Wasted Years

kskboys

Reaction score
One of the big problems is these Hall of Fame players and the rest of the good players we’ve had haven’t stepped up in the playoffs. DWare had a huge penalty on a third down stop against the Giants early in the first quarter in the 07 playoffs. It led to a Giants TD. Our best players are not getting it done in postseason. Either the players don’t have the desire or the coaches we’ve had can’t get it out of them. They never seem motivated for the playoffs.
You mean the offsides penalty that wasn't offsides?

Creeper

Reaction score
One thing this franchise has done -- for the past 28 years--- is waste Hall of Famers with not even a single NFC Conference game.

DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten and now Tyron Smith. And Lamb/Parsons/ Z Martin will taste this bitterness these players had tasted.
And it will continue because Jerry refuses to go all in like he means it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol but yet you get mad when people talked bad about Zeke and Dak. They can cry in their millions, they don't need you to defend their mediocrity
And they don't need your mediocrity arranging them....plus those guys aren't on the team anymore....I didn't defend or even pay attention to Zeke this year....why? Cause he's not on the team anymore

Big_D

Reaction score
It was talked about years ago, and it's still happening. Just very odd 2nd round picks. Think about it, who had Jaylon and Kelvin as 2nd round talents? No one I know of. Schooner was rated 3rd/4th.

Just throwing these picks away, year after year after year, and meanwhile watching our D not be able to stop the run and the OL fall apart yet again. Over and over and over, same ol' sheesh.

The holes are piling up at the moment and now the picks are at a minimum. Can't afford that 2nd round stupidity any longer. That's exactly what's haunting this team.

jwitten82

Reaction score
And they don't need your mediocrity arranging them....plus those guys aren't on the team anymore....I didn't defend or even pay attention to Zeke this year....why? Cause he's not on the team anymore
Yes they do

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And people still call him great, great is being great when it really counts
He’s been great in the regular season and that can’t be argued. He’s positioned himself to be the highest paid defensive player in the game but he hasn’t gotten it done in the playoffs. I’m sure Jerry will try and use that against him during contract negotiations.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I see Jerry's number one defender is hard at work ....... Jerry can do no wrong.

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah, I REMEMBER The replay of that showed he was not
But then certain posters always tear down our best players...
Ware is a top 10 all time edge rusher. To denigrate him simply shows what type of person one is.

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s been great in the regular season and that can’t be argued. He’s positioned himself to be the highest paid defensive player in the game but he hasn’t gotten it done in the playoffs. I’m sure Jerry will try and use that against him during contract negotiations.
As he should.

kskboys

Reaction score
The holes are piling up at the moment and now the picks are at a minimum. Can't afford that 2nd round stupidity any longer. That's exactly what's haunting this team.
Add in a solid OG a solid LB and a good DT, and good chance we beat GB. Those 2nd round gaffes are leaving huge gaping holes in our team.

MikeT22

Reaction score
did the cowboys waste their HOF careers or did they not step up enough and get it done for the franchise...you are giving the players way too much entitlement

they made money, and didn't win. this is on the players as well... maybe if tyron was healthier some of these stretch runs would have been different. Maybe if Martin didn't ask for a pay raise we would have more cap to spend elsewhere, at some point you have to figure out they only care about getting paid not winning championships. Demarcus Ware stayed hurt, so did Tyron and we held onto Witten way too long. If anything Witten was the voice of the Dak>Romo change so he actually set the franchise back.
Yeah, the HOFers should've stepped up more. Not anything to do with the plethora of yes men HC's while Jerry meddles, Jerry having no clue how to build a complete team or the culture. The HOFers should've been better. lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is since Jimmy left, Jerry has accomplished nothing. 28 years of nothing.
He still hired Jimmy and has three more rings that most every other owner. The problem is that many think it's easy to win a championship...