Watched some film on Dez and Dak. see for yourself

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I found a youtube video showing a lot of plays where Dez was open and DAk missed him. A bunch of it was from 2017. Dak left at least 3 yards on the field.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GRp2FNw371Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
DEz is STILL a top 4 receiver. If he had Aaron Rodgers, he'd go for 1700 and 19 tds.
If he had Drew Brees or Matt Ryan, he'd average 1400 the last 3 seasons.
Dak is a good young qb, but his biggest weakness as a qb is he's not brave enough to throw it deep unless you're wide wide open. His 2nd biggest weakness, he doesnt see the whole field. Opinions?

jay94

Reaction score
Dez is far from a top 4 receiver, any receiver would be better with the qbs you mentioned, yes and AB would have 3000 yards with those qbs.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Dez is far from a top 4 receiver, any receiver would be better with the qbs you mentioned, yes and AB would have 3000 yards with those qbs.
He has a hall of gamer in Big Ben. Big Ben had 2 rings before a b came: also Ben throws to him more than any qb throws to their number one.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
You can’t diwnplay dak missing reads and being inaccurate. No receiver will be great if the q.v. doesn’t look at them or missed throws:

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Be objective
I found a youtube video showing a lot of plays where Dez was open and DAk missed him. A bunch of it was from 2017. Dak left at least 3 yards on the field.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GRp2FNw371Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BY the way, someone else put this video together. I'm in no way trying to take credit for it. I just came across it and shared it.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Dez is not even drawing double coverage. He's dropping balls, has no separation no speed out of the gate or the Break. Combine that with a Te and #2 wr with the same problems and the same formations and these problems only compound for Dez. If Dez Bryant was a racehorse the trainer would eventually choose another horse who had better speed and form if he wanted to win a race. Why should they invest all the time and effort trying trying to make him into a good number 2 or 3 receiver when there is more upside to bringing in a fresh guy with speed and better long term potential. I actually think Dez still has some big play potential left. But not w the Cowboys. He's gonna have to be in a wr system where he can Rotate and he's in a set it and forget it formation where he's never had to earn his snapcounts or targets so he pretty much holds all the cards.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Dez is not even drawing double coverage. He's dropping balls, has no separation no speed out of the gate or the Break. Combine that with a Te and #2 wr with the same problems and the same formations and these problems only compound for Dez. If Dez Bryant was a racehorse the trainer would eventually choose another horse who had better speed and form if he wanted to win a race. Why should they invest all the time and effort trying trying to make him into a good number 2 or 3 receiver when there is more upside to bringing in a fresh guy with speed and better long term potential. I actually think Dez still has some big play potential left. But not w the Cowboys. He's gonna have to be in a wr system where he can Rotate and he's in a set it and forget it formation where he's never had to earn his snapcounts or targets so he pretty much holds all the cards.
You clearly don’t watch film. No one with eyes would say that. Have a good day.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So this is what you are claiming is "film".

Sorry, but it's not All-22 film unless you can see both the QB and the WR in the same video frame on all plays.

It's also not even full game but instead it is a few selected plays by a knucklehead trying to prove a point.

On most of the plays he shows Dez to be open you can't see Dak. If you watch the real All-22 film, you'll see that Dak was either in his throwing motion to another receiver or was scrambling away from pressure before Dez got open.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

kskboys

Reaction score
The really sad part is that people are unable to discern the difference between Dez creating separation and Dez appearing to be open because the DB left because the ball was thrown.

When Dak misses Dez by 20 yds, some of that is on Dez for reading the DB wrong and making the wrong move. Or running the wrong route. When Dak throws an out, and Dez runs a slant, it looks like Dak missed badly when it was really Dez running the wrong route. This happened at least several times.

However, I'm not scapegoating and putting all the blame on Dez. It was most obviously on both, and also on the OL when the pressure was immediate. Replacing Chazgate will remedy a lot of that.

Xelda

Reaction score
We don't need to fight over Dez. He may get picked up by a team and want to show out against us. At least he'll have a reason to play at top level for one or two games a year. That was JJs money to blow and no one can blame us for moving on. He won't be on our sidelines throwing a fit for a ball he won't catch any more.

Tristan

Reaction score
Sorry no thanks coach, im sure u know exactly what play was called and exactly what route was supposed to be run every time every game so im sure you have a much better opinion than everyone else on what we are or are not actually seeing since u have all that coaches insight we dont have, otherwise im sure you wouldnt be i trying so hard to make everone see things the way u think they are with youre surperior eye balls in your alternate reality

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry no thanks coach, im sure u know exactly what play was called and exactly what route was supposed to be run every time every game so im sure you have a much better opinion than everyone else on what we are or are not actually seeing since u have all that coaches insight we dont have, otherwise im sure you wouldnt be i trying so hard to make everone see things the way u think they are with youre surperior eye balls in your alternate reality
What's really amazing is still getting fooled by WR's looking as if they were open because the coverage left them because the ball was in the air.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
The really sad part is that people are unable to discern the difference between Dez creating separation and Dez appearing to be open because the DB left because the ball was thrown.

When Dak misses Dez by 20 yds, some of that is on Dez for reading the DB wrong and making the wrong move. Or running the wrong route. When Dak throws an out, and Dez runs a slant, it looks like Dak missed badly when it was really Dez running the wrong route. This happened at least several times.

However, I'm not scapegoating and putting all the blame on Dez. It was most obviously on both, and also on the OL when the pressure was immediate. Replacing Chazgate will remedy a lot of that.

I don’t feel like Romo had a lot of those misses like Dak did so did Dez run the correct routes for Romo? And Dez has been in the same system for 8 years and Dak for 2... I feel like Dez probably had a better grasp on it than Dak... also considering the amount that Dak has to learn as opposed to what Dez has to learn. Just sayin

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
If he's a top 4 receiver why aren't teams knocking down his door for him to sign with them? I guess they're dumb and OP is smart.