Watching the other NFC playoff teams...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
It just kills me that we have a team who can't win big games, because we are so much faster and more talented than everyone else. Both New York and Carolina have far inferior athletes. Arizona and Minnesota are pitiful and will likely lose in the first round, even at home. Atlanta is schitzo.

A good coaching staff that instilled some heart into our guys would have us walking into the Superbowl. I just PRAY and hope against hope that our coaches can pull it together for only 4 games and we could potentially be the 3rd wildcard in 4 years to win the title. I know we probably won't, but ******...this would probably be the second most talented Cowboys team to not win the SB behind only the '94 squad

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We can beat any team. And we can lose to any team. You can say that about every team that will be in the playoffs.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think we get " hyped " on how much talent we have. Other teams have just as much, but it is execution, desire, heart, coaching, work ethic, accountability, discipline and most of all brains. Where do we stack up against other teams there?????

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2516827 said:
It just kills me that we have a team who can't win big games, because we are so much faster and more talented than everyone else. Both New York and Carolina have far inferior athletes. Arizona and Minnesota are pitiful and will likely lose in the first round, even at home. Atlanta is schitzo.

Like it or not, Was and NYG were the two biggest games of the season.

I won't argue that we are inconsistent, but if we finish the season 4-2, and all of those games are BIG, we are pretty good in big games.

EndGame

Reaction score
Well, this month we HAVE won a big game. Not coincidentally, it was against an NFC playoff team.

ETA: ...and they're the #1 seed in the NFC by the way.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
There was a playoff atmosphere at tonight's game.

And 2 teams who committed no turnovers and very few penalties.

We won't sniff a win in January against either team with our typical 2 turnover/8 penalty game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2516895 said:
There was a playoff atmosphere at tonight's game.

And 2 teams who committed no turnovers and very few penalties.

We won't sniff a win in January against either team with our typical 2 turnover/8 penalty game.
Didn't we just obliterate the Giants? Oh yeah, we did.

The Panch

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2516827 said:

A good coaching staff that instilled some heart into our guys would have us walking into the Superbowl. I just PRAY and hope against hope that our coaches can pull it together for only 4 games and we could potentially be the 3rd wildcard in 4 years to win the title. I know we probably won't, but ******...this would probably be the second most talented Cowboys team to not win the SB behind only the '94 squad
This is the exact problem with our team. They share the same opinion as you and constantly get their cupcake ***** handed to em as a result of it. They think all they have to do is show up and teams will bow down to em and pay for it in the end.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2516897 said:
Obliterate? I guess we define the word differently. One good game a month usually doesn't get it done.

Aren't the Giants 12-3 with HFA? Oh yeah, they are.

Aren't we fighting for a WC in the middle of the NFC pack? Oh yea, we are.

links18

Reaction score
There is parity and inconsistency all over this league. Just look at the up and down results the last couple of weeks. There is still a chance we will have two 8-8 division winners. However, the Giants took a big step towards repeating tonight by getting HFA. Its gonna be tough to beat them in those conditions in their own house.

Although we are stacked with talent, we do not have the coaching to put together a winning game plan and demand accountability and execution on the field. Our issues have been the same issue for years now. Lack of focus, lack of concentration, carelessness and poor game planning and game management. Those issues may predate the current coaching staff, but it shows no sign of knowing how to fix them after 15 weeks of year 2.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
gmb85;2516903 said:
How did that work out last year?
Exactly. Any team can beat any time on any given Sunday. Saying we "can't win a big game" is ********.

Double Trouble;2516913 said:
Obliterate? I guess we define the word differently.
I'm sure you define it differently depending on which team you're talking about.

One good game a month usually doesn't get it done.
What does that have to do with anything?

Aren't the Giants 12-3 with HFA? Oh yeah, they are.
And this?

Aren't we fighting for a WC in the middle of the NFC pack? Oh yea, we are.
Are you drunk? Or are you really this dumb?

cmacch

Reaction score
links18;2516917 said:
There is parity and inconsistency all over this league. Just look at the up and down results the last couple of weeks. There is still a chance we will have two 8-8 division winners. However, the Giants took a big step towards repeating tonight by getting HFA. Its gonna be tough to beat them in those conditions in their own house.

Although we are stacked with talent, we do not have the coaching to put together a winning game plan and demand accountability and execution on the field. Our issues have been the same issue for years now. Lack of focus, lack of concentration, carelessness and poor game planning and game management. Those issues may predate the current coaching staff, but it shows no sign of knowing how to fix them after 15 weeks of year 2.

Not for nothing, I was at the Giants/Cowboys game last year in their house and we creamed them on a very cold, very windy day. The weather is no excuse. We can absolutely do it if we just TRY.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2516923 said:
Exactly. Any team can beat any time on any given Sunday. Saying we "can't win a big game" is ********.

I'm sure you define it differently depending on which team you're talking about.

What does that have to do with anything?

And this?

Are you drunk? Or are you really this dumb?
I guess common sense doesn't mean much to the idiotic homers who still think this team can accomplish something with Wade Phillips at the helm.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2516945 said:
I guess common sense doesn't mean much to the idiotic homers who still think this team can accomplish something with Wade Phillips at the helm.
You're right. We could never beat the Giants.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
theogt;2516897 said:

Come on now theogt. You are a very smart guy, you know that penalties and turnovers will not win you a playoff game.. All these turnovers and penalties this team commits wont win them any football games in January

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2516945 said:

Having an opinion doesn't quite equal having common sense.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
M'Kevon;2516963 said:
Having an opinion doesn't quite equal having common sense.
Looking at Wade Phillips and this current crop of Cowboys' December and January records does.

Dallas would have a puncher's chance. Nothing more.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2516970 said:
Looking at Wade Phillips and this current crop of Cowboys' December and January records does.

Dallas would have a puncher's chance. Nothing more.

Again, nice opinion. Nothing more.