We are compromised

Batman1980

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is no longer All Pro talent, I would only give that nod to the IRed C and the stalwart RG.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Did you see who played the majority of snaps on the offensive line against the Colts?

Gotta say that I agree with this statement. We are playing with a lot of lessor talent along the OL. I seriously can't imagine how good we could be if we had Everybody healthy and an improved WR corp.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Gotta say that I agree with this statement. We are playing with a lot of lessor talent along the OL. I seriously can't imagine how good we could be if we had Everybody healthy and an improved WR corp.

Cooper, Gallup, Hurns, Beasley and Austin is nothing to sneeze at.

jday

Reaction score
Dak, Garrett, and Linehan are catching a ton of flack— and a lot of it is earned. They all have their issues. But underneath all of it is a frustrating truth that is staring us in the face and has undermined this season:

The OL has failed to deliver this year.

Frederick being on IR is just a huge loss, and we have in essence replaced an elite player with an adequate player at the most critical position on OL.

Due to injuries— neither Tyron nor Zack are playing elite football. Their injuries have diminished their effectiveness over the stretch.

Connor lacks the bulk and strength at this point to be effective. Sua Filo is an above average backup that has limitations. Same with Fleming.

The bottom line is we want and expect 2016 offensive production— but we just don’t have the same horses and production from the OL that we had that year.

We are barely scraping by at this point— and Dak's inability to handle pressure well, make quick throws, or improvise and gunsling further hamstring this offense.

Throw in uncreative, predictable playcalling and you get the cluster-cuss we are witnessing at times this year.

It is frustrating but the bottom line is this: what we are trotting out at OL right now is compromising the entire offense. It hurts us the most with inefficiency in the red zone and bad penalties.

Anyway— IMO, had we had a healthy OL this year, a lot of our issues on offense would not be as pronounced as they have been.
tenor.gif

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dak, Garrett, and Linehan are catching a ton of flack— and a lot of it is earned. They all have their issues. But underneath all of it is a frustrating truth that is staring us in the face and has undermined this season:

The OL has failed to deliver this year.

Frederick being on IR is just a huge loss, and we have in essence replaced an elite player with an adequate player at the most critical position on OL.

Due to injuries— neither Tyron nor Zack are playing elite football. Their injuries have diminished their effectiveness over the stretch.

Connor lacks the bulk and strength at this point to be effective. Sua Filo is an above average backup that has limitations. Same with Fleming.

The bottom line is we want and expect 2016 offensive production— but we just don’t have the same horses and production from the OL that we had that year.

We are barely scraping by at this point— and Dak's inability to handle pressure well, make quick throws, or improvise and gunsling further hamstring this offense.

Throw in uncreative, predictable playcalling and you get the cluster-cuss we are witnessing at times this year.

It is frustrating but the bottom line is this: what we are trotting out at OL right now is compromising the entire offense. It hurts us the most with inefficiency in the red zone and bad penalties.

Anyway— IMO, had we had a healthy OL this year, a lot of our issues on offense would not be as pronounced as they have been.

For sure. I give the FO some credit for addressing depth in the off season but two of those pieces went down before the season even started. Then the Freddy illness. Su'a was a nice add. Looney has been efficient but the biggest difference between the 2016 team and 2018 is the O-line.

I don't like our OC but I'm sure he knows the strengths and weaknesses and some plays just flat out have been poorly executed. A Looney wiff on a block by Hunt against the Colts at the 3 yard line. A Schultz wiff on JPP blew up the Cooper play and netted minus seven yards. We have moved the ball up and down the field BUT the red zone execution has been poor. Looking better the last two games but have to keep that up against better competition or we're one and done. Then you will hear flak, and not Roberta

giphy.gif

…. and we won't be killin no one softly!!

Last edited: