We are compromised

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not a coincidence that the OL improved when Frederick was drafted. Other than LT, center is the most important piece on the OL. All these blitzes that we can't seem to pick up go away with Frederick playing, over 50 sacks go away with Frederick playing.
And since your OLT is of limited use if your C sucks, which position is more important is highly debatable.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t guess you recall Aikmans first couple years?

I’m a critic of Daks NFL caliber passing ability. Not sure why you kids call it a “ hater”. I critique and applaud everyone based on merit, ability and talent level.

Dak is a winner, leader and has game savy skills but he’s a below average NFL caliber passing QB needing more elite talent around him. Take off the blinders and stop slobbering over him just because he’s our QB. We’re all rooting for him but that doesn’t omit criticism.
You just sound pissed off because folks call you out for what you are... a hater. Dak will take us to a SB victory with or without your support. You're still welcome to the SB victory party. :D

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It's not a coincidence that the OL improved when Frederick was drafted. Other than LT, center is the most important piece on the OL. All these blitzes that we can't seem to pick up go away with Frederick playing, over 50 sacks go away with Frederick playing.

Here's a huge flaw in your statement. The only time Frederick has missed is this season. Prescott has been sacked 52 times so by your statement of Frederick erasing 50 sacks that would mean that Prescott would have only been sacked TWICE through 15 games and we all know that wouldn't have happened.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Here's a huge flaw in your statement. The only time Frederick has missed is this season. Prescott has been sacked 52 times so by your statement of Frederick erasing 50 sacks that would mean that Prescott would have only been sacked TWICE through 15 games and we all know that wouldn't have happened.
Nice try but that's not what I mean. Dak isn't getting sacked over 50 times with Frederick playing

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe. I certainly can see Garrett staying especially if we win the division and do anything in the playoffs.

Regardless of differing opinions about Garrett— a 5 game winning streak is impressive. The players are playing hard for him with a few exceptions.

However— Linehan may still get canned and a new OC, and a healthy OL may be enough to recalibrate and optimize the offense— and with a high-ceiling D, we may be in good shape next year.

If we miss the playoffs— I think Garrett is gone. Sitting at 8-5 and losing 3 straight would be an epic collapse bc it would involve losing to two teams with losing records.

Don’t see JJ rolling with that.
:hammer:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Nice try but that's not what I mean. Dak isn't getting sacked over 50 times with Frederick playing

If you would have worded it like that there would have been no misunderstandings. What you did write was "with Frederick playing, over 50 sacks go away with Frederick playing." With that said I would agree that Prescott would have been sacked a lot fewer times if Frederick was playing.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If you would have worded it like that there would have been no misunderstandings. What you did write was "with Frederick playing, over 50 sacks go away with Frederick playing." With that said I would agree that Prescott would have been sacked a lot fewer times if Frederick was playing.
You're right I didn't word it correctly.

75boyz

Reaction score
Oline... Shmo-line. While anyone with eyes can see, they aren't playing their best football.... they aren't the biggest problem. Dak is. Zeke leads the NFL in rushing. Dak has enough time on some plays to make a ham sandwich back there yet, still gets sacked or throws the ball 5 feet short of a WR, or 3 yards over their head.

Go back to the putrid O lines Romo had. Many folks complained it was the Olines fault. The most Romo was EVER sacked in a season was 36 times. Dak has been sacked 51 times with 2 games to go this season...!!! To blame it all on the Online is ridiculous. Are people gonna argue this oline is worse than the lines #9 played behind..? Seriously. Are the same folks gonna say, Romo was more mobile or athletic than Dak..??

This... multiple likes and times infinity.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Whatever lol

He has an All Pro OL where 2 were voted in again, a WR1 and league leading running back. If we had QB even close to the talent of our elite RB and WR we’d be a Super Bowl contender with our top 5 defense.

If you don’t believe that then do whatever you do. Lol
ROFL...ok if you think so...Dak will have to learn to pass block, run routes, get open and then throw to himself, wouldn't be much diff from what he has been doing

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And who do you blame for that? Id put no more then 10% the rest i blame that moron linehan, im pretty sure 90 % of his 5 page playbook are all pocket style passes... he is misusing Daks strengths, or plain ignoring them in an attempt to make Prescott into something we all know he is not...a pocket passer

Plays designed to be thrown from the pocket don't prohibit a QB from moving out of the pocket when the pressure is getting to him. Dak still has to be aware, as does any QB,whether a pocket passer or not, when the pressure is there.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Plays designed to be thrown from the pocket don't prohibit a QB from moving out of the pocket when the pressure is getting to him. Dak still has to be aware, as does any QB,whether a pocket passer or not, when the pressure is there.
I agree, but then you have to HAVE a pocket first. or most if not all of this season, Dak has been scrambling for his life, or had a De or D player on his back .5 seconds from snap....

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak, Garrett, and Linehan are catching a ton of flack— and a lot of it is earned. They all have their issues. But underneath all of it is a frustrating truth that is staring us in the face and has undermined this season:

The OL has failed to deliver this year.

Frederick being on IR is just a huge loss, and we have in essence replaced an elite player with an adequate player at the most critical position on OL.

Due to injuries— neither Tyron nor Zack are playing elite football. Their injuries have diminished their effectiveness over the stretch.

Connor lacks the bulk and strength at this point to be effective. Sua Filo is an above average backup that has limitations. Same with Fleming.

The bottom line is we want and expect 2016 offensive production— but we just don’t have the same horses and production from the OL that we had that year.

We are barely scraping by at this point— and Dak's inability to handle pressure well, make quick throws, or improvise and gunsling further hamstring this offense.

Throw in uncreative, predictable playcalling and you get the cluster-cuss we are witnessing at times this year.

It is frustrating but the bottom line is this: what we are trotting out at OL right now is compromising the entire offense. It hurts us the most with inefficiency in the red zone and bad penalties.

Anyway— IMO, had we had a healthy OL this year, a lot of our issues on offense would not be as pronounced as they have been.

So, after all this...just give up?

No thanks!!:)

Take the blame game and run along...even Philadelphia fan's weren't crying about their lot last season. I hope that Dallas plays THEM next!!

Beat Seattle!:starspin:

CCBoy

Reaction score
But the most odd part of this Seahawks offense is their offensive line. It’s long been the Achilles heel for this team, and while they’ve improved as a unit this year, it’s still their biggest offensive weakness. Surprisingly, their run blocking has been extremely good, as Seattle is one of the best at short yardage runs, second-level runs, and open-field runs - all things that the Cowboys are also good at - while being one of the least-stuffed running attacks in the league, unlike Dallas.

But Seattle’s offensive line is still horrid in pass protection. Wilson was sacked 51 times this season, third most in the NFL behind Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott. The Seahawks have an adjusted sack rate of 10.4%, which is the third worst in the league. Wilson generally does a good job of using his mobility to avoid pressure, but he can only do so much and sometimes he tries to extend the play too much and runs himself into a sack. In Dallas, though, Seattle is running into one of the very best run defenses in the NFL (fourth fewest rush yards per attempt) and a defensive line that has been great at generating pressure, even though the sacks don’t always come with it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...hat-big-of-a-deal-russell-wilson-pete-carroll

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Offensive line was absolutely terrible this year. It was a glaring weakness all year and our inept O.C. failed to adjust his gameplan.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So, after all this...just give up?

No thanks!!:)

Take the blame game and run along...even Philadelphia fan's weren't crying about their lot last season. I hope that Dallas plays THEM next!!

Beat Seattle!:starspin:

Where did I say “give up?” I didn’t.

Just examining the main reason (in my opinion) that the offense has struggled as much as it has this year:

Losing T Fred for the year and having Tyron and Martin not at 100% productivity has affected performance.

Do you believe otherwise? Lol— “blame game”. Just acknowledging that what was an elite strength in 2016 has not been close to elite this year.

Like you— I would love to play Philly again bc that means we are hosting the NFCCG :thumbup:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Whatever lol

He has an All Pro OL where 2 were voted in again, a WR1 and league leading running back. If we had QB even close to the talent of our elite RB and WR we’d be a Super Bowl contender with our top 5 defense.

If you don’t believe that then do whatever you do. Lol
Pro Bowl is not the same as All Pro. Fans vote for the pro-bowlers and the AP selects the All Pro team. All Pro is the more prestigious because it is not a popularity contest. Nobody on our Oline will be all pro this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pro Bowl is not the same as All Pro. Fans vote for the pro-bowlers and the AP selects the All Pro team. All Pro is the more prestigious because it is not a popularity contest. Nobody on our Oline will be all pro this year.
I understand. Not this year because of injuries but they’re still All Pro talent.