Watkins

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I for one was pleasantly surprised with Watson's play at SS.

His timing was good, and he made a couple of hits on receivers that reminded me of Roy...I didn't know the skinny kid could hit that way.

Hamlin also got in a few shots.

Unfortunately, our pass rush was pathetic as usual. Thank goodness for Ratliff.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It's Watkins, and he was out there hitting, so hard in fact that he alomost injured himself right out of the game.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
He'll do good while Roy is out, but has got to stay away from the face mask!!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I don't know if it's our soft zone but he was always 2-3 steps from the ball. The good thing is that after the catch he was there to make the tackle but I'd like to see him deflect one or two and maybe even get a pick.

danzig

Reaction score
wayne motley;2263301 said:
Unfortunately, our pass rush was pathetic as usual. Thank goodness for Ratliff.

if im not mistaking they had 4 sacks in the game. i do believe thats a pretty solid number

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We'll get a chance now to see just how much he's improved while riding the pine. I'm hoping he steps in and makes some plays for us. He certainly seems to have pretty good range at the safety position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I've been high on Watkins hopefully he can fill in for RW and our D won't miss a beat

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
danzig;2263595 said:
if im not mistaking they had 4 sacks in the game. i do believe thats a pretty solid number

And several "shouldas"....before McNabb somehow escaped to freedom.

The pass rush looked pretty solid last night.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;2263650 said:
And several "shouldas"....before McNabb somehow escaped to freedom.

The pass rush looked pretty solid last night.

It should be more than solid though IMO

Chuck 54

Reaction score
BHendri5;2263308 said:
His name is Watkins, Patrick Watkins

oh...wow...you mean like I had it in the title of the thread? hahaha...nice find.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
danzig;2263595 said:

I don't think sacks tell the story at all....we did not get pressure on McNabb in any consistant form. Most of our sacks came when McNabb stood around and then scrambled around....he had tons more time than even Romo had.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm totally shocked that anyone was happy with our pass rush on McNabb last night.

I like that we got some pressure in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, but we are so far from being able to bring pressure the way Philly and NY do it that I get very frustrated.

Now maybe our coaches prefer not bringing pressure and trying to avoid the big play, I don't know, but my friends and I were going nuts over the poor pass rush and defense in general for most of last night's game.