Watch out for the “One flavor” opinion forum

Brax

Reaction score
Some are haters because all they do every thread, every post, every day is come here and hate on something. Some of them are posting in this thread trying to come off like saints.
You are a hater who loves to hate on any one who doesn't believe in your view, you sir are a hater. Stop trying to come off like a saint.

Qcard

Reaction score
Obviously, the regular season and playoffs have to be the best part of any football season. On an opinion forum about my favorite sports team, I usually have lots of fun seeing differing opinions about the Cowboys, especially during the long offseason without actual games. Some opinions I agree with, some I don’t, but almost always interesting either way.

Some fans like to focus on all the positive possibilities of the future, some like to discuss the pain and frustration of the past, some like to drill down on the details of the Xs and Os, who we should draft, while others like to propose unlikely trades or free agent moves, etc. I’m cool with any and all of these opinion angles.

In fact, I’ve always liked having multiple choices in ice cream flavors.

But for whatever reason, this offseason I’ve seen way less tolerance for differing opinions than I’ve ever seen around this forum. It’s as if only one way of looking at our favorite team is acceptable. That’s not an opinion forum, it’s a country club.

The day only one way of looking at this team is tolerated is the day this place gets boring.

So if you see an opinion you don’t like, remember:
  • Offer a different opinion without demanding that yours be the only “acceptable” one.
  • Disagreement is the coin of the realm around here. It’s what makes this forum interesting.
  • Telling a fellow fan we disagree with to, “Go pick another team to follow” is like saying “we only serve vanilla ice cream here” to a loyal customer who may also like chocolate or butter pecan. It’s disrespectful to the extreme.
  • Being a Cowboys fan is always worthy of respect.
I’ve been guilty of intolerance at times too. So I’m preaching to myself as well. I’m glad we have a forum that allows lots of opinions. The more flavors the better. Let’s keep it that way. The day we all have to think alike around here is the day this place loses its value.
Great Post sir!

But you've caught me in a season of fumigating Cowboy Nation of the Dak Hater's whom don't have a viable option at QB1.

I'll repent later

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
agree to disagree but im saying of you hate all thats the NEW DC and live in the past like the greatest years ever but want an entire team, owner, players discectomy ,you truly are no longer a DC fan.. you are a fan of the past DC..I am a fan of the Star no matter whos coaching n or laying or paying the bills.. yes we reserve the right to be critical but if your posts are 80+% negative all year, you are not a fan..you are a old fan of the old cowboys but now hate the team and all things that come with it..
:bow::hammer::clap:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't say that's an impossibility for one or two posters...... but I think some are just incredibly hard to please, or they say things they know will get the approval of some of the more aggressive posters.
One or two? :omg: That’s funny.

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm not saying everyone who uses the word "agenda" means that particular thing. There are only one or two I've seen who mean that, when they say "agenda". I think most of the people who use the word mean it much less hateful manner.
I am sure you are correct.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
230alarge.jpg

For those who wonder, that's Coach. The hammock is dbrp and the grill master is RWB.
:lmao:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Obviously, the regular season and playoffs have to be the best part of any football season. On an opinion forum about my favorite sports team, I usually have lots of fun seeing differing opinions about the Cowboys, especially during the long offseason without actual games. Some opinions I agree with, some I don’t, but almost always interesting either way.

Some fans like to focus on all the positive possibilities of the future, some like to discuss the pain and frustration of the past, some like to drill down on the details of the Xs and Os, who we should draft, while others like to propose unlikely trades or free agent moves, etc. I’m cool with any and all of these opinion angles.

But for whatever reason, this offseason I’ve seen way less tolerance for differing opinions than I’ve ever seen around this forum. It’s as if only one way of looking at our favorite team is acceptable. That’s not an opinion forum, it’s a country club.

The day only one way of looking at this team is tolerated is the day this place gets boring.

• Offer a different opinion without demanding that yours be the only “acceptable” one.
  • Disagreement is the coin of the realm around here. It’s what makes this forum interesting.
  • Telling a fellow fan we disagree with to, “Go pick another team to follow” is like saying “we only serve vanilla ice cream here” to a loyal customer who may also like chocolate or butter pecan. It’s disrespectful to the extreme.
I’ve been guilty of intolerance at times too. So I’m preaching to myself as well. I’m glad we have a forum that allows lots of opinions. The more flavors the better. Let’s keep it that way. The day we all have to think alike around here is the day this place loses its value.
I agree. But to some opinion are like b-holes, everyone has one and thinks everyone else’s stinks. Lol. I like reading everyone’s opinion and even the way out there stuff and scenarios. Sometimes they hit on something. I try to bring common sense and is sometimes met with a different opinion that can change the way you see it. But pretty much I am the only one on this forum that is always right. Lmao. (Glimmerman runs out of the room ducking)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many of the views they put forth are scripted.

I think that was Faulk's old role when he was on NFLN. He was the guy to trash the Cowboys and Romo every chance he got. He even played that "just wait" card after a really good game by Romo.

I really don't get people watching Stephen A Smith, or Bayliss and Sharpe or the majority of those shows. It is apparent to anyone what they are.

Back in the day, it was Joe Pine that started this. They discovered what infuriating an audience could do. It's all about getting the ad dollars.

I heard one of the hosts, well several hosts at times refer to rehearsals. One lady, can't remember ESPN or NFLN (it was not Suzy Kolber though) tell a guy, hey, that is not what you said in rehearsal earlier, and gave him crap, jokingly, about changing things up on them. I can't remember the topic.

Also as we see, with each set adding more and more pundits, they are still divided a story agreeing very often. Always there are 2 offering differing opinions which are far apart. He's the GOAT, no he's a bum. The a 3rd said, well, he still needs to do this or that to get better.

I got that I rarely watch any of these shows anymore, other than a few minutes here and there. Or I have them on mute often, like during the off season with NFL Now and NFL Live, until something interesting comes up or something about the Cowboys. But I don't have it on every day waiting for tidbits either. I can get that on here usually. Someone will post about it. Even GMFB got so they contradict each other at times offering different viewpoints.

But yes, they rehearse and script this stuff all for ratings. But what gets me, they think they are getting better ratings from the anti Dallas fans than if they spoke positive they would get even better ratings from the Cowboys fans. They must have some stupid people in charge as we already noticed. :lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
I heard one of the hosts, well several hosts at times refer to rehearsals. One lady, can't remember ESPN or NFLN (it was not Suzy Kolber though) tell a guy, hey, that is not what you said in rehearsal earlier, and gave him crap, jokingly, about changing things up on them. I can't remember the topic.

Also as we see, with each set adding more and more pundits, they are still divided a story agreeing very often. Always there are 2 offering differing opinions which are far apart. He's the GOAT, no he's a bum. The a 3rd said, well, he still needs to do this or that to get better.

I got that I rarely watch any of these shows anymore, other than a few minutes here and there. Or I have them on mute often, like during the off season with NFL Now and NFL Live, until something interesting comes up or something about the Cowboys. But I don't have it on every day waiting for tidbits either. I can get that on here usually. Someone will post about it. Even GMFB got so they contradict each other at times offering different viewpoints.

But yes, they rehearse and script this stuff all for ratings. But what gets me, they think they are getting better ratings from the anti Dallas fans than if they spoke positive they would get even better ratings from the Cowboys fans. They must have some stupid people in charge as we already noticed. :lmao2:

And that is a huge reason why BSPN is losing viewers in hordes.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are free to express your opinions on CowboysZone. Management is not forcing you to have a specific opinion.

CZ might be like the Movie Mean Girls but it's definitely NOT some type oppressive dictatorship.

Types of Posters:

Trolls
  • Extremist Trolls
    • The problem is that many "opinions" are just trolling by trolls.
    • For example, even fans of other teams consider Dak to be somewhere in the top 20 QBs in the league.
    • When someone posts over and over that Dak can't play and is not even close to top 20, then you know that person is trolling.
    • If someone posts that Dak is 10th and I reply that Dak is 5th, then that's a real debate and I'll respond differently to that person than to a pure troll.
  • Beating a Dead Horse Trolling
    • Another type of trolling is the "beating a dead horse" style. "Jerra, Jerrah, Booger, etc. sucks and we have not won in 20 plus years" is just beating a dead horse. Those people need to go tell Jerry. The rest of us that want to discuss football don't need to hear "Jerra/Booger" sucks over and over and over.
Clueless
Another issue is the types of posters that constantly create threads with their opinions but are just NOT well informed. They're not meaning to be trolls but even many trolls are more informed. This type of poster just fuels the trolls.

Random Opinion Poster
Just post their opinions as emotion dictates. After a game when the Cowboys defense got gashed by the run, they'll post that the Cowboys need better DTs or that Jaylon sucked.

They might be informed opinions or uninformed opinions, but they're just posting their thoughts without an agenda (i.e. Even if their opinion is stupid, it's not trolling).

Balanced

Posters that might not spend a huge amount of time analyzing games, free agency, the draft etc., but that take a balanced approach when reading other posts.

Analytical
Posters that make legit efforts to analyze players, coaches, schemes by reviewing the games including both the broadcasts and the coaches film.

Hopefully you ( @Bobhaze ) have a goal to get into the Balanced category and stay there.

If you hang out in the Clueless or Random Opinion categories, then you're going to get criticism from both the Dark Side (Trolls) and from the guys in White Hats (Analytical or Balanced categories).

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I never watch any TV sports “show” that doesn’t involve a game. I hate pre-game shows, discussion panels, etc. There’s very little real insight. I just prefer to watch the actual games.

I do enjoy sports radio talk, especially Dallas station, “The Ticket”. Real insight into multiple sports and they don’t take themselves too seriously. Listening is more like hanging with some friends at a bar.

ArtClink

Reaction score
A lot of posts remind me of the old comedy bit, especially the ones with Prescott, Garrett and Romo was classic. "Niagra Falls??? Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch…."

Any reference to The Three Stooges is welcome here!