We All Know What's Going To Happen

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JWeekender, Nov 27, 2020.

1. JWeekender

JWeekender Well-Known Member

173 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.

2. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

2,252 Messages
    2,625 Likes Received
    No...no it won’t.

Next year will be different.

Just wait and see.

Two thumbs up.

And a wink from Jerry.

3. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Well-Known Member

1,022 Messages
    4,323 Likes Received
    In watching Dallas football since the early 70s, I have never seen this many injuries in the trench. Add in the QB, covid, new system, new schemes and coaches it was deadly cauldron of a tornado, earthquake, mudslide and hurricane all in one stadium. This is not the same rinse and repeat.

This season is showing glaring must picks virtually in every position and round.
    Dallas to has solidify the trenches along both fronts with O-line the most pressing.
    The first three rounds must be plug-n-play trench warfare.

What I want to see Dallas focus on during the remaining games, are increasing the playing time of young players that are splitting snaps with veterans.

Stop with the fakes and reckless coaching. Focus on the detail of runs after contact, and Yacs. Dalton has to increase his completion rates by hitting quick short routes. Zeke has to play physical football. Another fumble, and Zeke would not be suited up.

1. Start winning the TOP.
    2. West Coast passing. Quick slant and outlets. The O-line can't stop the feast of pressure, it is up to Dalton to release the ball quickly.
    3. Establish the dirty runs and screens.
    4. The Defense need to become the hardest hitting team during each game. The Bad Boys.
    5. Hustle, Determination, and Grit; if the team plays its heart out, I am ok with a loss.
    6. Scheme Lawrence more sacks.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  4. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

7,011 Messages
    7,900 Likes Received
    Completely wrong.

Theres no rinse part.

The stench lingers.

5. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

2,501 Messages
    2,209 Likes Received

Totally agree.
    As though I wrote it myself, lol. Jerry's Cowboy Way. The never ending process continues.

6. chagus

chagus Well-Known Member

1,896 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    Dude.... dont even mention injuries and next season in the same post!!!! Let this season and year go.

WTtoolman and Fletch like this.
  7. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

27,645 Messages
    72,026 Likes Received
    And you'll be here to see it.

8. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

5,534 Messages
    2,992 Likes Received
    i wish that the fire MM

and bring in some new younger blood

SiCk_DiAbLo and DuncanIso like this.
  9. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,623 Messages
    4,768 Likes Received
    ..so your saying being a Dallas Cowboy fan is the bomb. ;)...

Techsass and 75boyz like this.
  10. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

2,122 Messages
    2,969 Likes Received
    Yup and with the fake punt it blew up again under the stadium seats during the Thanks Giving game. Those guys will never need laxatives again. :muttley:

Techsass and 75boyz like this.
  11. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

5,534 Messages
    7,105 Likes Received
    Yea as a fan I am done. I have watched very little football this season and frankly as a Cowboys fan I am done until Jerry Jones dies. The franchise is toast under this insane man's direction and I am done watching this garbage.

MaineBoy, Praxit and 75boyz like this.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,379 Messages
    54,652 Likes Received
    I think the way we operate now is mostly Stephen Jones doings.

We are ultra conservative.. We take no risks.. We let things come to us.. We just follow the same protocol that get us to a little better or a little worse than mediocre.

13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

43,529 Messages
    21,126 Likes Received
    And the same situations facing the Cowboys are facing every other franchise. And yet ... the Steelers are 10-0, the Chiefs are 9-1, the Saints are 8-2, the Packers, Rams, Seahawks, Bills, Browns, Colts and Titans are all at 7-3. And we are 3-8.

The problem isn't the situation, it's the organization not being prepared to deal with a pandemic that has affected the entire league. And because we are ill-prepared (whether because we drafted the wrong guys or are playing the wrong guys or hiring the wrong coaches or suffering injuries for whatever reason), we sit in the dungeon of the worst division in the league.

But we've rationalized our mediocrity for more than 20 years. At what point do we get coaches and players in here who are capable of weathering the storm and handling adversity?

Every other franchise has the same challenges. Yet some learn how to prevail and thrive. Imagine that.

pjtoadie, Jarv, Bullflop and 4 others like this.
  14. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,447 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    You forgot the annual bargin bin hunt.

Bullflop likes this.
  15. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

12,704 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    History is on your side.

Bullflop likes this.
  16. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,623 Messages
    4,768 Likes Received
    ....luckily I bought my last wind breaker cowboy jacket 12 yrs ago. Wont buy anything else, until we at least make the NFCCG.

17. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

9,732 Messages
    9,627 Likes Received
    We were a damn good team in 2016 and a pretty good team in 2018 (after trading for Cooper).

In 2017 and 2019 we were average.

But by all means, let’s keep pretending we’re some sad-sack organization like the Browns who haven’t been to the playoffs in 15+ years.
    :laugh:

CowboysWillRise and windward like this.
  18. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,397 Messages
    20,367 Likes Received

You forgot we will sign 3 or 4 washed veteran free agents and at least 2 of them won't make the opening game roster.

Pantone282C likes this.
  19. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,397 Messages
    20,367 Likes Received
    haven't made a Conference Championship game in 25 years.

People have a right to be fed up with the leadership consistently behind that glaring absence from contending for titles.

pjtoadie and DeStorm like this.
  20. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

6,681 Messages
    2,796 Likes Received

Unlike you there are many that understand that with no off season programs, preseason games and a very altered training camp that ALL 1st year head coaches, including McCarthy, will get a pass on this season and it has zero to do with Jones having to save face.

Teams who end up with a A- generally are considered to have had a good draft.

Nobody but Bayless, Sharpe and Steven A. cares what they think or say, just themselves.

Your injuries during OTA's and training camp is so moronic. You're implying that those injuries are planned or somehow Jones fault. Injuries happen and if after this season you can't see that I suggest you take up checkers or knitting.

Ya the coaches and Jones will huddle around all off season figuring out how they can make the season turn out to be 8-8.

Maybe you'll be happier in the long run if you find a different team to root for.

exciter and Typhus like this.