Offense sucks....if the Raiders couldn't get anything out of him than what will we get out of him".

All 3 groups were proven wrong. Two of those groups were proven to be idiots.

The compensation was high if we continued to suck. Mind you, this organization was 3-4 if I'm not mistaken when we made that move. That pick was looking around top 10. No one envisioned a 5 game winning streak and essentially a NFC East Title.

This organization deserves props and have made a strong case for GM of the year when you factor in some of the moves they've made.

The Cowboys were not meant to salvage their season with a midseason deal.....it just doesn't happen much in the NFL. But it did.

I wonder though if this team called the Raiders this offseason would they have dealt Cooper for a 1st?
also the group that realized that the Boys needed a #1 WR for the offense to improve. Most didn't think it would turn the season around but would solve that need in the future...count me in that group. To say the least the trade has exceeded expectations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
also the group that realized that the Boys needed a #1 WR for the offense to improve. Most didn't think it would turn the season around but would solve that need in the future...count me in that group. To say the least the trade has exceeded expectations.
Yeah I remember reading reports people questioning was Cooper a #1 or not. I guess its because he doesn't make highflying catches like ODB or Julio...what hey forgot to mention was he doesn't have to because his route running allows for him to be open.

He was like the perfect receiver for Dak. They couldn't have gotten a better #1.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of threads on fans admitting they were wrong on the Amari cooper trade.

I wasn’t. I liked the aggressiveness by the front office to take a risk and try and save the season. It was also going to give them the information they needed on Dak to figure out his worth. My only was concern was if something happened to Zeke then we wouldn’t know what to think. That pick would then become a top 10 maybe even top 5.

But was behind the front office the entire way. They were making a move.

Let’s have this as a thread for all the fans behind the Cooper trade.

*High-fives to all the day 1 Cooper trade supporters*
Many of us were for the trade but many of us didn’t start a “i told you so thread” about it.

J12B

Reaction score
Many of us were for the trade but many of us didn’t start a “i told you so thread” about it.

I dont care. What's wrong with admitting you were right when so many were saying it was the wrong move.

The point is that this forum needs to start trusting in the front office more. Jones, McClay and the other decision makers know what they are doing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I dont care. What's wrong with admitting you were right when so many were saying it was the wrong move.

The point is that this forum needs to start trusting in the front office more. Jones, McClay and the other decision makers know what they are doing
No the point is you made it about yourself for some reason.

J12B

Reaction score
No the point is you made it about yourself for some reason.

So you can only make it about yourself if you were "wrong"? There was a few threads on fans admitting they were wrong, but none on fans who were with the trade all along.

So, I started one and if any other fans wanted to join in.

Relax

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So you can only make it about yourself if you were "wrong"? There was a few threads on fans admitting they were wrong, but none on fans who were with the trade all along.

So, I started one and if any other fans wanted to join in.

Relax
I was raised in a different era where we never made it about ourselves. Shoot me.

J12B

Reaction score
I have been enjoying the win. Just don’t like people pointing their fingers at themselves.

Every fan has the right to voice their opinion.

We debate with each other about various topics at times when the verdict isn't in.

Once data and results are available to go back and see what was the right move, that is a good time to revisit our original opinions.

Which is exactly what I was doing and if any other fans wanted to join in they could.

Threads are always created based on fans opinions on calls during the game whether they were right or wrong. Get over it.

Get over yourself and leave the thread if it bothers you so much.