We’re in the Trevor Lawrence race!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We need a player that is electric somewhere on the field for us.

Kyler Murray's ability to run was just so electric yesterday. We have nothing like that.

Drafting a defender does nothing for us next year. We need a rebuild and saving money on Dak and cutting some of these bad contracts after 2021 is the way to go.

Signing Dak locks us into mediocrity for a few years.

We need a rebuild because these players careers have been ruined by the culture they were adopted into.

The country club vibe has ruined them.. All of them..

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Did Peyton Manning flop? You know the guy picked alongside Lead? Did Emmitt flop? So we should just ignore the historical evidence, based on dudes flopping?
Where's the evidence with Trevor? College? Of course for every Leaf, there is a Manning. For every Manziel, there is a Brady. I didn't think that had to be explained. But, here we are. Nobody knows. And, if you think there is no way that the Cowboys pass on this kid. Think about who owns and runs this team? LOL. Still, this team has a crap ton more problems then a QB. Regardless of who is back there. And, I am not saying #4 would do any better with what we saw last night. I don't think so.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak fully heals, QB will not be of need. What we need is a much better Defense and Oline.
When is the last time we’ve beat a good football team with Dak ? 2018 vs the Saints? Last year the defense held @ philly 17 points and @ NE and Dak couldn’t get the job done. If you have a chance at Lawrence you take him. He’s a once in a generation talent.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Haven't drafted a QB in the first round since 1989.

Let that sink in.

kevm3

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence here would be a possible disaster. Going from a well coached team like he is at to coming here and then being expected to put up nearly 40 points a game as a rookie behind a questionable o line is asking a lot.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When is the last time we’ve beat a good football team with Dak ? 2018 vs the Saints? Last year the defense held @ philly 17 points and @ NE and Dak couldn’t get the job done. If you have a chance at Lawrence you take him. He’s a once in a generation talent.
Seriously? Are you that dumb?

Dak had a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and a fractured index finger at Philly last year. Plus, at New England, it was freezing and raining badly all game long. Dak actually passed for more yards than Tom Brady. Wise up.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I rather have the best defensive player in the draft. Give me a stud defensive player. Imagine Dak with a solid D. We're set on offense, the defense needs a damn rebuild, starting with the coaches. If you can't see that, you do not watch the games.
We had a solid D last year but I guess some forget that for whatever reasons. Guess what we did with Dak with a "solid" D? Didn't make the playoffs

Gaede

Reaction score
The silver lining to this season is a high draft pick yea. Can't turn down a franchise QB regardless of how you feel about Dak.

That said, I'm hoping for a pass rushing DE. If Tyron is done, that T from Oregon would be sweet too

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That could be just lip service from the Jones. I like Dak but if we are in position to get Lawrence I would do it. No offense to Dak but Lawrence skill set is is just better IMO. His intangibles are good also and he would be on a rookie contract for 5 years which would help build this terrible defense.

Here's what's funny, not ha ha funny, about people that want to replace Prescott who say when Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy repeatedly say Prescott is their QB for the future as being just lip service, why would they just do lip service when they don't have a lock on the first pick in the draft? Remember they started to say this BEFORE the season, after the season started and after Prescott's injury. Do you really think all three would continue lip service all the time? Lastly, the list is a mile long of QB's that all the "experts" and draft gurus have said were sure fire to be big stars in the NFL that turned out to be busts. I'm not saying that Lawrence will be a bust, but other QB's that were thought of as highly as Lawrence did turn out to be busts. Right now the Cowboys have a QB that even after missing a little over 5 quarters STILL leads the league in passing yards. Now that will end in week 7, but that's how big of a lead he had on the rest of the league before he got injured. Also despite what those who want to replace Prescott think, after his injury what he heard from players, coaches, announcers and analysts about his leadership, character and abilities and how much the Cowboys will miss him should end the Cowboys should replace Prescott talk.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Cowboys may have lost the race after beating the Giants. However, I'm not so sure they would draft Lawrence anyway, but would get a lot of picks trading down.

CapnB

Reaction score
I've watched TL since his last year in High School. Hes not all that. Plus we have a all-pro caliber QB. Need defense. And I mean an entire new defense.... not scheme, okay yeah scheme but all new players.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I've watched TL since his last year in High School. Hes not all that. Plus we have a all-pro caliber QB. Need defense. And I mean an entire new defense.... not scheme, okay yeah scheme but all new players.
He seems to throw a ton of passes behind the line of scrimmage and has wide open receivers down field a lot of the times because of the talent advantage Clemson normally has over their opponents. I am not sold on Lawrence either. Will be interesting to see what he does in the league being the new boy wonder.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not even close....

i see around a 6-10 pick, our division is too weak and 10 games to go sorry to disappoint, the jets are front runner and only one #1 spot for Lawerence and we wont get there